The Bunks

The Chains of Lilith


Hansol - Middle Ground - The Bunks

"Give me your hand little one" Hansol heard the youngest Yoon say to a sobbing child. He can identify the little kid as a middle grounder because of his green hair and brown eyes. Judging from the situation, the little boy got lost in between all of the commotion and was left crying on the middle of the path. The small child slowly stretched his limbs and the silver haired man took him carefully in his arms and hoisted him up in the air.


"Tell me what your parents look like and we'll go find them" the youngest Yoon continued to ask the small boy with an affectionate smile on his face. With a sniffle, the child did his best to describe his parents and it took all of Hansol's strength to not coo at the sight and focus at the task ay hand. 
It took a few moments before the silver haired cloud denizen swooped down to a couple, bringing the child with him. 


When he came back he was all by himself. 


"Are you feeling alright lord Choi?" Hansol tenses at the question. He was trying so hard to not look at the silver haired man that he didn't know he was looking like he twisted his wings.

 
"Uh yes-yes, I'm fine. Thank you for your concern lord Yoon" Hansol stuttered, averting his gaze to observe the last batch of people that were entering the bunks. 


They were ushering the people to get inside safely and Hansol couldn't contain himself from sighing in contentment that there are only a few mops of black, green and blonde locks. This means most of the people from the three realms are safe. 


"Hummm, well just tell us if you're not feeling well. I am sure we can help you." The cloud denizen paused for a second and continued by introducing himself. 


"By the way my name is Seungkwan. Yoon Seungkwan. I'm not quite sure if we had the chance to introduce our selves before this chaos started, though I'm really sure most of us haven't." Seungkwan offered his hand for a shake, a sweet smile resting on his face.


"Ha-hansol, Choi Hansol." Seungkwan giggled as Hansol stuttered while taking Seungkwan's hand for a firm shake.

 

Chan - Middle Ground - The Bunks

 

A few meters ahead, Chan was looking at the two hovering figures of the youngest children from the main family of the Yoon and Choi seemingly shaking hands for quite a while now. It was weird for him but then again, he was not that well versed with both of their cultures. 


A few more seconds and the said boy decided that he should look around the bunks and check if there's anyone who is injured or generally needs assistance. 


Before he can do that though, he suddenly heard a familiar screech. It sounded the same as the one he heard from the crystal meadow earlier and in just a quick flash, the two older cloud denizens whom he believed to be the nobles Hong Jisoo and Lee Seokmin suddely flew above him.

 
He watched in awe as the sweet looking Jisoo with his pinkish blonde hair briskly donned an unforgiving look. His features cold and his eyes now a deeper shade of blue that, for some reason lost the warmth and kindess it used to ooze out moments ago for the common people.


The said man then started to pull out his weapons from his back where his noble sigil lies. The sigil started to glow white and two sickle swords that looked like a mixture of a long sword and an axe started to appear as Jisoo pulled it out gracefully like he was pulling a normal knife out of it's scabbard. 


Young Chan was nervous but still in awe, he was inexperienced in fighting but it never failed to amaze him how rightful nobles like him have the ability to store their soul weapons inside their bodies. He admire as well people who can summon their weapons and pull them out of their bodies like it was as normal as breathing. Chan himself still has difficulties in pulling out his dagger axe out of his palms but his working on it.


Right beside Jisoo was Lee Seokmin, whom he saw earlier give out a smile as bright as the sun while he carried a heavily pregnant middle grounder who was having a hard time walking her way to the bunks. 


The said man was now lowly growling, deep blue eyes shining under the red moonlight. He looked so determined to kill, like a ferel beast suddenly possessed him. He even looked more threatning as he started to pull out two circular blades out of his back. 


The said weapons looking like misplaced halos as they gleam under the red moonlight. 
Chan was now starting to wonder if swiftly changing ones demeanor was something that usually happens to cloud denizens. Because he was sure he never saw his older brother or his Junhui and Minghao hyung like that. Sure, their eyes turned greener when they feel in danger and they too pulled their weapons out of their bodies through their sigils, but his Soonyoung hyung still smiled at him and Jun would still crack a lame joke in the middle of killing a beast while Minghao will never miss an opportunity to smack the older in the process.


