The Call

The Chains of Lilith

Jihoon - Middle Ground -Southern Lucid Forest

 

Jihoon couldn't help but feel restless. First of all the heirs of Kwon and Jeon seem to know each other and were having small talks and he feels awkward to be with them, second is that they still haven't reached the place that the middle ground noble wanted to go, lastly there is a lack of demon beast around the area to hinder them on their way. In fact, they haven't encountered even one and this really confounded the astral noble. Surely, they will guard the source of their energy,right?. He thought so to himself.

 

"Lord Lee" a hand grabbed Jihoons right wrist pulling him back a few steps and landing to the chest of the perpetrator.

 

"I apologize, for some reason I suddenly just felt a different flow of energy" Lord Kwon apologized as Jihoon moved a few steps away from the said man to steady himself.

 

"Just verbally warn me next time" Jihoon scoffed and looked around the place, concentrating to any form of change whether it was through sight or sound.

 

Jihoon only heard a mumbled "I'll make sure" before seeing the noble nether, Lord Jeon, with his glaring red eyes charge his way. His blazed scythe on hand, grip so strong Jihoon saw his knuckles turn white. 

 

Everything happend very fast and slow at the same time that the said man was stunned. Jihoon forgot to move for a moment before he heard the frantic call of the noble nether to get out of the way. 

 

Barely escaping the ginormous burning blade, Jihoon felt blood stick to his back. Green sticky blood covering most of his back. Looking back, he saw the thrashing figure of a phantom serpent. It's long body, about the lenght of a normal alis tree was covered with shiny black scales that reflected the red moon.

 

Immediately regaining his senses back, Jihoon took out a set of his knives blinding and cutting off the tongue of the demon beast. In a swift second, the astral noble jumped on the head of the phantom snake and dug both of the initial daggers that was buried on the beasts eyes with such brute force that it crushed its skull.

 

The action immediately killed the phantom snake and halted its trashing. Jihoon hopped off from the carcas of the said beast before its lifeless body hit the ground, but Jihoon knew that something more was coming as he saw the ground started to crack open and both the middle ground and nether noble started to whip their weapons in the air ready to attack.

 

Hearing a deafening wail from the crack, Jihoon just prayed he will survive the night.

 

Seokmin - Middle Ground - Western Lucid Forest

 

Seokmin tried really hard to communicate with anybody as he made his way to the western part of the Lucid forest, but alas his telapathic prowes was nowhere near his older brother or Jeonghan. 

 

Yet it didn't stop him trying. 

 

Moments later of fruitless search, he was so ready to give up and was starting to believe that he lacks the ability to communicate through telepathy when a muffled reply for help breached his thoughts. 

 

Seokmin sprinted through the forest as he looks for the owner of the voice. His wings flapped as he expertly dodge the branches of the trees.

 

"Where are you?" He called out again.

 

"Tallest.... Ebe...." Seokmin barely understood what the other man was saying but he did his best to decipher the message. He might be known in their realm as the goofy and happy young noble Lee, but he was not stupid. 

 

Swooping up to look for the tallest eben tree in the forest, Seokmin immediately flew to the tree and spotted a tall figure of man with his hand raised in the air. Upon close study, Seokmin realized it was one of the noble nethers. Though he couldn't put a name or which family he belonged to.

 

"I'm on my way, I can see you now" Seokmin informed the said man.

 

"Thank you, I can really use some help in warding this things away, I don't think my barrier can hold them much longer." Seokmin only nodded as he made a dive and threw both of his circular blades to a beast attempting to clamp it's claws at the  barrier. 

 

In a split second the once claws that were on the verge of breaking the barrier was now mutilated from its body and now lays on the forest floor. 

 

Blood pooled at the thrashing beast and Seokmin waited no longer than a second to end it from its misery by slashing its head off for good. 

 

A visible sigh of relief was heard from inside the barrier once the demon beast was killed and Seokmin saw the thankful face of the noble nether which he still has no idea who and another mans back who seems to be like a middle grounder.  

 

"Thank you very much my friend, I couldn't really do much while I'm putting this barrier up. There is always a limit to what a man can do all at once." The nether noble thanked him as he wiped off the beads of sweat from his forehead.

 

"No worries, we are all in this together. I am L-" 

 

"-ound it. I found it!" Seokmin was about to introduce himself to the nether when the other man who had his back facing them suddenly turned and declared in a dazed voice that he found what ever they were looking for. The said man was hovering up slightly from the ground, his green eyes glowing intensely while his shiny brown wings were spread in its full glory.

