The Dreams

The Chains of Lilith

 

Jeonghan Astral Locus Yoon Manor

 

"Seungkwan" Jeonghan bolted up on his bed the moment he realized that he was indeed lying on the soft sheets that he was so used to and was draped with a blanket. He was feeling on edge from the dream he just woken up to, the images were just too vivid for his liking.

 


"Jeonghan my child, take it easy will you?" the face of his smiling mother greeted the noble astral and that alone made him a whole lot calmer than before. 

 


"Your brother is just at his room or was at his room, I believe. That boy has woken up last evening and he was advised to rest for a day or two, but you know your brother." His mother giggled as she brushed some of the strands off of Jeonghan's face.

 


"Mother, how is father by the way? Is he alright? He wasn't injured badly, am I right?" Jeonghan felt nervous again as he remembered that they left their fathers at the meadows to look for the source. 

 


"Your father is a stubborn old man my son, it'll take a few hundred of those demon beast to put him down." His mother replied.

 


"How long was I asleep mother?" Jeonghan asked as he leaned his back on the headboard of his bed.

 


"Three days my dear boy. You had me and your father worried to be honest. I was already thinking that if you didn't wake up but sunset I'll ask someone from the Hong's to come and tend to you." Jeonghan felt sorry as he study the tired face of his mother. 

 


"And don't tell your brother I told you this, but as soon as he woke up he wobbled his was to your room and cried." Jeonghan smiled at what he heard. Seungkwan might be a loud mouth but the boy is very sweet and loving. Jeonghan loves him with every fiber of his being.

 


"That is how I actually found out his awake. I almost dropped the basin when I went inside his room and it was empty, then I heard someone sniffling. Your father had good laugh when I told him about it." Jeonghan slowly reached for his mothers hans and squeezed it. Feeling the hands of his mother assured him that he was indeed home.

 


His mother continued to tend to him for a few moments before one of the maids knocked on his door.

 


"My lady forgive me for disturbing you and the young master but as you have told me to tell you, the carriage is all ready." The maid has her head bowed all the time she spoke, as a show of respect to the noble astrals.

 


"Very well then, you may now go. Tell them I'll be down in few a moments." The noble astral commanded with a smiling face.

 


"Would you like me to send someone one to accompany you my dear? I'll be out for sometime. The ladies and I will have a talk about the wives and mothers of the injured soldiers between some gernet tea and bellis bread." His mothers face whipped back at him. Her blond hair weaving through the wind.

 


"I'll be fine by my own mother. Don't worry." Jeonghan giggled  as he squeezed his mothers hand tighter. The noble lady then slowly stood up from the her chair and just as she was about make her way to the door, she tried to ask Jeonghan again with a worried face once more.

 


"Are you certain about that?" His mother looks like she was pouting.

 


"Yes mother I truly am" he replied with with a grin.

 


"Hummff, alright then. I'll just have someone stay at the other side of your door so you can call anybody when you need something." Accepting her defeat, his mother finally made her way out of his room and down to their front door where her carriage to the Lee's is waiting.

 


Alone in his room, the blond sluggishly made his way the open terrace. The clear blue sky and the colorful leaves of the chros trees surrounding the realm were the first things that greeted him. Everything is bright and colorful as it normally is, to someone from the middle ground or nether hollows waking up to this kind of environment might gave them a mild headache.

 

For Jeonghan however, this is what he exactly needs. Basking under the rays of sunlight and the soft touch of the wind, the noble closed his eyes and tried to enjoy the stillness of nature that he was offered.

 

A few moments later he heard his door slowly open and then he was being enveloped in a hug by the warm arms of his younger brother.

 


"Took you long enough to wake up, loser." Seungkwan's voice was muffled as he buried his face on his brothers back.

 


"Yeah sorry." Jeonghan apologized, the older wanted to be sarcastic with his reply but then he remembered how his brother cried for him which reminds him of,

 


"Oh and I also heard that you came trudging here to my room crying the moment you woke. I must say brother that I am very touched." Jeonghan grinned widly as he felt his brother push himself away from him.

 


"And where have you heard such fallacy? I did no such thing." Jeonghan laughed at Seungkwan as the other outright denied everything with his red face. Then Seungkwan went silent, almost like he was contemplating about something.

 

Jeonghan watched conflicted whether he should ask the younger or remain silent as his little brother held the maror railings of his balcony.

