Stay Away: Chapter 12

Stay Away (BtoB Minhyuk X MAMAMOO Moonbyul)

"So, you wrote this?" 

The man before him asked as he scanned the 4-lined paragraph.

"U-huh, I was thinking that it should be about the struggles in the orphanage."

Sandeul nodded, as his shoulders went down. Taking in every lyric written on the sheet of paper.

He scanned the lyrics:

Look at me, I can only shine if you're here

 

Hold me tighter so I won't seep out

 

Close your eyes

 

So I can entirely feel your scent

 

Sandeul nodded, as he used his right hand to spin his pencil. He took in every word.

 

Heol, Is Byul lying or what? Even if it's short, it already gives you that warm vibe. Is this really her first time writing a song? If it is, Yah!-this Is freaking talent!

 

He then averted his gaze towards Byul who was looking intently at the paper that he was holding. She looked too serious, furrowing her brows. As if, she was waiting for some kind of criticism or reply.

 

Pft..cute

 

"So?" She broke Sandeul's thoughts.

 

He gulped, "so, I think you could mention Yongsun-noona and the others here, but not directly."

 

Byul raised a brow. She can't seem to understand Sandeul's words. He must've forgotten... Byul freaking Yi, is new to this composing . How the hell was she supposed to understand it? She let out an annoyed sigh, "Care to explain?"

 

Sandeul got a blank sheet of paper, that was sitting lonely trapped between the cold tile and Sandeul's foot. As his hand moved, Byul followed every , every erasure Sandeul had. After a minute of scribbling, he finally puts down the pencil.

 

A grin formed in his serious face. "Yah, what's with that grin? Aish- It's disgusting-wipe it out!" Byul playfully gave him a disgusting look.

 

"Well, what can I say? I'm quite proud of myself" he smiled teasingly as he tapped his index finger to the paper. As if telling Byul to read it.... And she did.

 

Byul -> Byul (star)
Whee in -> Baram (wind)
Hwasa -> Kkot (flower)
Solar -> Taeyang (Sun)
Others -> Neoya

 

Byul nodded, finally understanding what his friend meant.

 

"So, we'll write using this?"

 

"Uhuh."

 

They spent their whole afternoon, writing lyrics, eating and had time catching up. They mostly talked about things about their past. About their friends that was left in their island.

 

And, of course Sandeul didn't miss the chance to tease Byul about his feelings for her. At first, Byul was shrugging it off, and was trying to put all of her attention in the composition. But, sooner, In which, Sandeul thought to be the impossible, Byul was affected by his actions.

 

Sandeul after all, thought that Byul being flustered a while ago is a sight that he would not see again. It was like an Aurora- he thought. It's a beautiful and a rare sight. It gives off a relaxing aura, spreading it's own colors.

 

He really did likes this girl, he's hella serious....

 

-

 

Flashback:

 

The yellowed flowered path was as beautiful as it can be. The breeze that carries the scent of the flowers went pass him like any other day. The view down the cliff showed the clashing blue waves, as they beautifully came contact with the white sand- shore. He let out a short, quiet laugh. He's gonna miss this, like hell.


"Yah! Sandeul-ah!"

He swiftly his heels, catching her gaze. She used her old red bicycle. The cold yet warm breeze played with her hair. She wore that warm smile that he cherished so much. He's gonna miss her like hell.

"Mianhae" she continued.

He watched her as she parked her bike. She run towards him, slightly catching her breath.

"Yah, what took you so long?" He forced himself to sound like his usual self. The bubbly Sandeul,-is how he describes it. Alas, what came out was a mere whisper.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked, confusion and worry mixed with each other. With a step, she started walking towards him.

Now that they stood in front of each other, a strange feeling swirled in his stomach. It was painful. He clenched his fist. Looking down at the ground.

Byul noticed her friend. Not even seconds went by and worry ate her up. "Yah, Lee Jun-Hwang, you all right?" She was about to grab Sandeul's attention, but a swirling wind stopped her. Her hair came flying everywhere.

, I should really cut it, it's beco-

"I like you"

Huh?

"What...did you say?" Byul sounded like a confused kid.

Sandeul gulped, was he really doing this? Was he really willing to let go of their friendship just to be with her?-yes, DAMN RIGHT. He clenched his fist so tight, that his hand turned white. He closed his eyes tightly.

"I really do like you, Byul-ah...it's suffocating..and I-I thought that the only way to stop this pain is to let ..you know...I'm sorry...I'm being too selfish"

Byul felt the urgent need to hide. The growing unknown feeling was hurting her up. She wants to hide it deep, to get rid of it.

She looked down, as she felt the stinging sensation that was beginning to act up behind her eyes. Tears were welling up. And, she can't do anything about it.

"Byul-ah" he went closer,cupping her cheek. A tear slowly rolled down her red cheek, with a gentle smile, he wiped her tear away with his thumb.

"I'm sorry Sandeul-ah" she wanted to run. Or listen to Yongsun's dad jokes. Or laugh. Or watch the movie that they had seen for more than 13 times. But she can't.

She opened her dry lips.

"But, I don't see yo-

"I know"

"What?"

"I know all along Byul, it hurts, but I know you don't see me the same. Not as a man. But as a friend. But, you know? I still want to tell you how I feel. Crazy isn't it, Byul?"

She did not answer. She tried looking away. But, he gently cupped her again, forcing her to look into his teary eyes.

"Is this going to be goodbye?" She whispered between hiccups.

"...what?"

"I heard your mother, Sandeul. She said you're all moving away. I decided to hide it. But you, saying this things must've mean that you're really leaving." She tried informing him between chokes.

"Please, Sandeul-ah, I don't want us to be apart..not-not like this." She continued.

"B-Byul,..we are leaving but, I'm going to keep contact with you. Don't worry. I'll be the Sandeul you know. Even after this.. I'm not going to leave you for good." he whispered.

"Understand?"

She nodded.

"..so were ok?"

"Of course. You're rejection is not going to end this relationship..pabo"

She smiled, wiping her tears with her palms.

"When are you going to leave?" She asked when she finally had the courage to say so.

"Tommorow"
"Already?"

He nodded. "That's why I told you what I felt today"

Byul nodded and directed Sandeul to sit down and look at the view.

They talked with heavy hearts. They talked non-stop, afraid that something may be forgotten. Since, the two of them knew that it's hard to get connected once your outside the island, since the signal goes crappy.

They joked and laughed all afternoon. They were so much concerned with their own worlds that they did not noticed the sun setting down. Enveloping the whole place into darkness. It was only the moon and stars that stood as their light.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"..so, should we get going?"

"All right."

The two of them started walking, but, Sandeul stopped, grabbing Byul's wrist.

".huh?"

"Byul, I'll keep courting you, it's weird but, I really like falling in love with you."

-

Sandeul smiled bitterly at the memory. They did, tried keeping intouch. But, it was not easy at it seems.

Byul began spinning her pencil with her fingers, but was stopped when a memory popped up.

"Yah, Sandeul-ah, how's school? Didn't you said that you want to be a radio DJ?"

Upon hearing those words, Sandeul almost choked on his water. "Uhuh" he wiped the spilled on his chin with the back of hand.

"So? How'd it go?"

"It's actually going smoothly. Somebody even scouted me! It's amazing, if things work out, I'll be the special for DJ in Starry Night for a week!"

"Starr--Heol! Isn't that the popular station?"

--