Stay Away: Chapter 8

Stay Away (BtoB Minhyuk X MAMAMOO Moonbyul)

A sound of muffled cry could be hardly heard around the corner of the mansion. It could be easily be unheard since, the person who was grieving was trying her best to be quiet as possible.

She, Whee in, was heartbroken. She could hardly believe what she had heard in that moment. It was as if, the world slowed down, just to about the revelation.

Lee Jung-hwa, also preferred as Sandeul revealed that he had been courting his bestfriend for who knows when.

Of course, the news was Surprising. But, her mind was fogged. How exactly should she react? Happy that someone's courting her sister? Or sad? That her first love was the one who was courting her eonnie? In the middle? Neither? Either? She didn't know. For all she knows, a little bit of anger spark at the moment she heard about the courting thing. But, thank goodness, she was mature enough to drive away that anger. A single guy wouldn't let him be the reason why her family would fall apart.

But,of course,  that doesn't change the fact that an unknown feeling was still lingering about Sandeul courting her sister.

She could vaguely remember that conversation she had accidentally overheard while passing by Byul's room.

_______

Flashback

Byul finally convinced Wheein, in playing the game, which was according to Byul was: magical and addictive, the one and only Icarus M.

She, herself didn't know why did she even agree in to playing the game. She prefers something girlish that feets her personality, after all.

Is it because she thought that Byul would finally let her be when she actually try it for once? Yes, that must be it. Because, why in the world would she play something that destructive in the very first place, was what she thought. But, here she was, totally immersed in the game.

She was a beginner In the game, no scratch that, she's a beginner in this types of games:combat or whatnot. So, she did not feep any kind of shame when she accidentally thought that the bigger you are, the stronger you would be, So, as any beginner would do, she picked the biggest and prettiest among the characters. And of course, that common mistake would lead every beginner in an continuous losing strike.

"I should ask Eonnie...I don't know how to change my character" she silently said as she walked outside her room.

When she was near enough, she accidentally overheard Yongsun talking to Byul. Deciding that it was rather rude to eavesdropped, she silently retreated back until she overheard someone's name who was rather close to her...

"You didn't tell me that Jung-hwa liked you Byul, that's so lame of you to keep it as a secret" Yongsun teased while playfully leaning on Byul's back.

"I told you, I thought it wasn't that serious. You know him Eonnie, he likes everyone else.... When he starts seeing some pretty girl walking down the streets, he would automatically like her." She took a moment to breathe, then continued proving her point. "And besides, I already took down his offer. I told him that I just don't feel the same"

Whee in, who was outside, was frozen in shock. Jung-hwa likes Byul? Sure, it wasn't that shocking, since she thought that Jung-hwa was rather protective or fund of her older sister. But, she didn't expect that the feeling that Jung-hwa harbour towards Byul was something special. She thought that it was something near as a bestfriend or either as a sister. But as a lover? No...

When she was finally brought back to her senses, she wiped the tears that was continuously falling little by little. She didn't know when it started falling. But, she didn't care, for now, she just wants to be alone.

-----------------
Whee in internally cursed herself. Why did she let herself remember it? Now, because of it, she was grieving more. How she wish that she could easily erase that memory. She would prefer that she was ignorant of Jung-hwa's feelings. As they say, ignorant is a bliss.
---------
Hey guys, sorry for not updating lately, Math was killing me. And so on and so forth. And, I'm kinda having a writer's block.