Bonus Chapter

The Chains of Lilith

Note: So this is a tiny bonus chapter for all my fellow Jeongcheol trashes out their . The timeline is between a few months after the 13 heroes started traveling through the shadow lands.

 

 

Seungcheol - Small town beyond the Shadow Lands - Shadow Lands

 

"Soonyoung, what is that?" Seungcheol curiously eyed the questionable sparkly things on the middle grounders rucksack. They were on the road for quite some time now and finally found a small town beyond the shadow lands that is somehow safe and peaceful. The heroes decided to stay in an inn for a night before going on their way again.

 

While the youngers, namely Junhui, Mingyu, and Seokmin busy themselves stocking up their rucksack that was specifically for their food when they're traveling, Seungcheol and the others thought it would be nice to walk around the small town and relax for a bit. Well except for Jihoon, the man's way of relaxing is by locking himself in his room.

 

"Oh this? This is for my darling Jihoonie. His feet get cold easily even under his boots to the point he is not able to sleep anymore. Poor thing, I've seen him a lot of times wake up in the middle of the night and not being able to go back to sleep because of it." Soonyoung paused for a little and that gave Seungcheol more time to ponder not on the questionable color-shifting socks but on the way the middle grounder addressed the younger astral.

 

Nineteen years into his existence and never did he associate the younger astral with the word "Darling". Not even the times when he saw him still on his baby trousers.

 

"That's why he gets cranky in the morning sometimes." Soonyoung whispered, looking around cautious as if Jihoon might suddenly appear and smack him on the face. Seungcheol on the other hand would like to differ that Jihoon, at all times every day is cranky.

 

"How about you hyung? Aren't you going to get Jeonghan hyung something?" Soonyoung was looking at him weird.

 

"Huh?" the nether dumbly asked.

 

"Well, today is the highlight of the Clæn month and I thought- ." Soonyoung paused for a little, sounding unsure if he should continue what he was about to say or not.

 

"You would get something for Jeonghan hyung since you and him are together." Seungcheol was dumbfounded, is that what everybody thought? He was not worthy of Jeonghan, the astral deserved better. Jeonghan deserved someone brave, strong, handsome and fun not someone as dull and uptight as him.

 

"Oh uh, you've got the wrong idea. Me and Jeonghan are no-." The nether tried to correct the younger, but he was stopped with a rather hard pat on his back.

 

"Oh, come on hyung, you don't have to be shy. I'll help you look around. Think about the things that Jeonghan hyung likes, or things that he does, or maybe the things that bother him." Soonyoung beamed at him happily. He was too enthusiastic for Seungcheol's liking.

 

"Really Soon, there is nothing between us." The nether tried to counter, but it fell on deaf ears as Soonyoung marched his way merrily to the old lady selling those hideous color-shifting socks.

 

If he was going to buy Jeonghan a gift, it was definitely not those color-shifting socks.

 

 

Seungcheol was exhausted, shopping with Soonyoung was like taking a small child to a busy market place for the first time. The man had an endless pit of energy. Where he gets it, Seungcheol can only wonder.

 

The others are nowhere to be found, they were still probably out or just taking a rest in their rooms. It was dinnertime already so it was probably the latter. Seungcheol decides he will check on them one by one after settling for a bit. Both men got a quick meal at the inns small dining hall before the middle grounder dashed out to give his present to Jihoon, leaving Seungcheol alone. The nether would've sat a little longer if not for the fact that he felt awkward sitting all alone surrounded with couples. He might've thought seeing Jisoo and Seokmin cuddling near the fireplace but everybody knew those two are together anyway.

 

He finally decided to make his way to the room he shares with his younger brother, holding a small box wrapped with lilac paper and adorned with a golden ribbon. The gift reminded him of Jeonghan in every way. From the wrapping to the contents, it screamed nothing but Jeonghan.

 

The problem though, he had no idea how to give it to him without looking weird. He doesn't really talk much with Jeonghan, only on times where they need to make a plan on how to gather the shards of Lilith's soul. So, he really has no idea why the others think there is something going on between them. Seungcheol must admit though, he has been harboring feelings for the other man for a long time and has been secretly leaving gifts through his bird on his terrace since then. He remembers gifting Jeonghan that notebook that the astral uses to write every night. It's been a year or two and the pages are almost out, Seungcheol fears that he might ran out of paper and will never see the smiling face of the astral as he writes on it. Thus, explains his gift, however, he still has no idea how to give it to him. What if Jeonghan asked him the reason for his gift, he could never lie to Jeonghan, so the astral would know that he stares at him all the time.