 

"I have found the source! It is hidden under the roots of a small eben tree near the western borders that separates our realm from the shadow lands." The man continued speaking in a breathy tone.

 

"Well we should hurry now and destroy it before it fuels up more demon beast" the noble nether immediately took the barrier down and flapped it's wings to ready his flight. The noble middle grounder, now back in his normal state followed suit. 

 

A few moments before they make their way to the location of the source, a very familiar voice invaded Seokmin's thoughts.

 

"Seokmin? Seokmin can you hear me?" The young Lee had never felt this happy to hear his hyungs voice inside his head. He waited not a single second to answerJeonghan's call.

 

"Oh finally! I couldn't reach Jihoon clearly but he said they are on their way to the southern part of the forest, said Jisoo infromed him that they found the source. I think we should gather there and help them." Seokmin couldn't see Jeonghan's face but he can hear the hopefulness in his voice. He couldn't blame him though, after running around and killing demon beast to demon beast all he wanted was to end this once and for all and have a good sleep. 

 

However as much as he wanted to end this as quickly as possible, things don't always work the way they wish it to be.

 

"But hyung we also found the source here and we are on our way" worrying thoughts swarm Seokmin's head as Jeonghan's voice failed to invade his head after his reply.

 

"Are you sure?" Came in Jeonghan after a few more seconds of silence. This time Seokmin himself was not sure about the answer and turned to the noble middle grounder.

 

"Noble Sir, I do not doubt you or your skills in locating this source that we are looking for but are you really certain that what you found is the right one?" Seokmin, as kindhearted as he was, did his best to be polite to the man in fear that he might insult him and leave a sour note.

 

"I understand and I am absolutely certain about it. I can even see how its roots distribute energy to the demon beast." The noble middle grounder responded albeit looking surprised there was no trace of hostility in neither his tone or face.

 

Seokmin nodded to the noble and went back to talking to Jeonghan. "Yes, yes I can definitely assure you hyung that we found one here."

 

"Where are you headed then?" Jeonghan asked this time with a breathy voice.

 

"Western borders hyung, they said its hidden under the roots of an eben tree."

 

"Very well then, we'll head your way but I need to tell this to Jihoon first." The telepathic connection between them started to became static and just before they lost connection Jeonghan reminded him with a soft voice.

 

"Seokmin, be very careful, all of you should be. This could be a trap so stay alert."

 

"I understand hyung, we will." Seokmin softly replied as well and as the connection became static again and as his own thoughts wrap his head he slowly raised his head to ready himself to fly and head to the western borders but as he started to flap his wings the widen eyes of the two noble men mildly shocked welcomed him. Then he realized it, he must have looked like a lunatic.

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to weird you off, but my telepathic abilities aren't as good as my hyungs."

 

"Oh you got me worried there for a second, I thought you've lost your mind." The noble nether replied with a toothy grin and a relieved sigh.

 

 

Facts about the Fic:

  • The abilities (or powers) of a noble depends on how much they train and not on the family they belong in. For example even if the Hongs are known as the greatest healers in the entirety of all the realms, if they didn't train from a young age and continued to learn about it they will only have normal healing abilities just like any other noble.
  • Alis Tree - this tree looks like a typical tree with green leaves and brown trunks and branches during daytime. However, during the evening the leaves of this tree will start to glow faintly. They are abundant near the borders that separates the Middle Ground and Nether Hollows but they can also be found scattered in the three realms.
  • Phantom Serpent - this demon beast in the figure of a giant snake roams the shadow lands. Just like any phantom demon, the phantom seprent has the ability to blend into the darkness and hide its aura making it a good ambush killer in the shadow lands.

 

WOW SO MY INCONSISTENT TOLD YOU GUYS LAST TIME THAT I WILL UPDATE TWICE A MONTH BUT GUESS WHAT! IT DIDN'T HAPPENED! AND I REALLY APOLOGIZE FOR THAT. SO HERE'S THE SUPER DELAYED UPDATE. EXPECT ANOTHER ONE TOMORROW AS WELL AND Y'ALL DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT NOT HAPPENING BECAUSE I'M ALREADY DONE WITH THE WHOLE CHAPTER, I JUST WANT TO POST IT TOMORROW. Tell me what you guys think. Byeeeee