Chapter 6

In Your Arms.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taesuk was discharged from the hospital a few hours later when he was fully recovered.

 

Baekhyun had to drive them home and stayed a little while until Taesuk had his meal and fell asleep.

 

He saw that it was getting late and his son might be so worried, so he bid goodbye to Seoyeon and left.

 

On his way he had to stop at a supermarket to get a few things for Jaehyun, but just then his phone rang out.

 

Baekhyun took the phone , his eyes landed on the caller ID, and he countenance changed and he frowned. He cut the call and left the supermarket.

 

Baekhyun finally got home around past 9 at night and when he stepped inside he saw Jongin pacing around with Jaehyun in his hands, and he knew immediately that Jaehyun might have been crying.

 

"I'm so sorry Jongin, something urgent came up and I had to handle it." Baekhyun quickly explained himself, but Jongin smiled and walked over to him.

 

"It's okay Baekhyun, I know you have a good reason why you stayed out late, so you don't have to explain yourself to me." Jongin said and Baekhyun smiled sadly at his friend. He carried his son and kissed him on the cheek.

 

"There's something I want to discuss with you, please wait for me a bit." Baekhyun said and when Jongin nodded, Baekhyun took Jaehyun to his room and laid him down. He covered him properly and went back to the living room to have a word with Jongin.

 

"I'm sorry Jongin for disturbing you and I know that Jaehyun must have stressed you out a lot, but believe me it was never my intention, I met a friend and her son's life was in danger, but I'm glad he's okay now." Baekhyun recalled what happened earlier and he sighed, but a soft tap on his shoulder from Jongin brought him back to reality.

 

"It's okay, I understand, but why do I see a different sadness written all over your face, did something else happen that you're not telling me about?" The sadness written all over Baekhyun's face was clear that Jongin had to ask, because Baekhyun wasn't like that when he left the house in the morning.

 

The CEO sighed and shook his head. "My uncle called me on my way back, but I didn't answer his call. I know what he was going to say again and I just don't want to hear it. I even forgot that he's here in Paris." Baekhyun folded his fist just at the thought of his uncle.

 

"Wait, is your uncle still forcing you to get married?"

 

"Yes he is. I've been avoiding his calls, but I got a text a few minutes after I laid Jaehyun to sleep, and he said that he will be coming back to Korea, but one thing I really don't understand is how did he know that I'm in Paris?" Baekhyun was confused and so was Jongin.

 

Jongin knew that something was definitely wrong and that someone close to Baekhyun must be the one behind the situation, but he had no idea on how to tackle it.

 

He turned over to Baekhyun who was currently staring into a blank space. He saw the expression of anger and sadness at the same time.

 

"Baekhyun you have to calm down, remember that Jaehyun is a very sensitive child and if he should see you in this condition it will affect his health. He's still a child and you need to be strong for him both physically, mentally and emotionally. We have to handle this  carefully and wisely, please."

 

"I know that just as much Jongin, but what is giving me so much concern at the moment is that I can't figure out who's actually spying on me at the moment. You know it could be dangerous for us right now." Baekhyun sounded worried, he knew how Jaehyun was badly affected after Seoyeon brought the police to his apartment back in Korea.

 

Jongin got up and grabbed his phone. He made a quick call and when he was done he went back to Baekhyun who was just staring at him.

 

"Who did you call?" Baek asked out of curiosity, but the relaxed smile on Jongin's face suddenly gave Baekhyun a sense of calmness.

 

"The cops. I just made a report and since I've been staying here for over seven years and I'm also a successful business man and  the police around here have high respect for me. So until you and Jaehyun returns back to Korea, they will be around."

 

"Really? Thanks a lot, you're truly a good friend." Baekhyun smiled. He hugged his best friend and went upstairs to rest for the night.


 

                 🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉


 

The morning came quickly and Jaehyun was the first to wake up at the sound of Baekhyun's ringing phone. The kid sat up and turned to his sleeping father and poked him on his cheeks.

 

"Daddy good morning!" The kid exclaimed in excitement upon seeing his Dad. He kissed the still sleeping man on the cheeks and just as he kissed his forehead, Baekhyun blinked his eyes open with a smile.

 

He hugged his son to his chest and rained kisses all over his face.

 

"I'm so sorry son, will you forgive Dad for staying out so late last night?"

 

Jaehyun said nothing but sat on Baekhyun's stomach. "Dad I'm not angry, but why did you stay out so late, did something happen?"

 

"Yes Jae, your friend Taesuk is also here in Paris and he was so sick yesterday. I had to take care of him and so I came back late. I'm sorry son."

 

"It's okay Dad, but how is Taesuk now?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter