Chapter 9

In Your Arms.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Chapter 9 Begins*


 

Weeks went by quickly and everyone was back to their normal way of living.

 

Seoyeon was also back to Korea and this time around she decided to spend more time with her son and care more about his well being than her work in the company.

 

Jongin has also established a new business in Korea with Baekhyun's help, and it was doing well while they await the commander's return from a trip.

 

Baekhyun had changed his contact to avoid his Uncle's calls as he wanted to let go of the past. Also he was now very busy due to the forthcoming project presentation with Seoyeon's company.

 

Although for the past two weeks after their return to Korea, Baekhyun really haven't seen Seoyeon one on one, but they only talked on phones due to the lack of time.

 

Baekhyun's secretary Miss YooJin personally decided to be picking up Jaehyun from school to at least be of help to her boss, but the kid felt alone whenever he sees someone else coming to pick him up instead of his beloved Dad.


 

                🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉


 

"Daddy, I don't want to go to school today." That was the first word Jaehyun said early in the morning to his father who was busy arranging his school bag.

 

Baekhyun turned around to look at his son. He was actually quite surprised to hear such words from a kid who loves going to school, and not to mention the sad expression he had on his face.

 

Baekhyun kept the bag and sat down beside his son and gently caressed his head.

 

"What's going on Jae? Did something happen in your school yesterday?"

 

"No Daddy. I don't want to go to school because Miss YooJin will be the one to pick me up from school and take me to you in the company again. I really don't like it when she picks me up from school, I only want you to pick me up just the way Aunt Seoyeon always picks Taesuk from school." The boy sighed and Baekhyun felt bad for making his son so sad early in the morning.

 

He slowly caressed Jaehyun's back and kissed his forehead. "Don't worry about that. Daddy will be the only one picking you from school from now on and not Miss YooJin."

 

"Really?"

 

"Really." Baekhyun smiled and hugged his son. "Now let's get ready for school I'm sure you don't want to be late, right?"

 

"Yes Daddy." The kid laughed. "Daddy I will also give Taesuk the red toy train Uncle Nini bought for him yesterday. Mine is blue and his is red. I hope he likes it."

 

"He will love it." Baekhyun smiled and carried his son to the bathroom for a nice morning bath.

 

After bathing the kid he dressed him up properly due to the cold morning air. He also made breakfast and packed Jaehyun's lunchbox after they finished having their breakfast.

 

 

 

The drive to Jaehyun's school was far from quiet. Jaehyun kept on talking about the fun himself and Jongin had yesterday when they went shopping for toys and all Baekhyun could do was smile over it. He saw Jongin as an angel sent from God into his life.

 

Getting to the school, Baekhyun turned off the car engine and stepped out of the car to carry his Jae down, but Jaehyun already sighted his best friend Taesuk and he quickly ran out of his Dad's hand out of excitement, all he wanted to do was to give Taesuk the red toy train at that moment.

 

"Jaehyun wait up." Baekhyun shouted. He quickly closed his car and ran after Jaehyun but to his surprise he ran into a pale looking lady, a lady he's so familiar with.

 

"Miss Seoyeon?" Baekhyun asked in total surprise. He looked down and saw Taesuk smiling at him.

 

"Uncle Baekhyun good morning."

 

"Taesuk my boy." Baekhyun bent down and carried him. "Good morning kid. How have you been?"

 

"Fine Uncle. But I missed you so much. Jaehyun told me that you are so busy just like my Mom these days."

 

"Hmm, that's quite true, but it's just for a short period of time, and after that you will have me all to yourself." Baekhyun smiled and kissed his forehead before putting him down.

 

"Now you two go in so that you won't be late."

 

"Okay bye Uncle." The boys ran into the school quickly while chatting with each other.

 

Baekhyun sighed when they were out of sight and he turned around to Seoyeon who was resting her back against her SUV.

 

"Are you alright? You look so pale." Baekhyun said in a low tone as he stepped closer to her.

 

"I'm fine Mr Byun, so don't worry about me. Besides, I've been so busy lately about the project presentation with your company so I guess it's normal to look pale." She replied with a sigh following.

 

"Well I still suggest you give yourself a lot of rest, you don't have to kill yourself over a normal project presentation."

 

"I guess so." She replied slowly while blinking slowly.

 

"I'm in a hurry, so I should get going now so that I can get some bread and milk on my way home." She leaned away from the SUV car and turned to leave, but Baekhyun stopped her.

 

"Bread and milk? What about Rita didn't she cook?"

 

"Rita traveled to see her sick mother the week after we came back from Paris, I've been doing everything all by myself. And about the food it just got finished and I really have no strength whatsoever to start cooking again." Seoyeon said in a weak tone and Baekhyun knew that she was definitely not okay.

 

"Can you drive back home?"

 

"I don't really know, I'm just so weak and hungry."

 

"Okay. You will direct me to your house while I drive you back home and come back to get my car okay?"

 

 She looked at him for a while, and she nodded.

"Okay. Thanks Mr Byun." She smiled softly and sat in the front seat beside Baekhyun in her SUV and he drove off.

 

After dropping her off at her mansion, he helped her to the bedroom and took a taxi back to the kid's school and drove his car straight to the mall. He got some food ingredients and milk. He also bought some chicken wrap rolls and drove back to Seoyeon's mansion.

 

He helped himself in and made his way into the kitchen and dropped the stuff he bought from the mall.

 

He took the still hot chicken wrap rolls and milk to Seoyeon in the bedroom and set it beside the bed side table.

 

"Thank you Mr Byun." She muttered and Baekhyun heard it clearly.

 

"It's alright. I will be in the kitchen okay." Baekhyun smiled and went straight to the kitchen. He felt happy that the company project presentation will be tomorrow so that he can finally have time to spend with his friends and loved ones.

 

Once Baekhyun left the room, Seoyeon ate the chicken wrap rolls and drank the milk. She had plans to do some office work, but she was just too weak to even move her feet and she slowly fell asleep.

 

Baekh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter