The Past

The Chains of Lilith

Jeonghan - Middle Ground - Western Lucid Forest

 

 

Jeonghan wasted no time throwing himself between Minghao and the sheol mantis that was pushing the younger man to the ground. The middle grounder was already bleeding from all the small cuts and gashes that he got from fighting the said demon beast and it was a matter of time before he completely fall down.

 


The two teamed up in killing the beast as Minghao jumped at the back of the gigantic mantis and curled the chains of his nunchucks on its head while Jeonghan chopped off the bladed limbs of the horrid creature.


Jeonghan saw how the middle grounders legs gave up as soon as he saw the creature dead on the ground. He quickly ran to the said man and healed some of the wounds on his body all the while assisting him as they trudge their way to a big rock so that Minghao can at least have something to lean on.

 

In just a few moments Junhui was on their side cradling the younger man on his chest as Minghao takes labored breaths with his eyes closed. His hand was on his stomach trying to suppress the blood and pain that was both cruising and coming out of his body.

 


"I've healed some of the cuts and bruises but some are much deeper for my healing abilities to fix. I'm sorry" The bleeding on his abdomen has now stopped and the middle grounder was breathing normally now.

 


"You don't need to apologize hyung, you've done your best. What is important is he is out of harms way. Thank you very much for you help hyung, we owe you a lot." Jeonghan smiled and ruffled Jun's hair. Pressing his right palm on the rock, he stood up and readied himself to walk back to the others who was now in the process of uprooting the crystal.

 


Standing beside Seungcheol, he wobbled a little as a wave of tiredness hit him. He was surprised when a hand softly placed itself on his lower back and another hand crept on his shoulder steadying him.

 


"I asked you earlier to take it easy, you said you will but now look at you." Seungcheol spoke in a low voice. He sounded mad but mostly worried.

 


"I am fine Cheol, don't worry" Jeonghan looked back at the noble nether but Seungcheol avoided his gaze and huffed as he looked straight ahead.


They stayed like that for a few a moments as Mingyu and Seokmin took the crystal out. 

 


Jeonghan stiffened as he saw the crystal. Immediately recognizing what kind of crystal it was, he started to explain to the rest what it was and how to destroy it. 

 


The noble cloud denizen followed Seungcheol and Jun as they made their way to the crystal but Seokmin stopped him and instead offered to do the deed himself. He was honestly tired and didn't argue with the younger man, he also figured that he might as well fulfill his promise to Seungcheol that he made earlier. 

 


The three started to beam their energies at the crystal and as the crystal started to crumble blinding white light streamed out of it. The light enveloped everything around him. Things started to become blurry and bright and Jeonghan felt dizzy. Then the stream of light suddenly receded and the once bright place became a desolate dark wasteland. 

 


The cloud denizen looked around but all he can see is wreck. Burnt trees, dried land and as much as he doesn't want to admit, dead bodies. Then that's when he realized that he was alone.

 


The blond felt shivers run down his spine. He didn't know if this was some twisted kind mirage or if he was really sent to a different place by some powerful spell.

 


Out of nowhere, he then heard someone from a far. He tried to look for the owner of those pained sobs and saw a man crouching on the ground and an unmistakable body of human in front of him. 

 

Jeonghan hurriedly went to the man and almost stumbled on the ground once he saw a glimps of who the man was.

 


It was Seungkwan or it looked like him. The man has the same face as his younger brother but his hair was brown and so were his wings. Jeonghan was ready to turn his back and leave for he couldn't take to look at his brother or even his look a like cry so painfully. But, seeing the body that the man in front of him was mourning at froze him on his feet. 

 


The uncanny similarities of the facial features of the lying man made Jeonghan almost puke. There he saw a man with same face as him lying on the ground, taking labored breaths as blood trickle out of his mouth. His disheveled hair was long but it was black and unlike his pristine white wings the other had one of his brown bloody wings incapitated from him.  

 


"Hyung please stay with me, don't go" he heard his younger brother beg.

 


"Kwannie, I'm tired and his waiting for me in the other end." Seungkwan sobbed harder.

 


"No don't go, please stay. Please don't leave me" The dying man reached his younger brothers cheeks and caressed it softly.

 


"Now d-don't cry n-now brother, just w-wait and you'll be with us s-soon." Jeonghan didn't knew what happend next as the same bright light started to wrap him again.

 

He covered his eyes from the intensity of the light and the next thing he saw was the heads of thirteen men talking around the a bon fire. He was above them and he couldn't quite see their faces. 

 


"What about we make a vessel that will trap her so that we can destroy her." That was the last thing he heard before it started to become blurry.

 

The next thing he saw was a man that looked like Seungcheol but with auburn hair and a man that looked like Jihoon but with pink locks. Both of them had brown wings.

 


"Hyung we figured out how to make the vessel but it can't take all of her soul. We need to break her soul apart and place it in a number of vessels." Jihoon paused and readied himself to continue say what seems to be something negative.

 


"And also hyung in order to seal the vessel we need to give a bit of our souls as well." Seungcheol paled.

 


Things started to become blurry again and now he saw familiar and unfamiliar faces all looking scared under the moonlight.

 


"But this is very dangerous, giving a bit of our souls is like walking to deaths door." Things started to fade and voices began to sound stuffy.

 


"I'm willing to take the risk to end this all. