The Unison

The Chains of Lilith

Notes: For those who are waiting for this, I am really sorry that it took me more than a month to update this. I'm not gonna lie, I had a writers block, like I had a pretty solid idea of what I want to happen but it felt like none of the words were right(at least in chapter 4) so to make up for not updating I decided to do a double update. I hope this is at least ok.

 


Minghao - Middle Ground -  Crystal Meadow

 

Minghao was running out of strength, they have been fighting these gruesome creatures for quite sometime now but for some reason there seems to be no end of them. With a practiced jump and twist, the said man curled the chain of his nunchucks at a half-serpent half-lion beast chocking it till its death. 


Just after finishing the beast, another one popped up on his peripheral and with another expert spin Minghao stabbed the beast right on forehead and injected a special poison through the secret blades hidden in the handles of his weapon. With immediate pain cruising through the veins of the demon beast, it started thrashing allover the place.

Minghao's weapon was still deeply buried on the demons head. So when the beast thrashed, this time way more violently, the said man was thrown over.

Expecting to fall harshly on the dry ground, the said man readied himself for the fall.

Except he fell to the arms of a familiar man.


The arms of Wen Junhui. 


"Careful Hao" blinking, Minghao saw Junhui's face. The annoying smirk that the younger thought to be permanent on the olders face was now gone and was replaced with a grimace.

His green eyes, now a shade darker is filled with so many emotions Minghao couldn't figure out the most prominent one.


"Thank you hyung" Jun only hummed in response.


"Just promise me to be careful" the older then added with a firmer voice, his right hand on the youngers left cheek.

Minghao's eyes was trained to him. He was clearly not pleading for assurance from the younger man but was commanding it from him.


"I promise." Minghao took hold of the hand that was resting on his face, squeezing it gently as he lowered it down. 


There was always something unspoken between him and Junhui. Behind the stolen glances and sweet smiles, the unintentional hugs and personal gifts. Their stupid fights that will only last a few minutes because none couldn't really get mad at each other. 


There was always something, but that can wait. Especially at this moment. So with a genuine smile and a quick "be careful as well" he ran back to the chaos, this time much energy.

 

Wonwoo - Middle Ground - Crystal Meadow

 

"Hyung!" Wonwoo heard Mingyu's voice loud and clear behind him and the older wasted no time to turn and face the younger, what greeted him though were the rows of sharp teeth and a long slimy tongue.

The tongue that he didn't hesitate to rip from the godforsaken mouth with his burning scythe. With the demon beast writhing from pain, Wonwoo took the opportunity to slash the beast into two and end it's life.


"Hyung are you all right? That was close." Mingyu asked as he pulled his lance out of a monsters chest.


"Yes I am all right, and thank you for warning me." Wonwoo replied as blood sprayed on his face for the umpteen time while tearing whatever hideous creature is infront of him.


"Anything for you hyung." Mingyu smiled and swiftly flew up to stab the flying serpent hovering in mid air. 


"Our sons" the voice of Lee Jooheon invaded Wonwoo's thoughts.


Catching his breath he quired for the reason of the call.


"We have already figured out the cause of this havoc, but the problem is that damned demon even in captivity was still able to cast a barrier that enclosed the bearer of the stones within the space of the theater. The barrier is also affecting our abilities to manipulate the energy outside." Jooheon, head of the noble Lee's paused and heaved a breath.


"But Jisung, Huewan and Mingxi somehow firgured a way to do it. They said there is an unusual spike of energy somewhere in the forest but they couldn't find it due to the restrictions of the barrier." Jooheon continued.


"Our sons, we need you all to gather and find out where is the root of this problem. You and the other heirs are our only hope while we hold down this things." Wonwoo nodded with conviction and replied a short "we will not fail you" even though he knew that the elders will not see it before flying up to look for the others.

 

 

Moments later as Wonwoo is making his way to Seungcheol now with Mingyu, he heard another voice invade his thoughts. This time quite unfamiliar.


