The Beast

The Chains of Lilith

Notes before we begin: Things are about to be bloody.

 

 

 

Middle Ground - Crystal Meadows

 

Hansol couldn't help himself from gasping as he saw how the moon dimmed and a silhouette of a voluminous winged woman appeared on thin air.

 

He unconsciously held his older brothers left arm for support. Without his brother beside him, he might have actually fainted.

 

Seungcheol tried hard not to wince from the sheer tightness of Hansol's grip. His brothers pale face has paled a tenfold more the moment Lilith's shrill laughter echoed allover the open theater. If he was to be honest with himself, he to might have lost his mind the moment Lilith started materializing. But then he remembered that he has to stay strong for his brother. 


A moment of silence enveloped the theater after Lilith stopped laughing.

 

"Ah humans! I have longed to see you all!" Lilith greeted as if she was seeing old dear friends.

 

"Did you all missed me just like I do? Or is this longing only felt on my end?" The demon had the audacity to wipe her non existing tears. Then in a fraction of a second her expression of mock grief turn into pure anger and disgust.

 

"You have no idea how it ached me to think that I was trapped and bounded for a long time by such weak pathetic creatures." 

 

Now brushing her golden hair with a bored face she continued, "As frightened as you all are a thousand years ago I never would have thought you had the guts to raise up against me." She paused and heaved a breath. 

 

"It was foolish of me to ignore such possibility of it, it really was." She continued, shaking her head right to left. Mock grief evident in her face and tone yet again. 

 

"But fear not! Or should I say fear more!" The demon suddenly cried full of excitement.

 

"For I, Lilith will raise again! and this time I will make sure that you will all bow down to me as you shiver in fear and dread. You will cry my name as I slaughter your women and children right in front of you while I turn you all into my slaves!"

 

Another bout of shrill laughter was heard.

 

"So remember this day humans. The day where you celebrate your triumph from my defeat is the mark of my unstoppable return!"

 

"Be gone demon! You cannot fool us anymore!" Junghwan, a cloud denizen and head of the noble Yoon's flapped his prestin white wings and flew up in the air. His dark blue eyes glowing under the red light.

 

"We can still feel you wriggling inside the stones looking for a way to break out." Kim Minhyuk head of the noble Kim's spoke as he ascended to the air, following the actions of Choi Seunghoon and Jeon Dongho. Both heads of the noble nether families Choi and Jeon. 

 

"Please stop this nonsense demon and accept your fate. You will never walk in this world ever again." Hong Jisung head of the noble Hong's added as he slowly raised his hands, ready to cast the usual binding spell to keep the demon in her place.

 

"Ha! My my, I'm quite impressed you've figured it out. You're not really as foolish as you all used to be, yet you are only quite right though. Yes, I'm still bound inside those stupid stones. But let me remind you all that it is not only me who wishes for my freedom. For my children, my beloved children who suffered and grieved for their mother for a thousand years shall rise from the pits of hell and set me free!"

 

"Enough and go back to where you belong!" Mingxi, head of the noble Xu's replied to the angered demon.

 

Each head of the family held hands encircling the demon between them. Lilith started to scream and hiss as she thrash helplessly when a magical golden chain encircled her figure. Her blood red wings crushed, feathers falling and disintegrating in thin air from the sheer tightness of the chain. Her mock tears turning real as her pearly white skin burn from where the magical binds touch.

 

"This is not the end! For I Lilith will comeback and have my vengence!" Lilith's voice slowly faded into the night sky as the heads finish reciting the incantation.

 

People started to breath again the moment Lilith vanished but just as they thought everything was fine numerous deafening screeches were heard.

 

It was the same shrilling noise before Lilith appeared in the night sky.

 

"We should gather all our men and get the people out of here quickly" Seungcheol heard his father suggest.

 

"I agree but where do we keep the people safe until we finish dealing with them?" Dealing with who? Seungcheol doesn't know and at this moment he might to not want to know if it's the same kind of demon as Lilith.

 

"To the bunks, it's right at the edge of the meadow and it's big enough to keep them safe until we're done." One of the middle grounder noble replied but Seungcheol couldn't keep track as the screeching became louder and closer. He can see his brother together with their other nether friends Wonwoo the eldest son of the noble Jeon's and Mingyu the lone son of the noble Kim's hanging their heads low. Both of their hands covering their ears.

 

____________________________________________

 

Each head of the noble families rounded up their most trusted men and instructed them to gather and take the people out and keep them safe inside the bunks as fast as they can. Wonwoo heard the head of the Lee clan send his younger son to the bunks to help supervise and protect all the citizens. He was to be assisted by the youngest Yoon, Kwon and Hansol. Together with them as well is the only heir of the Hong's, his main concern is to heal any injured. It made sense, since the Hong's are known for their unparalleled healing abilities. The four whipped their wings and flew to help the soldiers.

 

Wonwoo's line of thought was disrupted as another bout of screeches were heard. He was trying to figure out what his father was looking at. His father was still up in mid air, his bat like wings shining under the red moonlight. He's hovering at the top together with Mingyu's father, they were looking for something and they looked clearly unnerved. Then his fathers hand suddenly shoot up in the air as if to signal something, this clearly took the attention of the other nobles that was looking at them intently.

 

A deafing screech was heard and this time it was so close that he felt the ground tremble. Along with the screech came out a gruesome creature. With wide black eyes and grimy feathers. It looked like a bird. But instead of it having a beak, it had sharp rows of teeth. It looks utterly terrifying and he might have stumbled on his feet if not for Mingyu grabbing him by the shoulder.

 

The creature flapped its wings and attacked, but before it reached anybody a glowing bow struck it straight on the head. The creature trashed in pain as it fell to ground but just as Wonwoo was about to sigh in relief numerous monsters came out behind the trees and started attacking.

 

____________________________________________

 

Everything was on chaos as different beast sprung our of nowhere. Things were getting bloody as everybody took their weapons out to fight. Seungcheol saw how Mingyu's left eye glowed. The nobles sigil on eye glowing a little brighter. He pulled out his burning lance from it and threw it to a half-bird half-serpent beast. Summoning his sword out of his sigil on his wrist, Seungcheol whipped wings and jumped at the back of a lizard like monster, slitting its throat in the process. Blood was sprayed on his trousers as the monster desperately catch for air but he couldn't care less as another creature charged right at him.

 

____________________________________________

 

Seungcheol was running out of breath as he struggled hard to finish the beast in front of him. Everything was either destroyed or is a complete bloody mess, even the ground is slippery from all the bloodshed. That fact alone made it hard for him to move. As he was catching his breath readying himself to help the young Xu, he was abruptly pushed to his left. Taken off guard, the nether dweller stumbled on his feet and landed on a carcas of a dead beast. Ready to retaliate. Thinking that it was just another monster he prepared himself to charge at the enemy. He was abruptly stopped by his own feet though as he realized it was no monster who pushed him but the eldest son of the Yoon's. 

 

"You alright there?" The eldest Yoon was always praised for his beautifully handsome features. His delicate face and long silver locks had men and women alike worship the land he walks. He was a soft spoken lad just like any cloud denizen and loves to spend his days reading books. So, seeing the said man who was covered in pure white from head to toe moments ago walk to him casually. Drenched on blood as if he was bathing on it got him frozen.

 

The said man offered him a hand to help Seungcheol back up to his feet. Seungcheol unconsciously took it and nodded as a form of reply from the question asked to him earlier. Jeonghan only replied a short good and swiped his thumb on Seungcheol's left cheek, healing the small cut on his unmarred face.

 

 

End notes: So I added another tag
And yes the boys need no scabbards coz their weapons are inside them.