Albeit nervous, the young Kwon tried his best to concentrate as well. Looking around for something that will impose danger to the people inside the bunks while slowly summoning his battle axe out of his right palm. 


Glancing around he saw the younger Choi and Yoon who were previously hovering in mid-air while shaking hands now in full battle stance. As expected, the warm smile from the silver haired Yoon was now gone and replaced by a stone cold mien. His stare looked unforgiving and honestly if he was the one on the receiving end of it he might have shivered right on the spot. 


Chan watched as the silver haired man pulled out two battle axes from his abdomen without even flinching. Once the said weapons are out, the younger Yoon whipped the axes in the air in circular fluid motions then held it tightly, still donning a stoic face. 


The flapping leathery wings of the noble Choi did not as well ease the menacing look the two had. The younger Choi's glowing red eyes are a shade deeper than the moon, matching the fire that wrapped the huge mace that he summoned out of his sigil which was also located on his abdomen. 


Chan wanted to admire the scene but he was halted from his fawning when another bout of screeching was heard. The young Kwon then suddenly felt something. It was dark, wicked, dangerous and it gave a hard jolt in his stomach that he almost puke. 


"They're near" he unknowingly announced to no one in a hushed voice and wide eyes.
"Secure the entrances, make sure none of these beasts breach the bunks we want the people safe" Jisoo firmly commanded to the head of the guards.


"And lord Kwon, get yourself together." The silver haired Yoon looked down to him and smiled sweetly, patting his back as he started to dive down to the deep forest. 


"Seokmin hyung bet you I'll be able to slit more heads than you do" Seokmin only snickered and equally shouted a "YOU WISH!" back at the said man.


"Do not mind them, they've just been spending too much time with Jihoon. If you're scared going on your own you can come with me." Hong Jisoo looked down at him. His sweet persona back in his body. Chan can only nod, to overwhelmed by the situation. The young Kwon hastily streched his pair of brown wings and flew to the older man.


"I'm Jisoo by the way. A Hong, nice to meet you." Jisoo introduced himself, a sweet smile plastered on his face while he offered his hand for a shake.


"Kwon Chan, it is a pleasure to meet you lord Hong." Chan took his hand hesitantly.


"No need for such formalities Chan, you can just call me Jisoo hyung. Are you ready?" Asked Jisoo.


"I-I am actually quite nervous, Ji-jisoo hyung." Chan answered with his head bowed.


"Is this your first time encountering and fighting beasts?" Jisoo continuously queried.


"Encountering no, but fighting them, well,kind of. I'm usually just for support when the hyungs go out for missions. And it's not all the time that they take me with them." Jisoo only nodded at Chans reply.


"Well just stick near me alright, we'll get out of this" and with a flash Jisoo's sweet demeanor changed back to deadly as he spotted something beneath them.


As Chan decended to follow Jisoo inside the thick forest, the first thing that greeted him when he was less than a meter away from the older man was an unexpected splatter of green blood on his face. Then the image of Jisoo bathing in green as he gracefully sundered the limbs of whatever monster he was fighting. How he does it with elegance, Chan doesn't know. All he knows is that in a matter of seconds that thing will be back to hell.


"Chan, finish it" Jisoo said as he threw the body of a screeching bird like monstrosity to the shocked boy. Chan only stared.


"Just poke it hard with the sharp end of your weapon to the heart or to the head." Jisoo encourage, and so Chan obeyed. Stabbing the monster over and over again until it was lying motionless on the ground.


"You're doing great Chan now will you help me with this one?" And Chan did. He helped Jisoo kill the beasts. He helped Jisoo until he was bathing in a mixture of not only green blood but also red, black, blue and more. He helped Jisoo kill them until they started to vanish from his sight.