 

Seungcheol was disturbed from his deep thoughts when he heard Chan whining at his younger brother.

 

"This betrayal is just unfathomable." Seungcheol watched as the youngest huffed. Chan has both of his arms crossed on his chest looking very displeased. The three youngest were standing in the open terrace at the end of the hallway.

 

"But Channie it has the same flavor, the only difference is the shape." His brother tried to reason out.

 

"And that's why I feel betrayed. Everybody is giving and getting heart shaped things. I even bought you guys one too, but all I get is a square bread and a rectangle block of chocolate, while you gave Seungkwan hyung a heart shaped candy and he gave you that glittering heart shaped bread in return!" Seungcheol giggled at the sight, feeling a little light from the middle grounders innocence. The kid might have grown a little taller and stronger in a few full moons of traveling with him, but he still got the innocence of the young boy that he is.

 

Seungcheol did not dare to linger longer on watching the three. As amusing as it was, it will be a pain if Seungkwan turns to him and ask him to explain the essence of clæn day or month. Making his way again to his room, he passed through the shared room of Jihoon and Seokmin where he heard the unmistakable screeching of Jihoon inside.

 

"Soonyoung stop chocking me with these flowers, and what are those?" Seungcheol is guessing that the astral might've finally seen the monstrosity of socks Soonyoung bought for him.

 

Now grinning on his way to his room, the nether stilled as the man of his dreams stepped out of his respective room.

 

"Oh, you're here. I was about to check everybody on their rooms to see if we're complete." Jeonghan said, smiling at him.

 

"How's shopping with Soonyoung?" Seungcheol wanted to answer, but his stupid brain can only think of Jeonghan and his hair tied into a braid. God, Jeonghan with his beautiful hair braided is so beautiful Seungcheol wanted to pause the moment forever so he can look at it for all eternity.

 

"Someone gave you a gift? Good for you then?" He saw Jeonghan eyeing the purple box, his smile slowly disappearing on his face.

 

"I uh- " stupid brain and mouth. Why can't they form a coherent reply?

 

"I'll get going. I'll check all of them for you tonight. You must be excited to open up your present so I won't hold you any longer." Now the gentle smile was completely gone from the astrals face as Jeonghan started to walk away from the nether.

 

Seungcheol felt about himself, maybe his lack of reply caused the souring of the astrals mood. So, with all the courage he has inside him, he gently grabbed the astrals wrist and dragged him inside his room. The astral gasp from the nether's sudden actions but didn't questioned the man.

 

Breathing in, he handed the purple box to the astral with closed eyes. It was his first time giving the man a gift personally. "It's for you." Seungcheol said, his eyes still closed.

 

There was a moment of silence and Seungcheol was starting to fear that Jeonghan was now weirded by him. The nether started to nervously open his eyes and watch the horrified look on Jeonghan's face but instead, he was greeted with thankful eyes and a smile so bright he might've gone blind.

 

"Oh Cheollie, thank you. I thought you didn't have anything for me." Jeonghan was beaming and Seungcheol felt proud that he was the cause of it.

 

"This is for you." The astral handed him a box neatly wrapped with red paper. The nether took the box from the astral slowly, looking at Jeonghan straight in the eyes. It felt like time has stopped for the both of them and it might really have if not for Soonyoung screaming from Jihoon's room to stop chocking him.

 

"I should really get going. I need to check the rest. Thank you very much again Cheol. I'll make good use of whatever this is." And with a kiss on his right cheek, Jeonghan dashed out of his room leaving Seungcheol frozen.

 

 

End Notes: So I woke up with 50 subs on this fic and I screamed. When I wrote this fic, I didn't put any restrictions because I didn't want to force readers to subscribe or make an account if they don't feel like it. I told myself that wether it gets subs or not I'll continue writing this story since it's my way of stress relief, I also made a promise to myself that if this fic ever reaches 50 subs imma write a bonus chapter for y'all. So now I would just like thank y'all for your support.. I love guys and have a good day <3. 

 

Also special mentions to hughhue and Lemonzest95, you two are too sweet for me.