Stay Away: Chapter 6

Stay Away (BtoB Minhyuk X MAMAMOO Moonbyul)

Byul and her sister, Yongsun found their way to their family's cafè, Maude. Huddled among the huge buildings of Seoul. 

Upon stepping inside, they were welcomed by the sudden cold surrounding from the high-class AC that their Mom specially ordered. Unlike the outside, the interior of the cafè was warm and cheery, with bright lights and colorful walls. 

Byul noticed the number of people, who seems to be business woman and man were pretty much occupying the cafè. She smiled internally. Her Mom found a good location for their cafè.

"Unnie, go find a vacant seat for us. I'll go order." said Byul as scanned counter after counter. Trying to look for the shortest line.

Yongsun nodded, "Alright,....Just order Ice coffee for me. Medium" Byul only responded by giving her sister a thumbs up without batting an eye.

Byul proceeded and lined up at last corner. She looked at her line and counted the number of people in front of her.

"4" Byul nodded. While waiting, she hummed along the music that resonates around the whole cafè. Her hums contained happiness as she mildly tapped her right foot along with the rhtymn. 

3 songs finished before Byul could finally take her order. She faced the man behind the counter, Yet, she can't help but feel the odd sensation of familiarity. She couldn't really see his face as he was still looking at the machine. And the hat that he wears didn't help at all.

Where or When did he saw him?

Thankfully, it finally hit her,.... how could she forget?, Byul internally laugh, of all people, that could possibly forget, this man is one of them?

"Lee Jung-hwan!" She half shouted, out of excitment. What or how would he react? It's been 3 years since they separated paths.

"How, di- Byul!" The man shouted, finally, looking at her. A smile widely spread across his face.

"Chingu!" Both of them happily chimed, as they held both hands and jumping like little kids who were given treats.
------------

Minhyuk was sitting bleary-eyed and unkept at the table, bed hairs standing up everywhere, and was munching his way slowly through a mouthful of cereal. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, he stopped munching. His lips slightly opened. Milk dribbled out of his mouth. His eyes glazed over blankly and his head nodded forward and backward.
The next thing he knew- Bang!- his head landed right in his half-eaten soaked cereal.

Thankfully, he bolted awake as the sudden cold milk came contact to his dry skin. Ilhoon, who was scratching his belly and yawning, was passing by and witness what Minhyuk got to exprience the first thing in the morning.

", Hyung, do you really like cereal that much?" Ilhoon asked as he hug his stomach from laughing histerically.

Minhyuk cursed silently as he ran to the fauset to wash his face. The feeling of stickyness of the milk was irritating for the young rapper. Hence, he rubbed his face hard with water.

"It's still early, and you kids are noisy already." Their manager-hyung appeared out of no where said as he slowly walk to the two.

Minhyuk who was by now, done, walked and sat near Ilhoon. The older rapper saw Ilhoon's half laughing expression and playfully punched his shoulder, "Aish-Yah! would you just quit it!? 

"Minhyuk" their manager called out, Minhyuk and Ilhoon noticed the sternessn of his voice, so they sat properly, fully attentive. Their manager was not the type to be bossing around nor the strict type. So, whenever they hear the rare stearness of voice, it all means the they were in trouble. That their manager were prabably yelled by their CEO-Nim.

"Yes, Hyung?" Minhyuk answered, silently afraid.

"We can't release your track in this comeback."

"Wha-why?" Minhyuk asked as he slightly jumped up at his seat. He looked directly at his Manager's eyes to look for answers. Why all of a sudden? The manager sighed,

"Seat down first. Ilhoon, go and wake up the others. Something changed." The manager commanded, changing his gaze to Ilhoon.

The latter only nodded and dashed off. A quick 5 minutes was the only needed time as they came rushing in when they heard Ilhoom said that their manager is upset.

They sat trying their best to be fully awake. Minhyuk sat silently in the middle of s. Fumming with question.

"So, what the hell happened, hyung? Why can't I release my song?" Minhyuk asked, trying his best not to shout.

"What? Hyung what is this? What the hell is going on?" Eunkwang asked, sligthly upset by the rather surprising news. Eunkwang, knew for himself how hard Minhyuk was trying to finish the song.

"This is the reason why I called you. The CEO said that the comeback was moved in an earlier date."

The boys widened their eyes. Groans and moans were heard from their parted lips. "Why did it move all of a sudden?" Hyunsik asked, while scratching his eyebrow, trying not to show how irritated he was.

"Exo suddenly announced their comeback. And it overlapsed with ours. We all know that we can't take them." Their manager silently answered. Slightly ashamed as he noticed the youngsters expression, "Minhyuk, look, I know how hard you've been working for this song. But it's still unfinished. We...don't have enough time, and the team isn't that familiar with the dance steps for the main track. I apologize, I tried reasoning out, but the CEO won't just agree." He bowed slightly towards Minhyuk.

"Wha- Hyung, you don't have to go as far as bowing. I....I understand." Minhyuk informed as he stop their manager from bowing. He tried his best not to sound dissapointed, but alas, he was too dissapointed to not show it.

Guess I'll be having more sleepless night then......

------------

Lee Jung-hwa, nicknamed Sandeul by Byul joined the two after asking the manager for a short break.

Sandeul sat beside Yongsun, accross Byul. 

The older girl just sipped her drink as she gave way for the two 92 liners to have some catching up.

"Heol, you own this cafè?" Sanduel asked as he swiftly stole Byul's drink.

"Yah, that's mine!"

"So, your family finally won." Sandeul asked to change the topic. Byul just sighed out of annoyance.

"Yup, it took a while but they did"

"That's amazing Byul, it's been 25 years since Auntie faught."

Byul only nodded proudly as Sanduel complemented her mother. They stayed quiet for seconds. Suddenly a different atmosphere engulf the whole table.

"So, Byul, remember what I said before I left you?" Sandeul asked while smilling directly at Byul.

For some reason, Byul looked down, a slight blush crept through her cheeks. Yongsun, who was just listening to their conversation, raised a brow.

"I'm dead serious 'bout that" Sandeul said, sipping happily the coffee that was originally Byul's. He smiled as he scanned Byul's flustered reaction.

"Wait, Jung-hwa, what's going on" Yongsun, who was now dead curious, as to what happened three years prior.

"Yongsun-noona, It seems Byul didn't tell you yet. So... I'm kinda.
. courting... Byul. It's alright with you right?" Sandeul nervously smiled.

"What?! Byul, you didn't tell me this!" Yongsun yelled as she almost choked on her drink.

"Yah- Eonni, not too loud!" Byul half shouted as she kick her sister's shin.

"So, Noona, it's ok right?"

"Yah, who told you that you could do that, I didn't even agree yet! I'm not going to. Like I said, friends are friends!" Byul angrily hissed. But Sandeul ignored Byul as he kept his attention to the older girl.

"Noona? So, how about it?"

"Ah-eh? S-Sure?"

. Should I even agree to this? Wheein freanking likes Jung-hwa!