The Adventures beginning

The Chains of Lilith

Y'all Chan will have a panic attack

 


Jihoon - Central Council Room - Mt. Meduis

 

Jihoon felt like puking. He felt his dinner that was supposed to have been digested hours ago greet his throat. It was not a pleasant feeling, just like the news that was brought to them by the spirit prophet moments ago. He somehow expected this though. The moment elder Yoon finding out about Chan's dream being a memory instead, he knew things are about to turn into an entirely different route. To a road they haven't and will never venture if not for dire situations like the extinction of the entire human race. 

 

The entire council room fell silent, no one dared to utter a word after the prophet disintegrated into the air. Tension wrapped the room, that was until Chan started to loudly chase his breath. The young boy was hyperventilating, and almost fell on the floor if not for his father and brother helping him out. Lord Master Hong was immediately by his side to heal and calm him down until his breathing even out. But even with all their efforts, the young boy remained pale and shivering from nervousness and Jihoon understands him. 

 

Everybody understands him.

 

Everyone was scared, the gravity of what was expected with them was too much for young boys like them. "How on the realms are a group of thirteen teens supposed to kill a demon who had no qualms in wiping out a whole tribe in just one click of a finger" Jihoon thought as he silently look for a chair that his grandfather can use to sit.

 

"I will do it! The younger ones can stay. It will be dangerous for them to go and look for the shards of "Lilith's soul." Jihoon heard Choi Seungcheol's voice boom around the room. "Give me a legion father and I shall lead them. You've trained me long and hard enough to lead one" Seungcheol said. He was sweating profusely and obvious fear marred his face, yet he stood for all of them and Jihoon was in awe. No wonder Jeonghan, even with all his might deny it, is obviously smitten by him. "And I promise to take good care of my men just like you told me too." Seungcheol added looking at his fathers way.

 

Walking to the left side of the room where a bottle of cold essence of phyra sits. Lord Master Choi first poured himself a drink, then downed it in one gulp."You will not do such thing Seungcheol! I will not allow any of my sons to kill themselves for that demon!". Lord Master Choi replied, his voice was deeper than it usually was, entailing that the argument is done and must never be spoken.

 

"But then who will father? It is not the Lord Masters nor the Elders. If it is not going to be us, then who will?" the older man did not reply and Jihoon was sure he was doing his best to control himself and not lash out at his son.

 

"You always told me that in order to rule I must learn to be selfless for my people. I am being selfless for the whole of humanity now father." Jihoon watched as Seungcheol questioned his father. It was admirable how the man had the guts to stand up against his own father.

 

"I will not lose a son!" Jihoon shivered from the sheer loudness of the older mans voice. This was the first time he saw any of the Lord Masters lose their composure.

 

"Then would you rather let thousands of people die? Will your conscience ever let you sleep at night father? Because I know mine won't." Lord Master Choi did not reply again, instead he took the bottle of liquor and directly drank from it. Silence once again enveloped the room. "If I can't have your blessing, then I will leave without it." Seungcheol added, breaking the silence that was chocking all of them. He then started to fix himself, ready to leave the premises of the room.

 

"I will go with him." Jihoon almost lost his balance. He knew Jeonghan had long been harboring feelings for the nether dweller but he did not expect it to be this deep.

 

"Jeonghan!" Lord Master Yoon called out breathlessly. He was trying to shush his soft spoken son, but Jihoon knows better. He knew how stubborn and persistent the older was if he set an eye on something.

 

"He is right father. If it is not us then who will fight for the people? The tragedy that happened thousands of years ago will only repeat itself if all we do is stand here and argue about who goes and who doesn't." Jeonghan bowed his head and bit his lower lip, a clear sign that he was doubting himself. Jihoon all but wanted to call his name and pull him out of the illusion that he was in. An illusion that they can ever defeat Lilith. But then Jeonghan raised his head, his eyes full of hope and confidence. "There is a reason why God chose us, one of them is that he believes in us. So we also must believe in ourselves as well." Jihoon felt like he was dunked in a tub full of icy water face first. The realization that God chose him as one of his thirteen heroes has finally integrated itself in every nook of his brain.

 

"Father, I know you are just worried. I too am worried for ourselves. But what is the point in fearing for our future if Lilith decides to kill us all today." Jeonghan's voice was softer this time, yet it still had that convincing tone. He first let his gaze land at his father then let it travel around the room.

 

"I also agree with Seungcheol and Jeonghan, I am sorry father but just can't bear to think that thousands of innocent people will die just because of my cowardice." Jihoon remained silent by Jisoo's remark, he was slowly contemplating his decisions. He wanted to fight for his people, he wanted to stand up for them and save them from Lilith. But will they stand a chance? Or are the going to be just another heap dead bodies that her demon beast can feast on.

 

"I-i would like to go with them too." Kwon Chan spoke, stuttering his words as he stood up. He has long ceased catching his breath and he doesn't seem to be shivering, though he still looks a bit pale. Everybody was shocked with his remark. His father was speechless, jaw slacked and was not able to form any coherent word. "The hyungs are right, we can't just watch and let the people die and besides, did you forgot what the prophet said before he disappeared ?" "Do not fear, for God will be with you."Jihoon recalled in answer to the youngers question. 

 

"If Chan is going with them, then I will to." Standing up abruptly, Kwon Soonyoung who spoke this time. He looked at his father with eyes full of intensity and determination. "I will never, ever allow my younger brother to go out there and endanger himself while I sit here comfortably and wait for his return. If a young boy like him has enough determination to face Lilith, then the more should we!" Jihoon couldn't agree better. Kwon Soonyoung was right, they shouldn't let their fear consume them. He knew the other man was recklessly brave, but this time he has a point.

 

"Likewise, and if this is the the destiny that God chose for us. Then I will be more than honored to take it." Jeon Wonwoo agreed, whilst calmly seated in a finely cushioned chair.

 

"Take me with you as well." Jihoon, in his entire existance did not expect that there will come a day that he will offer himself to go out willingly and hunt a demon that almost wiped up humanity thousands of years ago. "I want to help, and I can't help if I just stay here and do nothing." After hearing the other younger nobles, Jihoon has finally come to his senses. His resolve is full and he had no plans of backing out. God chose him, this was the destiny God wanted for him. Unexpectedly his younger brother, Seokmin followed. Jihoon was sure that even if he didn't choose to come, his younger brother will still do. The reasons are simple. Seokmin has a really soft heart and Jisoo.

 

Jihoon glanced up to look at his fathers face, expecting an angry and disappointed reaction. Yet, what he saw is the forlorn smile of the older man. He was proud for the both of them for giving themselves up to save the people, but he was sad that he might lose both of his sons in the process.

 

The nobles of Kim, Wen, and Xu together with Seungkwan and the yougest Choi also decided that they will go and look, completing the thirteen heroes that God initially chosen. The Lord Masters and Elders cannot oppose their decision, for they know it was the right choice.

 

"Bringing a legion with you is not the best option, it will only attract more demon beast and will alert Lilith that we are doing something to stop her." Lord Master Choi, after his outburst finally spoke. His tone was low and grim. 

 

"I do agree, I believe it is best that we keep it low. We can easily make a move if Lilith and her votary of demons are not tailing us. It will also be safer for all of you." Lord Master Kim agreed and soon everybody in the room seemed to.

 

"Well it is nice to know that the there is a safer way for the children to travel but to where should they start looking?" and just as Lord Master Wen was asking  the feather pendant that was dangling on Chan's neck suddenly glowed. Through the light, it showed a river. A river of nothing but grime and death. A river where the water that flows in it mixes with the essence of hell. A river so black and poisonous it can kill a fully grown man in just a few drops. Jihoon held his breathe as he looked at the Syn river.

 

Everyone was looking closely at the image of the black water and the riverbanks beside it when a green light suddenly glowed at the bottom of the river. Then the image suddenly disappeared, leaving everybody to question if it was a sign to where a shard of Lilith's soul lies. In the end, everybody agreed that the image has meaning behind it. Whether it had the shards of Lilith's soul or not, it probably ment something if it appeared out of the feather pendant.

 

Following the assembly, the thirteen heroes did not waste their time to look for the shards and decided to venture out the moment the sun appeared in the heavens.They all decided that it will be best if they will meet at the northwest borders of the three realms.The river runs a long way, probably way beyond the Black Rock and this direction is where the tower of stacked rocks that they saw in the riverbank from the image can be located. "That must have been an altar of one of the river gods of an ancient tribe known as the Rayan" said Lord Master Xu when they saw it the night before. 

 

The sons bid teary goodbyes from their mothers and brought the tight hugs that their fathers gave them before departing. Even Seungcheol and his father who had a heated debate at the assembly said that his father almost sobbed when they departed from their mansion as they fly their way to the dark entrance of the shadow lands.


Facts about the Fic:

 

 

  • Phyra - a smooth alcoholic drink that can only be found in the three realms. It is very similar to wine, only that the color of it is brown and has tiny bits of seeds in it that when fermented reacts with the alcohol of the juices causing it to glow. The brighter the seeds glow inside the bottle, the stronger the alcohol it contains.
  • Syn river - before Lilith's rampage, the the Syn river used to be a busy place for traders of different tribes who trade their goods with the tribesmen of Rayan. It was used as a port and a market place for tribesmen and travelers, resulting for the tribe to be prosperous. Because of its many use for the people of Rayan, some tribesmen started to believe that there is some entity live in the river that is blessing them. They started to make totem poles to pray for the river god that they believe to be lurking under the deep waters and at some point started to kidnap unsuspecting travelers, mostly young women and little girls to sacrifice for their god. Due to the hatred of the souls who died in the river, Lilith was able to easily open a portal connecting to hell. The portal served as one of the main gates for Lilith's demons. After the thirteen heroes defeated Lilith, the portal closed. However there were still remaining cracks in the portal where the essence of hell seeps out therefore making the water black and poisonous.
  • Rayan - a tribe a pagans who believed and worshiped the water god that lives in the deepest and darkest part of the Syn river. They were rumored to be kidnapping young women and little girls to sacrifice to their god by letting them bleed slowly whilst tied into a plank until they die. They then throw their dead bodies in the water for their god to consume. Albeit their continuous efforts of denying such act, people started to stop coming to the Syn river. They were afraid about the rumors and feared for their safety. Meanwhile, the tribe of Rayan started to seclude themselves from shame and poverty. They slowly started to live in hiding and abandoned their huts and temples in the river banks of Syn. During Lilith's rampage, they also did not evacuate to the three realms and was believed that they continued living in the demon beast infested shadow lands.

 

Y'all again I apologize for my stupidity.. Byeeee