The Stranger in the mist

The Chains of Lilith

Seungkwan - Weeping Woodlands - Shadow Lands

 

Seungkwan feels wrecked. His whole body aches and there is this lingering feeling on his head like it's about to burst. The only thing his thankful for is the hand slowly and softly caressing his hair from time to time.

 

"-kwan, Seungkwan. Wake up, you need to drink some water." A familiar deep voice gently coaxed him to wake up. Seungkwan only groaned, he's too tired in his opinion to even flutter his eyelashes to open.

 

"Hey.." The voice softly called again. "You can sleep again, but after you've drunk some water. I know you're tired from healing yourself, but your lips are starting to get chapped and you haven't had any food since lunch." Still insisting in closing his eyes the astral just grunted in reply.

 

There was silence, and Seungkwan thought that the man finally accepted his defeat. But then, something tickled his ears. Seungkwan immediately shot his eyes open from the action, but he was even more astounded to see the sharp features of the youngest Choi smiling at him with amusement.

 

The astrals heart rapidly beat on his chest as he locks gazes with the other man. For the astral, it felt like time stopped as he looked into the red orbs of the nether's.

 

"Uuhhmmm" the two were distracted from their somewhat intimate staring duel when someone cleared their throat.

 

"Oh uumm his awake. I was getting him to drink some water." Hansol explained to a man Seungkwan had never seen before with a flushed face. The man looked like he was just as the same age as him and Hansol, he has brown hair and eyes and didn't have any pair of wings. He is lean and a little bit taller, though he didn't look like he is being starved in a daily. In fact, his body figure reminded him of Minghao, skinny but with right amount of muscles.

 

"Oh! That's great! You should eat too. I have made some rabbit stew." The man said with a beaming smile. He was holding a bowl of probably soup, judging from the steam. “You as well Sol-ssi.” The man added.

 

Before Seungkwan can utter a word to thank the man for his kindness, Hansol answered for him. "Oh, thank you Seonwoo-ssi I would love to have some of that stew you cooked for us, but Kwan here said his not hungry yet and would just like to go to sleep after drinking water." Seungkwan didn't understand why the nether declined the food for him when he himself was very ready to accept. He was about to complain but the desperate look Hansol flashed his way made him silent.

 

“Yes, good sir, thank you for the food. I would love to indulge myself with it, but my appetite seems to refuse, probably because of the large lunch I had earlier.” Although confused, Seungkwan played with whatever Hansol was planning and the unmistakable look of relief marred the nether’s face as Seungkwan replied.

 

“Oh, but I still think it will be best to eat something, it will help you feel better faster. You might be feeling really tired from healing yourself. Come, I’ve added carrots and potatoes to make it healthier.” The man tried to convince the astral.

 

“How do you know he can heal himself? You told me earlier this is the first time you’ve seen and met people like us. People with wings, right?” Hansol asked, his eyes narrowing at the man.

 

“Oh, uhhmm I j-just remembered while I was cooking that my parents b-brought an injured man home once. He-he had wings like him and can heal himself. That’s why I assumed he healed by his own.” The man stuttered as he replied to the nether. He looked unsure, and it seemed like he was doubting himself as well.

 

 

“Oh I see. Well I’ll have the soup later, I’ll tend to Seungkwan first. Can please leave it right there? How about you Kwan?” Hansol replied to the man with a polite smile and pointed where to leave the steaming bowl, he then offered the astral his flask of water. Seungkwan did not think twice and took the flask. He drank a good amount and faked a yawn.

 

 

“Thank you very much sir, but I think I’ll just sleep this off and maybe tomorrow, I’ll have enough energy to devour your food.” Seungkwan added after yawning. The astral then started to position himself to sleep into the hard cold surface of what looks like a cave when Hansol pulled him, placing his head on the nether’s chest.

 

“Sleep well Kwan, just talk to me if you need something. You know I wouldn’t be able to read your mind, right? So just tell me.” Seungkwan almost choked, in his peripheral view he can see the other man standing awkwardly then murmured shortly that he will leave. The astral was flushed and he was feeling embarrassed beyond words from their position. He was sitting between the nether’s legs, with his head rested between the crook of Hansol’s neck and chest. The nether has his arms tightly wrapped around his waist.

 

 

“Talk to me.” The nether repeated as he nuzzled on the astrals hair. Seungkwan didn’t know why the nether is acting this way but he has a hunch that the man was into something so he channeled to the nethers mind.

 

 

“Hansol?” Seungkwan pensively asked.

 

 

“Thank goodness! You got it immediately”. Exultation can be heard in his tone.

 

 

“I’m sorry if you’re uncomfortable with this position. I just want to keep you close and to not raise any suspicion. I don’t really trust that man to be honest, but the sun has already set and it will be very dangerous to be out in the forest.” The nether added with an apologetic tone.

 

 

“What do you mean you don’t trust the man? He seemed nice?” Again, Seungkwan is confused. The man doesn’t seem to radiate any bad aura and all his showed up to this point is kindness.

 

 

“That’s why I thought it’s strange Seungkwan, this man is living all by himself out here for 2 years before he was left all alone when his family or should I say tribe was attacked by a horde of demon beast. His been living in this place his entire life.” Seungkwan was speechless, he was trying to ponder what the nether said but his headache was making it hard for him.

 

 

“And if you are still not convinced that there is something strange with that man, I tried to ask him earlier where does he look for food, but all he did was shrug at me and said anywhere. Seungkwan, I’m no idiot and I know you are not too. We’ve all studied this in books and even seen this once, remember 6 blue moons ago?” Seungkwan tried to recall the things that happened a few years back, back when he was still a clueless 9 years old kid running around their gardens without a clue. He recalled the time when his parents rushed out of the nobles banquet all frantic and scared, screaming for his older brother’s name. He remembered crying after Jeonghan for hours because he was not with him, then crying a bit longer after seeing him all pale and weak on his bed at Haljart the morning after. He then remembered the face of a man. A man so evil that remembering his maniacal laugh still gives Seungkwan shivers all throughout his body. Recalling all those horrible memories, the astral unconsciously fisted the clothes of the nether. Snuggling a little closer for comfort and the nether hugged him tighter in return.

 

 

“It’s impossible to live here Seungkwan, nobody can stay and live like a normal person around here.” The nether continued.

 

Facts about the Fic:

 

  • The Shadow Lands and Beyond - there are lands even beyond the shadow lands but the people living in the three realms thought they don't exist. They think that all the land outside the three realms is nothing but destruction and darkess. Everybody is afraid to go beyond the borders because it was placed in every book and scripture that everything after the borders is full of demon beast. They also believe that no man is alive beyond the realms.

 

Y'all Verkwan nation were you at???!!!! Do you think Seonwoo is a good dude that only lacks human interaction(a.k.a. me) and Hansol is just extra or he a bad dude? Good Day/Night!! this is a tad bit shorter but don't you guys worry coz you might 4 or 3 updates this december..

and shoutout to the new subscibers fairenough, Mimiloving12, Huihao17, _tsukasa_, _precious12_, lostbaby, maryamaghaee. God I hope I didn't misspelled your names love y'all <3