 


"I was just worried. I had dream, a really long dream." Seungkwan suddenly said, breaking the comforting moment that the brothers were basking into. 

 


"I saw you die, the others too. You all fell down one by one and I couldn't do anything. It was terrifying." Jeonghan, stiffened by the youngers revelation whipped his gaze to Seungkwan in just mere seconds. He then slowly placed his hand on his shoulder and turned the younger man so that he was facing him.

 


"And then in a flash, I saw you dying on my arms. It felt so real and painful I thought I was going to die as well. Then in my dream Hansol came to me and I suddenly woke up." Jeonghan looked at his brothers deep blue eyes.

 

He tried to see if there was any hint of jesting in it for Seungkwan is a big fan of practical jokes just like him. 

 


There was none.

 


All he saw was a mixture of sadness, regret and fear.

 


"Hyung?" Seungkwan, flustered from his brothers sudden action was now lightly clutching the back of his shirt as he squeezed the younger in a tight hug.

 


"I-i had the same dream, b-but I saw myself dying in your arms instead." Jeonghan heard how Seungkwan gasp and he stiffened in his arms. The younger then pulled himself out of his older brothers hug, face marred with confusion, fear and worry.

 


"Hyung how can that happen? Is sharing dreams even possible?" Jeonghan can only look away from his brothers face for he was also confused. He doesn't even know if it was just a dream or not, everything felt too real for him in that dream that it felt like it really did happen at some point in his life.

 


"I don't know Seungkwan. I wish I do, but don't worry. We'll try and look for answers in the future." The younger only stayed silent at his brothers attempt of calming him down but deep inside all he felt was anxiouness.

 


Knowing how his brothers brain work, Jeonghan was about to squeeze him again with another hug when a familiar black bird landed on one of the statues in his terrace.

 


Although still tensed from his earlier talk with his brother, the noble astral couldn't stop himself from letting out a small smile as he was reminded of what the bird was there for.

 


"Seeing that you have sent your bird here, probably means you are fine." Jeonghan then turned back to his room and started to make his way to the door.

 


"Hyung? What are you talking about?" Seungkwan, now more confused asked.

 


"It's nothing Seungkwan, just nethers and their warging abilities. Now would you come with me and walk around the garden? I have a lot of catching up to do if all I did was sleep in the past three days."

 

 

Wonwoo - Astral Locus - Haljart 

 

 

Waking up at Astral Locus was something Wonwoo will never get used to. Everthing was either shining, white or doused in pastel colors. The rocks were shining, the trees all had the same pastel brown color for their trunks and branches while the leaves are just a big chunk of unrestrained kaleidoscope.

 

In other words waking up at the astral realm as a nether dweller means headache caused by the sheer brightness of the environment. As the nether started to groan on his bed the door to his room softly opened.

 


"Oh I see you're awake now, how are you feeling?" A  familiar man of soft features, blond hair with pinkish streaks at the tips appeared at his door. He had a trolly filled with different small bottles, basin, pitcher of water and few towels on hand.

 


"I-I" Wonwoo first of all wanted the curtains of his windows to be pulled down but as the flashbacks of what his seems to be too real dream come back to him, the nether with his shaking body made a dash like a mad man out of his room to look for Mingyu.

 


He needed to make sure that the other man was safe. He had to see him with his own eyes because the image of the man crawling his way to him covered with blood is deeply engraved in his head.

 


"Where is Mingyu! Please tell me where is Mingyu. I need to make sure he is safe." Wonwoo begged the first person he saw walking in the corridors.

 


"Lord Jeon! Lord Jeon! Wonwoo please calm yourself down! Lord Kim is fine. I can lead you to his room but only if you rest for a bit. Your body still very weak." Wonwoo flashed a skeptical look at the man, not really believing his words.

 


"Please, in the name of the noble Hong's. I, Hong Jisoo promise that I will personally lead you to Lord Kim after you have taken your medicine and rested a bit. Please believe me." Wonwoo was still skeptical with the man but he was too weak to fight back. His legs started to give out and he almost fell to the floor if not for Jisoo who was right beside him in flash to help him out.

 

They made their way to his room with slow steps and Wonwoo plopped on his bed the moment he made contact with it.

 


"He was awake a few hours ago, just to let you know." Jisoo said as he started to brew some concoction from the small bottles he had on the trolly.

