Chapter 8

In Your Arms.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 CHAPTER 8


 

The morning came accompanied with the cold morning air due to the previous rain during the night.

 

Seoyeon felt cold and she quickly pulled the blanket over her body to keep herself warm. The bed was so soft and welcoming that she wanted to sleep even more, but the sound of loud chatting woke her up fully.

 

Seoyeon blinked her eyes open, but the sight of a strange room pulled a great shock in her mind.

 

'Where am I?' She wondered in confusion. She rubbed her eyes and tried getting up from the bed, but that's when she noticed what she was wearing.

 

'Blue shirt? A blue long sleeve shirt?' She wondered in confusion and at that point the scene of the previous night came flooding into her memory like a hurricane.

 

"Gosh! This can't be." She quickly sat up and glanced over the wall clock in the room and it was already past 7 in the morning.

 

"Did I really do it last night?" She muttered the words, but quickly covered with her hand.

 

'How did this happen? Who did I have a one night stand with?' Seoyeon couldn't help it but tried to recall everything that happened during the previous night and when she did recall who the person was, she face palmed herself.

 

"Mr Byun? Why must it be Mr Byun of all people?!"

 

"Well, let's just say because I'm so hot." Baekhyun winked with his dazzling smile.

 

Seoyeon swiftly pulled the blanket over her exposed thighs and frown.

 

'Why the hell does he have such smile?' Seoyeon couldn't help it but fall for his smile.

 

She looked away from his direction and stood up from the bed.

 

"Don't get too worked up Mr Byun, a one night affair can happen to just anyone." She puffed.

 

"Who said I'm getting all worked up?" Baekhyun asked in a low deep voice as he moved closer to her and caressed her face. "To me it seems you're the one getting all worked up my dear."

 

"Hands off my face." Seoyeon hit his hand off her face and walked away from him as quick as she can, but Baekhyun trailed after her and held her by the hand.

 

"Seoyeon we need to talk."

 

"Oh yeah, about what? Is it about the we had last night or what?"

 

"About you and Taesuk." Baekhyun was serious this time around and she noticed it.

 

She stood still looking at Baekhyun in the eyes and her greatest reality came back to her mind.

 

"My Taesuk?" She muttered the words but Baekhyun heard it clearly.

 

He led her to the bed and sat her down gently.

 

"We were both drunk last night and we ended up having , and for that I'm sorry. But you said something else that I still can't take my mind off the issue."

 

"And what could that be?" She asked in a lower tone.

 

"Your son's life being in danger. You said that your parents are forcing you to get remarried to a man of their choice and if you refuse they will kill Taesuk." Baekhyun sighed and moved closer to her.

 

"Look I understand your situation and your fear, but you shouldn't think that committing suicide is the solution. Do you even stop to think about how your son will react when he hears about your death?" Baekhyun had to stop when he saw Seoyeon crying.

 

He slowly wiped the tears of her eyes and caressed her cheeks.

 

"You don't have to cry. In life we all need each other to survive one way or the other. You have to face your fears and fight for the ones you love and not running from your problems."

 

"I'm sorry Mr Byun, I'm so sorry." She sobbed harder. "I wasn't thinking straight, I was wrong for choosing to take my life instead of facing it. I'm so sorry Mr Byun." She sobbed bitterly at the thought of what she was about to do.

 

Baekhyun sighed and pulled her into his embrace and gently caress her hair. "It's okay Miss Seoyeon, I promise to protect you and Taesuk from now onwards."

 

"You don't have to make promises you can't keep, it's easier said than done." Seoyeon stood up and walked over the mirror.

 

"Someone once told me that, but in the end he left me alone in this wicked world. He was all I had. He was all I looked onto but he left."

 

"But I won't leave. I will protect you and Taesuk. I couldn't protect m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter