Chapter 10

In Your Arms.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun got home and gave Jaehyun a nice bath and put him to sleep since he already had his dinner at Seoyeon's house.

 

He made his way into his room and head straight to the bathroom for a nice shower. He was pretty tired but one thing kept on dangling in his mind.

 

'That look.' Baekhyun wondered as he let the water wash over his body. Yes his eyes were closed while taking his bath, but all he could see in that moment of darkness was Seoyeon's beautiful face and the next thing that followed was a beating heart.

 

His heart began to beat faster than normal and Baekhyun immediately blinked his eyes open.

 

"Seoyeon." He muttered her name while staring at a blank space. His head, mind and soul was only filled with thoughts about Seoyeon and the CEO finally let out a soft chuckle as he turned out the running water.

 

He made his way back to his bedroom and stood beside the mirror looking at his reflections.

 

"Seoyeon, Seoyeon. How on earth did this even happen? For many years I shut out my heart to the world and lived only for my Jaehyun." Baekhyun stopped talking to himself and ran his hands through his wet hair, but this time around he was smiling.

 

"How could you so effortlessly enslave my heart in the most beautiful way ever. I never imagined myself having this feeling in my life ever again, but you proved me totally wrong with just one look of those beautiful eyes." Baekhyun sighed and dried his wet hair. He changed into his pajamas and lay on his bed staring at the wall.

 

"I love you Miss Seoyeon." The CEO said the words calmly and immediately a loud thunder struck through the sky and it began to rain. "I love you Miss Seoyeon."


 

                🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉


 

The morning came and Baekhyun was quite in a hurry to drop Jaehyun off at school and he also has to head straight to Seoyeon's company since it's the day of the project presentation.

 

He drove Jaehyun to school and kissed him goodbye before heading straight to Seoyeon's company.

 

He has no intention of arriving late, but the desire to see Seoyeon was more than that of the project presentation.

 

Baekhyun found it so funny how Seoyeon could make him feel so alive and happy just like a teenager in love. He kept on smiling while driving that he didn't notice his phone ringing.

 

As he arrived at Seoyeon's company, he stepped out of his car and arranged his suit properly. It's never his thing to look shabby for any reason.

 

He was about going inside the company when he saw his secretary YooJin walking over to him smiling.

 

"Good morning Sir. I tried calling you but you didn't pick."

 

"You did? Sorry about that I guess I didn't see your call." Baekhyun looked around the company and he sighted Seoyeon's SUV car and immediately he smiled.

 

"YooJin you go in first, I will be there shortly."

 

"Yes Sir." YooJin smiled, but as soon as Baekhyun left she folded her fist in anger while looking at Baekhyun approaching Seoyeon who just came down from the SUV.

 

"Why can't my Baekhyun notice my love for him? For the past seven years I've done nothing but love him and yet he's still not noticing any of it. I have to tell DaeYoung about this" She frowned and walked away.

 

"Good morning Mr Byun." Seoyeon greeted as she stepped out of her car. She wore a black suit which brought out her beautiful figures.

 

"Morning Seoyeon. How is your health? Any discomfort or weakness?"

 

"Just a slight headache, but I will be fine. After all Rita came back this morning and I also have Minhee so I guess you don't have to worry about me."

 

Baekhyun said nothing but observe her closely and he noticed how pale face was. He moved closer to her and shook his head.

 

"No Seoyeon, you don't look well at all. How about we postpone the project presentation till when you're finally feeling well, what do you say?"

 

"No Mr Byun, that won't be necessary. I can handle everything and besides my blood test result will be out in a few hours."

 

"If you say so then. Shall we?" Baekhyun led the way and they both headed straight to the main room where the project presentation will be held.

 

The presentation was going well and Seoyeon was doing a good job, but she has been standing for the past two hours and Baekhyun noticed her discomfort. He kept his eyes on her from time to time trying to communicate with her through the eyes, but she was too busy and also uncomfortable to even notice.

 

Finally the presentation went well and it was a huge success. Seoyeon was still busy talking to some businessmen when her phone suddenly interrupted her discussion.

 

She excused herself and pick the call. She was smiling at first when she saw the caller ID, but later on her face suddenly became pale and expressionless.

 

She staggered on her feet and dropped her phone while staring at a blank space.

 

Baekhyun noticed her weakness and he quickly walked over to her and held her by the back, supporting her from falling.

 

"Seoyeon are you alright? What happened?" This time around Baekhyun was more concerned and all he cared about at that moment was her health and wellbeing.

 

She couldn't say a word but slowly pushed Baekhyun away from her body.

 

"Stay away from me Mr Byun, please."

 

She picked up her bag, phone and car keys and went to Ana her secretary. She instructed her on what to do and she left the company without saying anything to a shock Baekhyun who was just looking at her.


 

                🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉


 

Seoyeon drove straight to the hospital and when she arrived, she hesitated in making a move into the doctor's office. She stood at the entrance of the office contemplating on what to do.

 

She was scared and her heart was enraptured by fear. She could feel her heart beating faster just at the thought of the news she received over the phone and she hoped it was all a mistake in the blood test.

 

After so much thinking she made her way into the doctor's office and she sighed deeply hoping that everything would probably be a misunderstanding.

 

"Welcome Miss Seoyeon, please have a seat." The doctor's tone was very lively and welcoming, but Seoyeon was in a different state of mind at the moment.

 

"Is it true? I'm I actually pregnant?" Seoyeon's question sounded cold and the doctor immediately knew what was going on, after all they're best friend.

 

"Seoyeon please I need you to calm down first. I know you're so tense right now, but you need to calm down because it will affect your health and that of your unborn child."

 

Seoyeon blinked twice on hearing the doctor's words.

 

"So I'm actually pregnant. How on earth can that be? It wasn't supposed to happen, it wasn't supposed to be." Seoyeon muttered as tears streamed down her pale cheeks.

 

She could remember clearly that they used that night. Baekhyun even confirmed it that they did use a , so how can she be pregnant? Is that even possible?

 

She looked at the doctor in the eyes and shook her head. "It can't be doctor Victoria, I can't be pregnant, it's not possible because we used protection, we used that night, so how on earth can I be pregnant?"

 

"It's possible Seoyeon. If the had already expired or gets broken during it gives access to the sparm. So please calm down and talk things through with the father of your unborn baby."

 

Seoyeon nodded her head as everything was now making sense to her after what the doctor said. 

She now understood why she wanted to be in Baekhyun's arms so badly the previous night.

 

She also understood why she kept on having the morning sickness and dizziness for the past six weeks.

 

"So that means I'm six weeks pregnant, right?"

 

"Yes, I guess so." The doctor slowly rubbed her hands in encourage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter