The Warg

The Chains of Lilith

Seungcheol -Astral Locus - Haljart

 

Seungcheol felt like his world was twirling as soon as he let Sentia go. The black bird was now freely flying around the astral skies. She has done her job well, as most of the time. 

 

The nether slowly closed his eyes as the headache travels the entirety of his skull, warging wasn't really this tasking for him but considering that his body is still weak, he didn't even dare wonder.

 


Seungcheol new that it wasn't really the best idea to warg on something as soon as you open your eyes, but he couldn't help it. He just had to see him and check on his safety.

 


And so he did.

 


Stalling for a bit and pretending to sleep, as soon as the healers left his room he made no waste in time and called for his bird. With just a short whistle, the  flapping of wings can already be heard. Seungcheol smiled, he really did trained the bird well, he thought.

 

After all, doing this everyday has turned it into something more of a habit than just simply checking someone out of worry.

 


For a nether, you would think he new nothing about the astral realm.

 


That is the exact opposite. Warging the same bird and going around the same realm for the past five years, Seungcheol has memorized every nook and cranny that the bright astral realm has to offer. He probably knew the astral realm better than his own.

 

As he flits through the wind and saw the familiar blue roof he has been accustomed for years, he couldn't help but feel a sense of relief as he saw a mop of long silver locks standing by the balcony that he knew so well.

 

As the astral landed his gaze on him, Seungcheol almost stopped warging from the bird. 

 

Jeonghan is a breathtakingly beautiful as always. Elegant and ethereal. No one can compare the beauty of the astral from Seungcheol's eyes. Seeing the other man smile at him in recognition was too much that he prematurely warged off of his bird.

 

The sudden withdrawal from his pet shocked his body as the flow of energy and connection with his pet got distrupted. That's how he found himself right now lying on his bed with a flushed face and high temperature. That's also how Jisoo found him as well.

 

"Seriously Seungcheol, you do this everyday and yet you still trip off?" Jisoo grinned and shook his head as he started to brew one of his crazy concoctions.

 


"I-i was just taken aback. He suddenly looked at me." The nether tried to reason out.

 


"Again, may I remind you that you have been doing this everyday for five years, five years Seungcheol. Why don't you just go and talk to him. You have been moping for six years now. I think that's enough." Jisoo bit back as he handed him a small bow full of purple liquid. Seungcheol remained silent, he still hadn't gone over of the past. He can't help but be reminded of how incapable he was when he is needed the most.

 


"I know you have heard this a lot of times from me or Jeonghan himself, but let me repeat this again. It was never your fault. You did your best to help and for that we are thankful. So please stop blaming yourself." Jisoo was now looking at him intensly but Seungcheol just bowed his head down and stared at the empty bowl he was holding. Everything is easier said than done. 

 

"So, what made you warg on your bird the first thing after waking up? Because I know for sure that you usually come over during Jeonghan's tea time." The astral tried to lift up the mood by asking in a cheery tone after getting no answer from the nether.

 


"I just had some strange dream and it got me tensed." Seungcheol saw how the astrals eyebrows perk up in interest.

 


"Did you perhaps saw some familiar people?" Sengcheol's eyes widen as he heard the astral ask him timidly.

 


"Ye-yes how did you know?" Sengcheol has his hand on his head but he was not dizzy anymore, instead he was confused. 

 

"Did you saw some barren land? Destroyed towns? Demon beasts?" The nether was confused but nodded anyways.

 

"Huh did you developed some new ability? This is the first time that I heard an astral predict something." Seungcheol nervously mumbled as Jisoo looked stared at him with a frightened expression.


"Did you, did you saw someone dying infront of you? D-did you felt like you were dying as well?" Seungcheol felt shivers run down his spine as he remembered how Jeonghan was covered in his own blood. One of his beautiful wings, although it was not white, is severed from his body. Seungcheol wanted to weep for him. The feeling alone of having your wings chop off was already very painful, but knowing how much Jeonghan took care of his wings was too much for him to take.

 


"I think Lord Jeon was right. There must be really something behind those dreams." Jisoo started to murmur to himself.

 


"What do you mean?" Seungcheol is now starting to get pissed. Too many questions but his weren't even answered. He doesn't really like it if he feels like he is stupid, and Jisoo talking to himself about something about his dream made him feel like that.

 


"Earlier when Lord Jeon woke up, he dashed out of his room like a mad man and started to look for Lord Kim. I had to ask him to calm down, which he did. Then, told he me had a strange dream." Jisoo paused and looked at the nether with scrunched up brows and a worried look.

 


"Seungcheol, the dream he had got the same aspects as mine. I was actually planning to share this with Jeonghan and Jihoon first but seeing that Jeonghan just woken up and Jihoon might have blocked his mind to do some meditation, I didn't got to any of them." Seungcheol was still confused, he still can't wrap anything about the situation.

 


"Then what did Wonwoo meant?" The nether ask in a lower tone of voice.

 


"That the dreams weren't really just dreams, that they were something else. Something more." Seungcheol remained silent, while he knew that the younger nether was a smart man, he can't help but feel skeptical.

 

They were wrapped in a few moments of silence until soft knocks on the wooden door was heard and an astral healer appeared.

 


"I deeply apologize for disturbing you high lords" the healer started. Her head was bowed to show her outmost respect to both the astral and nether nobles. 

 


"However Grand Healer Yoo sent me to look for High Lord Hong and inform you that Lord Lee is awake. A subtle gasp that was almost unheard left the blonds lips and Seungcheol saw how the other flinch a little by the mention of the other man.

 


"Thank you lady, please tell them that his High Lord is on his way." Seungcheol motioned the healer to go before Jisoo can utter a word.

 


"But Seungcheol we still need to sor-" Jisoo started to retaliate but the nether didn't let him.

 


"Go to him first, I know you want to see him. I understand. You won't be able to concentrate anyway knowing his awake."

 


"B-but"

 


"Jisoo go, who knows that by visiting him now it will help us with solving this mysterious dreams."

 


"Alright then, we will talk about this later. If Seokmin ever mentions having the same dream as us, I'm telling my father so he could inform the other nobles." Seungcheol hummed in response to the blond and watched his back as he walked out of his room. A lot might have change all through out the years, but Jisoo fussing over them since they were children didn't.

 

 

Facts about the Fic:

Noble ranking

 

 

  • Lord Master - the current heads of the noble houses. They hold the highest authority in their house and the land that they rule in the realm.

 

  • High Lord - a noble heir that is currently of age. They are next inline as the next Lord Master of their house. Once a High Lord, the noble will take part in governing and making decisions for their house and realm.

 

 

  • Lord - a noble heir who is also of age and next inline for authority after the High Lord. They also take part in governing and making decisions for their house and realm.

 

Soooo I apologize if this is a Jeongcheol centric chapter. Some of y'all might not be really into it but imma be 100% real and tell y'all that I AM A JEONGCHEOL ADVOCATE. Also, the Marie Claire pictorial happened and I just flipped. But fear not, this update did not happen just because of a few pictures(really) but this was really planned and as you have read Jihancheol had some shared past that will be revealed later. Alright I'm gonna stop rambling now before this gets too long. Byeeeee

 

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE 21 PEOPLE WHO ARE SUBSCRIBED TO THIS STORY. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I know that this is not the best fanfic out there but thanks for pressing the subscribe button anyway.

 

To BlackCherry15, Ilo2498, Yoon_1004, 1307mixed, jin2014park, hrdhny, aoipunch, Rosie20, liachuu, Sugarrrr, Emilboo, awesomekpoplover, vickiazn, Jeonghan0126, mochi_alicia, kirayrinnie, rait034, BabyM00n, B11NN13, acesea9103 and yihshinee17 thank you very much. I hope I didn't miss anyone or misspelled your usernames..