"This is Lee Jihoon, I do apologize for invading your thoughts without your permission. But I believe you have heard the voice of my father earlier and therefore I highly suggest that we gather at the back of the make shift stage. There is still cover and lower energy from the demon beasts, we can gather here safely." Ah Lee Jihoon, he has heard a lot about this man. He might not have personally spoken with him but has heard quite a number of good things about him.

A smart man either with a pen and paper or with a sword. He heard he excel with everything. He looked at Mingyu's direction and unsurprisingly the said man was already looking at him. He nodded at him as a form of agreement and hurried their way to Seungcheol.

 

 

"Thank goodness you came, I almost  thought I was not able to reach you all." Jihoon let out a pleasant sigh. 


Wonwoo looked around, they were the last ones to arrive. In one of the corners he can see the middle grounders sitting together. A tall man with dark brown locks whom he believed to be the heir of the Wen's was wearing a gash on his right shoulder. Right beside the injured man was he believe to be a Xu, he was looking quite pale, like he was the one wounded. Then, there was the back of a silver haired man whom he believes to be a Yoon facing him, from what Wonwoo can see, he was probably fixing the mans shoulder. 


"We should start planning now" Kwon Soonyoung suddenly spoke.


"You said they're on their way right?" This time his question is directed to Jihoon.

If Wonwoo didn't personally knew who Kwon Soonyoung was at a young age he might gave stiffen, but fortunately he had the opportunity to witness the said man dive in a puddle of mud when he was seven. Jihoon didn't even flinch and just nodded.


"They are near, I can feel Kwannie" the back of the silver haired man turned and he can swear he heard Seungcheol gasp.

He couldn't blame him though, right in front them was the jewel of the astrals, Yoon Jeonghan. Famed for his beauty and intelligence, he also heard that he was good with his weapons and was in par with Jihoon when it comes to fighting. In fact his heard that most astral nobles are good fighters and right at this moment he might think all of those statements were true. Because if all the blood stuck on his clothes does not explain it he doesn't know what will.

Too much for being gentle and soft spoken.


"Well we should start then, may I suggest something?" Soonyoung started and everybody nodded to show their agreement.


"As you all know, we middle grounders can feel the flow and pulse of energy from any living creature if we desire too so long as we connect our selves with the with ground." Soonyoung paused and looked around as if making sure that his point was taken through.


"But, it is only in a limited area. Meaning, we can only feel the flow of energy if it is in the scope of our abilities. Once it's out of range, we can't guarantee you anything." Wonwoo heard Jeonghan hum at the side, he was now seated right beside the middle grounders.


"So it works just like our telepathy then." This time heard Jihoon mumble to himself. Wonwoo can hear the gears of his mind working even at his position.


"So what are you suggesting then?" This time it was Seungcheol who spoke, probing the other.


"I suggest that we split up. I can take the south. Junhui hyung can take the north, Minghao can look over the west and since Chan and the others are coming from the bunks which is in the eastern part of our territory, it will be easier for him to look over the east.


"How do we inform the others when we found what ever the cause if this problem then?" Mingyu butted in.


"It's easy, that's where our telepathic abilities come in, after that we can gather and destroy it." Jihoon answered and Mingyu hummed. 


"This could work" Wonwoo thought, unknowingly voicing it out in the process.


"I too, agree with that idea. I have relied this information to my brother and he has also informed the others with him as well." Jeonghan stood up and dusted his trousers which was now crusty from all the dried blood.


"Any objections?" Seungcheol asked. None replied, and so they started to split and went to the direction they were assigned to based from what they have planned. 


Wonwoo looked around as Wen Junhui started to walk his way to the northern part of the woods, with him was Seungcheol and Jeonghan.

The lanky male whom he believed to be named as Minghao who was also the heir of the Xu's was accompanied only with Mingyu to the west until the younger Lee, Jihoon's brother catches up to them.

Wonwoo on the other hand was with grouped with Soonyoung and Jihoon. Hansol from what he knew will remain with the younger Kwon together with the other Yoon and the heir of the Hong's.