 


"The healers attending to him had to hold him down a bit because the first thing he did was bolt out of his bed, with his nether senses and all looking like he could kill another hundred of those demon beasts." The astral chuckled as he stirred the mixture.

 


"Took a bit intervention from Lady Kim, good lords Lady Kim was there or it might have been a mess." Looking at the concoction and deeming it to be perfect, he beckoned the nether to drink it.

 


"And then what happened to him? What made him do that? Mingyu isn't someone to loose his compsure that easily" Wonwoo asked before sipping the liquid timidly. He grimaced at the flavor, it was bitter and sour at the same time.

 


"Finish that, and I wish knew. I wasn't there when he woke up and from what the other healers said, as soon as Lady Kim started to calm him down, Lord Kim fainted. But don't worry he just fainted out tiredness. He just needs a little more of rest and he'll be fine." Jisoo replied as beckoned Wonwoo again to drink the mixture. The nether this time obeyed and tried his best to not puke it. The astral then sat beside him and rested his the palm of right hand on top of his forehead. A calming feeling then enveloped Wonwoo as Jisoo started to heal him more.

 


"Thank you Lord Hong, and I deeply apologize for my behavior earlier. I wasn't really myself and the dream I had before waking up bothered me a lot." Wonwoo isn't one to open up easily but the gentleness and sincerity that the astral radiates made it easier for him to do so.

 


This statement perked up the interest of the astral though as he stiffened besid the nether.

 


"Wha-what did you saw?" The astral stammered a little.

 


"Blood, pain, death. I saw some familiar faces. Lord Lee, both the Lords of Kwon, young Lord Yoon, you, Hansol, Seungcheol hyung, Mingyu." He couldn't help but choke a sob as he mentioned the last three names.

 

They grew up together and treated each other as brothers, helplessly watching them take their last breaths was too much for him even if it was a dream.

 

Bowing his head down to hide his tears, Wonwoo felf comforting arms wrap him in a tight hug.

 


"Most of the time I am actually very good in comforting people but as of the moment I have no words. To be honest I also had a dream before waking up too. I had brown hair and wings and I was freely flying the wind with all of you, then things change and the next thing I saw was the man that I deeply cherish desperately trying to reach my hand as he takes his last breath. He didn't make it though." The astral was now softly drawing circles on his back as a form of comfort and Wonwoo can only imagine the pain of dreaming something like that. Then it him as thoughts started form inside his head. 

 


"What if, what if those are not dreams? What if they are more? I personally did not saw what my wings looked like but you all had brown feathery wings, even Seungcheol hyung, Hansol and Mingyu." The astral looked at him incredulously as he voiced out his thoughts.

 


"Look here Lord Hong, if you and I both had the same kind of dream don't you think it means something?" Nothing came out of Jisoo as his mouth fell agape. Wonwoo can feel the gears of his head in overdrive  as he weighed the possibility of it.

 


"We'll have to look into it before drawing any conclusion Lord Jeon. I'll ask Jeonghan if he is awake and also Jihoon if they have also had the same kind of dream, then we can ask the elders for help." Jisoo finally said as he beckons Wonwoo to lie on his bed. 

 


"But now you first need to rest. I will comeback in an hour to wake you up so you can drink an energizing potion then I'll take you to Lord Kim and we will talk more about this." Wonwoo nodded and started to settle on the soft white sheets. The astral helped him tuck himself to bed and drew down his curtains. Once Wonwoo had his eyes closed, only then the astral left to look for his friends.

 

 

Facts about the Fic:

 

 

  • Garnet Tea - a tea brewed from the roots and petals of a garnet rose. It is a rare delicacy from the astral realm and mostly nobles and high ranking astrals are the ones that enjoy this drink. It is hailed in the three realms as one of best drinks for it's medicinal benefits and delectable taste.

 

 

  • Chros Tree - this were the first kind of trees that Wonwoo saw the moment he woke up from the astral realm. This trees are common and can easily be spotted because of it's colorful leaves.

 

 

  • Haljart - a medicinal garden that was used to be a part of the Hong manor before they decided to share the plants to other healers in order for them to heal people better and faster. Haljart is still headed by the Hong nobles since the day it was opened to the public while the people working with them are the best healers from the astral realm. It has become the refuge for the ill people from allover the three realms. As the years go by Haljart has become more like a hospital since it faced a series of renovations to improve it's services and accommodate more patients.

 

I kind of added some more tags..please don't get mad at me..