Chapter 3

In Your Arms.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoyeon was done drinking her coffee, she got up to take the cup to the kitchen but she was not okay with walking around in someone's house so she dropped the cup on the table.

 

She walked over to her sleeping son and gently caressed his hair. For the first time she felt like a bad mother for not taking proper care of him. 

 

"I'm so sorry Tae, please will you forgive your mommy?" She asked with tears streaming down her cheeks.

She was still sobbing when Baekhyun came back to the living room.

 

"The room is ready and so is the bathroom and other things you will need."

 

On hearing Baekhyun's voice, she quickly wiped the tears off her face and stood up. "Thanks." She replied hurriedly and carried her son and her big handbag. "We need to rest now, thanks for your kindness."

 

"It's alright. Come let me show you  your room." Baekhyun said and walked off the staircase and she followed him.

 

After Baekhyun had led them to the room, he came back to the living room to clear up a few things and tidy up the kitchen.

 

He warmed up the leftover fried rice and chicken and kept them in the fridge in case the boys wakes up in the night.

 

When he was done with everything, he went straight to his study room and there he saw ten missed calls from an unknown number. He wanted to call back, but then he recalled when Seoyeon said she called him over ten times.

 

He sighed and sat on his chair feeling all tired and sleeping.

 

He looked at the project on his table and then his calendar and he shook his head.

 

"I really need to finish up this project before next Friday, I can't fail my partner." He muttered but nature was just a huge stumbling block this time as he became so dizzy. He turned off the lights in the study room and went to his son's room to spend the night with him mostly as he wasn't feeling too well.

 

Seoyeon had already laid her son on the bed and also changed into the pyjamas after having a warm bath. The rain was pouring heavily and the bed was so soft and welcoming. Seoyeon couldn't sleep at first because she was hungry as she only ate in the morning. She sighed and hugged her son to her chest and soon she was fast asleep.

 

 

🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉

 

It was past 12am and the rain was still pouring but not as heavy as before. Jaehyun slowly blinked his eyes open when he felt his Dad's presence in the room. He smiled widely at the sight of his Dad and he hugged him before kissing his face.

 

Baekhyun smiled when he felt his son's kiss on his cheeks and he blinked his eyes open. "How is my strong son doing?"

 

"Super great Dad and my chest is not hurting anymore, but I'm very hungry."

 

"You are?"

 

"Yes I am."

 

"Okay, then Dad will take very good care of you." Baekhyun kissed his son's forehead and carried him off the bed.

 

They made their way to the kitchen and Baekhyun sat Jaehyun down on one of the chairs and he quickly microwaved the fried rice and chicken in a large amount. He served some of it to his son and he also poured some milk into Jaehyun's favorite glass cup.

 

"Jaehyun!" A little voice called in excitement. Jaehyun and Baekhyun turned around to the owner of the voice, and in front of them was Taesuk looking at them both.

 

"Jaehyun is your chest still hurting?" The kid asked.

 

"No Taesuk, I'm fine now, but I'm very hungry. Do you want to eat something as well?"

 

"Yes please, I'm also hungry that's why I couldn't sleep and your dad's food is so delicious."

 

Baekhyun had to smile to the compliment giving to him indirectly by the little boy. He took another plate and serve Taesuk's own food and some milk.

 

"Then come over here and start eating." Baekhyun said with a smile and he also poured himself some juice and drank it. 

 

The kids happily ate their food and chatted amongst themselves while Baekhyun watched them doing their thing.


 

The sound of a loud thunder woke Seoyeon up. She flinched and quickly looked over to her son's side of the bed but it was empty.

 

A scared Seoyeon got up immediately and went straight to the bathroom.

"Tae where are you?" She called as she couldn't find him anywhere. She quickly made her way out of the room and walked down the staircase, but the sound of people laughing and chatting caught her attention and she had to slow down her pace on the stairs. 

 

She slowly walked down as she followed the sound and in no time she sighted Baekhyun and the kids chatting happily on the dining table.

 

She was watching the way Baekhyun was engaged in the children's interests and seeing the empty plates of food on the table made her tummy rumble in hunger.

 

She slowly made her way down the stairs and walked straight to the dining table.

 

"Hey." She greeted in a calm and relaxed tone.

 

On hearing Seoyeon's voice, Baekhyun turned around to the lady and he smiled.

 

"Hey. Can't sleep?"

 

"Not sure, but I guess the thunder is after me." She said in a playful tone and Baekhyun had to chuckled at the way she sounded.

 

"Please have a seat." Baekhyun offered and she did just that. She turned over to the kids and sent them a loving smile. Jaehyun waved at her and greeted her.

 

"Hello aunty."

 

"Hello child. I'm so sorry about your health." She apologized, "It was my fault that you had a panic attack."

 

"It's okay aunty, I'm okay now." Jaehyun smiled but then he frowned his face at the lady and walked up to her.

 

"But who are you and why are you in our house?" the kid asked and Baekhyun quickly cut in.

 

"Jaehyun She's Taesuk's Mom and they're staying here tonight due to the heavy rain."

 

"Oh, okay." The kid turned over to Taesuk who was  done drinking his second glass of milk and he held him by the hand.

 

"Daddy can I show Taesuk some of my toy cars and other stuffs?"

 

"Yes, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter