Stay Away: Chapter 13

Stay Away (BtoB Minhyuk X MAMAMOO Moonbyul)

Byul forced herself not to burst from excitement. Is this really true?-to be completely honest? NO. Memories kept flashing from the time when Sandeul was just sitting on his rooftop, munching like a hamster with his mother's homemade cookies, listening gently at the radio sitting on his lap under the starry night. It just seems to be so unreal.

Byul was torned a little by the fact that for just a gap of three years, Sandeul grew so much without her by her side. It was kinda..disappointing? A feeling of loneliness? She didn't know how to describe how she felt.

She wants to drive it away, as it was a distraction on her lyric-writing. But, it was pointless. Well, how could she not, Sandeul was the brother that she never had.

"Jeongmal, you sure? Yah, that's awesome!" She slightly punched his sides.

Upon hearing compliments, as if instincts, his shoulders went high, "well, what do you expect? This is Lee Jung-hwa were talking about."

"yeah, yeah" she waved her hand up and down, not batting a single eye. It's better to ignore Sandeul whenever he's getting a big head.

She turned her attention to the white paper. Already her attention was centered into composing.  Sandeul continued bragging in the background. He might as well talk to the wall.

Byul kept on concentrating. She started playing with her bangs. A gesture that she would naturally show whenever she's concentrating.

Why can't she think of something? Is composing really that hard? Byul even went to a pro, to have some help. Which, of course helped her alot. But, it's not enough. She feels as if, some big boulder weighed her down. A voice that's telling, whispering her that she's not good enough, that she's not entitled to finish the song.

She continued twisting a small bundle of her bangs.

"Argh!" She shouted at the top of her voice,  surprising the still bragging Sandeul.

"Wha-?" He looked at her face which was starting to looked annoyed. He sighed, "Look Byul"

Byul looked at him, rested her cheeks on her palm. Byul raised a brow, "what?"

"Something tells me that you're still not ready yet."

"What the hell do you mean?" An annoyed tone answered him.

"Byul, you..your not letting go of your past...that's why you still can't bring yourself from finishing it. Well,..Speaking from experience. When I read that first line, Jeongmal, I thought that it was made by some pro or something. It's well-connected. Its well-produced...Look, I know that you want to say something deep down. I don't know.. if its a message or something. It's up to you...but, Byul are you going to keep it forever  from everyone or are you going verbalise it?" Sandeul finished.

Byul only looked at her friend.

Thump

"What was that? Did my beat freaking skip?-hell no!"  Byul thought to herslef

She looked back at her friend. She saw how serious he was. How his eyes were tinted with affection. Like it was telling her that he meant every word that escaped his mouth.

Thump

She closed her eyes, and sighed deeply.

Thump

Sandeul is right, I'll forget the pain. It's hard to escape it. I mean I've been trapping myself from my past for half of my life. But,

She opened her eyes, looking directly at Sandeul.  He slightly flinched as he was taken aback from the sudden attention that he got. Specially with the look of his friend. He smiled. He knew what was this look. She was determined. He smiled at her gently.

Thump..

Thump...

She realized that Sandeul and her family were probably worried.

Thump

Without knowing, she clenched   the hem of her shirt. What was happening to her?..regardless of the unknown feeling, she was able to let out a real smile. She sighed.

"Thank you Sandeul. You're right, I have to let go and forget the pain."

.
.
.
.
.
                                   ----

The ringing of the doorbell caught Yongsun's attention. She was lazily slumped on the long sofa, one leg was hanging mindlessly.

With much force, she dragged her body that was heavier than usual. She was pretty tired from binge watching Hotel de Luna. She wasn't that interested in K-dramas, she was more on K-PoP. But, her friends even her sisters, kept telling her to watch it because she looked so much like IU. They even joked that maybe their sisters from their past lives. Funny Right?

"Aish, I'm comming, Hold your horses" with her half open eyes, she opened the door.

"Oh, it's just you two" she stop midway to let out a yawn

"Yah, close you mouth, its polluting the air" Byul jokingly pinched her nose. A snicker formed. She gazed at Sandeul with a look that was telling him that it was his turn to tease the older one. He nodded and pinched his nose like what Byul did.

"Yes, Noona, Seoul's air is already really bad as it is." He teased.

And, sure enough, the two's tactics worked like a charm. Yongsun's irritated. And they're hella happy about it.

"You two brats are at it again, don't you know that I'm older than you!" A tick mark  popped up on her forehead. "Aish, you're not kids anymore!" She continued.

"Yeah..yeah, we know. So, are you not going to let us in?" Byul tilted her head to the left. Not taking in Yongsun's lecture just seconds before.

"Yeah, noona. Look, we bought your favorite" Sandeul smiled as he raised the white cellophane.

Upon smelling the food's aroma. Yongsun's mood went through the roof. She made way for the two to step in the house.

A bright smile that resembles a little girl was painted on Yongsun's face. Byul let out a half disgusted look. "And here she was complaining about being older than me" she whispered to herself.

Yongsun snatched the food away from Sandeul's hands and ran to the kitchen. Leaving the two alone.

"Daebak, Byul" he half whispered as he looked around the house. Byul only looked at him.

"Stay here, I'm going to get change" Byul informed the latter who was minding his business.

She was about to turn to the corner but was stopped when she almost bumped into someone.

Whee in.

"Oh, unnie, you're back." She smiled.

"Uhuh, you don't know how tiring it was." She faked a cry.

"Yah, Byul.. hurry up, I want you to show me around"

Sandeul started walking towards the corner but stopped on his tracks. His face turned up, beaming at the sight of his friend.

"Yah, Wheein! Long time no see!"

Whee in gulped, a small tint of blush started to form. She pushed back her hair behind her ear, and smiled.

"Y-yeah Oppa, it's been so long"

Whee In looked down, and played with her fingers. No body talked for a moment, until Byul opened .

"I think I'm gonna wash up" Byul said, then looked at Sandeul "I think I'm gonna take my time in the bathroom." She then looked at her sister.

She was still looking down,  she noticed her red ears. Worry soon ate her up, "Whee"
"Yes?"
"Are you alright? You don't look so good."
Whee in bit her lower lip, "I'm fine unnie"
"Are you sure?"
Whee nodded .
"Then, can you help Sandeul look around? Y'know his like a little kid sometimes." Byul let out a teasing gaze, pointing at Sandeul with her thumb.
"Aish, I can hear you y'know" He pinched her cheeks for revenge.

.
.
.
"Dang, it really hurts" Whee In whispered to herself.