Chapter 5

In Your Arms.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5

 

Baekhyun shook his head and gently tapped his fingers on the table as he felt relief.

 

"Miss Seoyeon, you have no idea how worried I was, I thought something bad had happened, well, I'm glad you're okay. And Taesuk?"

 

"He's fine and also with me. Please let's have a look at the project and after that we can have a drink only if that's okay with you."

 

"Sure, I'd love to." Baekhyun said and they went straight to business. Seoyeon was very impressed with Baekhyun's work and so was the assistant manager. The transaction was made and the assistant manager had to take the project away and left Seoyeon behind.

 

Once they were alone, Baekhyun quickly gave Jongin a phone call reminding him to give Jaehyun his vitamins.

 

After ending the call, he sighed as he saw Seoyeon busy staring into a blank space.

 

"Seoyeon is everything alright?" The calm voice brought the lady back to reality and she immediately smiled. "Yes Mr Byun, I guess so."

 

"And Taesuk?"

 

"He's also okay." She looked away, trying to avoid any further questions regarding her son. "Can we order  a drink now?"

 

"Sure." Baekhyun answered, he noticed her reaction when he asked about Taesuk and so he understood that she doesn't want to talk about the kid.

 

While waiting for their order, Seoyeon got a phone call and the moment she picked the call, she immediately dropped the phone to the floor and hurriedly got up from the chair, and in a matter of seconds her whole body started shaking and her legs became wobbly.

 

Baekhyun knew that something was definitely wrong with the sudden reaction. He quickly stood up and walked over to her.

 

"Seoyeon have a grip on yourself and talk to me." The CEO said calmly and Seoyeon slowly nodded.

 

"My Taesuk is dead." The words slipped through her lips like a mantra while tears fell from her swollen eyes. It was difficult for her to mutter the words, but she did anyway.

 

Baekhyun staggered on hearing that very word he hates the most, the word he never wants to hear ever again.

 

"Please don't say that and just calm down, nothing of such a is going to happen, Taesuk is not dead, so please let's go to him now."

 

Seoyeon was as cold as ice, she felt her heart slowly beating as if she was going to pass out, but Baekhyun shook her very hard to get her attention and when she did look at him, she saw a very worried and tense man staring at her.

 

"Seoyeon I need you to take me to him right now." Baekhyun said in a loud and authoritative tone this time around, and she nodded, but gave Baekhyun her car keys and the address from her handbag.

 

Baekhyun took the keys and address quickly, He helped her into the car and drove off.

 

Seoyeon kept on crying and muttering the word "forgive me son, I was wrong." Baekhyun heard it all and he only shook his head and focused on the road till he got to the apartment on given address.

 

She quickly rushed out of the car and so did Baekhyun, but the sound of the maid crying gave Baekhyun a wave of sadness.

 

'God no please, this can't happen.' The man prayed in his heart and rushed inside along with Seoyeon.

 

"Rita what happened to my son? Tell me!" Seoyeon yelled at the maid who is also a Korean.

 

"Ma'am Taesuk have been sleeping all night, remember I told you that he was still sleeping this morning when you asked of him, but when you left I was busy making his favorite meal and when I was done I went back to his room only to find him still sleeping. I thought he was so tired so I let him be.

Few minutes ago I went into his room and he was still in the same position so I had to wake him up to have his breakfast, but to my greatest surprise he wasn't breathing anymore. I tried to wake him up, but it was no use. Taesuk is dea-"

 

"Don't!" Baekhyun cut the maid of her words in a high tone. "Don't ever repeat that word." Baekhyun wiped his face with his hand and breathed in sharply.

 

"Take me to Taesuk's room this instant."

 

"Yes Sir, please come." The maid said while crying and Seoyeon quickly followed Baekhyun behind.

 

On getting to the room, Baekhyun sighted the child laying still on the bed and immediately his heart dropped. He wanted to break down, but it felt as if something was pushing him to walk closer to the boy, and he did.

 

Seoyeon was already holding her son as she cried hard while asking for forgiveness.

 

"Please let me hold him, please." Baekhyun asked sadly and to his greatest surprise she did let him hold her son and stepped aside.

 

Baekhyun held Taesuk and tilted his head backwards. He placed his index and middle finger on the side of his neck in search of the kid's pulse, and he found it. The breathing was very slow and Baekhyun knew what was happening immediately.

 

"Call an ambulance immediately, Taesuk is having Sleep Apnea? (SA)." Baekhyun firmly gave out orders and Seoyeon did that as quick as she could.

 

Baekhyun firmly placed the tips of your index and middle finger again on Taesuk's wrist and gently searched around for the thumping sensation that indicates a pulse, and he found it.

 

Baekhyun knew that the child was still alive but in danger and the only thing he could do now was perform the chest compression, but first the kid needs air.

 

He tilted Taesuk's head backwards and sealed his mouth over the kid's mouth and he blew air into the kid's body over five times and he also did the same with his nose.

 

Baekhyun had to do this to make the lungs active by blowing air into Taesuk and topping up the oxygen levels in his blood as the oxygen was highly needed to keep the organs alive.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter