The Awakening

The Chains of Lilith

Hansol – Weeping Woodlands – Shadow Lands

 

Hansol, after losing his consciousness, finally started to get it the moment a warm splatter of liquid reached his face. The young nether, with his eyes closed, can hear the unmistakable sound of metals clanking even under his groggy state. With great effort, Hansol tried to slowly open his eyes. He felt like his world was spinning, the fatigue and stress from his efforts to save and survive is still deeply buried under his being. Enduring the urge to puke the nonexistent contents from his stomach, the nether who was still lying on the ground, painfully arched his neck to look up.

 

"Cha-chan" Hansol called out as best as he can as he looked at the young middle grounder who was holding a lance tightly with blood trickling down from his right shoulder. Yet, it only came out as a throaty whisper that barely went through out of his lips.

 

The middle grounder didn't seem to notice him as Chan desperately continued to block the claws and canines of a pack of shadow mongrels. Hansol can only watch in pain as Chan fought the mongrels by himself. He felt useless as he lied on the ground doing nothing while the young middle grounder fights for his life. His feelings of self-pity escalated even more as one of the beasts clawed on his back leaving a nasty gash in between his wings. Chan screamed and Hansol watched numbly.

 

The nether saw the mongrel before it reached the younger and Hansol tried to call and warn Chan but his stupid voice was nowhere to be found. 

 

Now, Chan was on his knees, trying to stand up and still fight while he watches him as he lies on the ground. Hansol closed his eyes, the once feeling of self-pity is now turning into self-loathing. The fresh memories of how Seungkwan protected him and new images of Chan fighting the mongrels as he watches flashed in his mind like a stage play showing how worthless he was. He wanted to cry but he was too weak to let his tears flow. He wanted to scream but his energy is just enough for self-detestation. He was too useless that he can't even comfort himself. 

 

The nether let his anger fill his chest. He let his hatred fill in until it was getting harder and harder for him to breathe. 

 

"Hansol? Love? Is there something bothering you?" Hansol snapped his eyes open as he heard a very familiar voice. When he opened them, he was greeted by the smiling face of Seungkwan. The Seungkwan who had brown hair, eyes, and wings. 

 

"I uh-" Hansol thought it was stupid of him to dream things while his comrades are in danger. Because where he was now is definitely not the Weeping Woodlands, and the man he is talking at the moment, is definitely not the Seungkwan he knows. But it was even more stupid for him to know that his weakness has rendered him to be so useless that even in his dream, he is still too weak to talk.

 

Then Seungkwan took his wrist and pulled him closer, the man then wrapped both of his arms on his neck and kissed his nose. Hansol turned rigid, he can feel every nerve in his body tingle. The kiss felt too real for a dream as the man giggled and looked at him straight on the eyes. 

 

"Won't you tell it to me, you big oaf?" The man in front of him lovingly asked as he placed a palm on his face while softly caressing it.

 

"I'm scared." Hansol didn't know where that answer came from. It was definitely not his because truthfully, he was mad at himself for being incompetent, for being weak. If he was just a tad bit stronger, he could have helped Chan and Seungkwan would've never gotten hurt. He was not scared of fighting demon beast or even afraid of dying from fighting them. He is very much willing to sacrifice his life, so no, he is not scared.

 

The Seungkwan in his dream then breathed a deep sigh from his reply and slowly dropped his gaze to his chest. The man then let his other hand travel to Hansol's chest where Hansol can feel a cold object touch his skin. Green light suddenly seeped out through the nethers chest and Seungkwan slowly took out a glowing green stone suspended on a pendant of a golden necklace.

 

"I as well, am scared, love. But didn't we all made a promise to trust the mighty one?" Seungkwan looked back at him, his gaze still loving but there was a hint of desperation for convincing.

 

"Didn't we all promised to follow the light? This light that he has given?" Hansol didn't answer but continued to gaze at the alluring brown orbs staring at him.

 

"The light that brought us all together, the light that led me to you?" Seungkwan added as he cupped the nethers face once again.

 

"You told me once that caves are treacherous, but so long as we keep the light glowing, we can always find a way out. So, I beg you my love, do not stop believing the mighty one and follow the light." The green light then started to glow brighter. The image of Seungkwan started to fade away and Hansol tried to reach out to the loving image of the man who was standing in front of him moments ago.

 

"Follow the light Hansol. Follow the light my love." Those were the last words he heard before the green light invaded his surroundings. The nether closed his eyes as it gradually got brighter, when he opened them once again, he found himself in a space void of nothing. It is a place purely in white, there was no ground for him to step in nor clouds for him to say he was flying. In fact, he has no wings.

 

"Hansol my brave son." A voice of a man filled the place, Hansol tried to look for it but the voice resonated everywhere.

 

"You did a splendid job in protecting your love ones. I am so proud of you." For some reason Hansol felt a sense of familiarity. He felt comfortable and warm, secured enough that he can tell all his secrets without second thought. 

 

"But I'm useless and pathetic. I am nothing but a burden." Hansol wept, letting his tears and sorrows flow.

 

"Hush now my dear child, for you are no such thing. You are brave, and strong, and smart, and wonderful. And those are only few of the many reasons why I chose you. All you need to do is just remember who you are. Remember your purpose and the reason why you're here. Remember your promise." Hansol was then hit by a tantamount pain in the head, as flashbacks of familiar yet unfamiliar memories filled him. 

 

He saw memories of a fearful small child crouching inside a chest as a disheveled form of a woman kissed his forehead goodbye.

 

Then it was followed by a memory of a man sneaking him out of a big castle in the middle of the night. 

 

After that, he saw his young self, learning the art of fighting as the same man taught him how to wield his mace. 

 

A painful memory followed, as the man who taught him everything in life was killed in front of him. 

 

Then, different memories of crowds of people calling his name, calling him the great prince. 

 

A war where a lot of blood was shed then happened, and the next thing he saw is he's sitting on a throne when a hooded figure of Seungkwan appeared in the middle of the throne room. 

 

Green light shined, and after that he found himself in a cave where he can make out twelve other silhouettes. "I vow to follow the mighty one, believe in everything he says and follow the light he has given my way." He heard himself say. 

 

Then everything turned dark, with only a small flicker of green light shining from a far. 

 

With all the things he saw, there was no doubt in his heart that he already knew what the mighty one wanted him to do. 

 

It was to follow the light.

 

And so, he did, without any question. 

 

Hansol flew to the light, chasing it as it moves hastily. It was still far but he believes he will catch it. Then a deafening growl filled his ears and the mirage he was seeing broke as his vision was filled with the roaring image of the gigantic demon beast. 

 

Hansol wavered for a moment as he takes in the sight of his hyungs lying on the ground wounded and weak. They are still able to move but some of them are barely able to stand on their feet.

 

"Hansol get out of there! That monster is too strong to fight on your own!" Seungcheol called out to him, he was about to move back and fly to his brother when he saw a glimmer of green light, that's when he realized what the mighty one wanted him to do, what he should do.

 

"Hansol please, that demon regenerates. It won't die unless we hit it on its weakest spot." Seungcheol tried to warn him again.

 

With the memories of a life he has forgotten finally remembered, Hansol turned and looked back at his now older brother. "Hyung, I made a promise to the mighty one, and it's a promise that I am willing to keep. I will follow the light that he has given me. For I know he is with me all the time, protecting and guiding me to the right path."

 

With those words Hansol summoned his burning mace. An unknown source of energy filled him as the red flames of his weapon slowly turning a soft blue as the nether willed his energy to flourish within him. The fire slowly crept into him, engulfing his being with fire. With a final war cry, the young nether dashed to the demon beast, his mace held tightly on his hand. The nether didn't think twice as he swiftly severed the limbs of the beast. The demon wasn't even able to regenerate as Hansol continuously smashed his way to where the flickering green light can be found.

 

Only focusing on the green light, Hansol did not even mind as a bony limb of the demon beast pierce through his leg. He didn't even flinch as he harshly took out the severed limb of the beast that was deeply buried on his leg and continued to power through to where the flickering green light can be found.

 

With a last dodge, the nether finally reached the lower back of the demon beast where the light is flickering and smashed it with all his might. The demon wailed and thrashed but Hansol did not waver as he reached out to the wound and burrowed his bare hand taking out the glowing green stone from the body of the monster. 

 

As soon as the stone was taken out, the monster wailed but rapidly started to fall apart, leaving Hansol unbothered with the glowing stone on his hand. As the nether took hold of the stone, it glowed brighter and made a link with the necklace dangling on his chest. Then, the lights intensified and the next thing Hansol found is the sleeping figure of Seungkwan sitting beside him.

 


Facts about the Fic:

 

  • Hansol in his past life, was a missing prince in an ancient kingdom called Sephon. Before becoming one of the thirteen heroes that fought Lilith, Hansol was already a young king governing his peaceful kingdom and was loved by most of his people. Hansol did not have a leisurely life growing up in the past. His parents, the former king and queen were betrayed to death by his uncle, his father’s younger brother. The young Hansol was then left in the care of his father’s best friend, the head of the king’s guard who vowed to protect his prince to death. The man took Hansol with him and fled from the palace, he raised the prince secretly and was successful until his greedy uncle found about him. The wicked man sent his guards to kill the prince but with the help of his adoptive father, who died in his arms, Hansol survived and was able to know the truth. In the following years after his adoptive father’s death, Hansol seek for revenge. He travelled their kingdom to search for men who will aid him in his deed. In his travels, not only did he found people who are willing to help him, he also was awoken by the realization that the people of his kingdom were ruled by a tyrant. So in the end, he started to fight not only for himself but also for his people.

 

Geez I had a writers block AGAIN and I almost didn't post this update because of it. But good thing I got it through. I'm not really that happy on how this chapter turned out but I'm still thankful I got this out.

 

Anyways Verkwan stans are winning in this chapter, and yes I'm still a Jeongcheol advocate but I just gotta get Verkwan to come through.

 

Also, @Lemonzest95 do have telepathic powers girl? Coz you got it right hun

 

And lastly, comments are very much appreciated so please leave me some if you're feeling generous.. Love you all!!! Byeeee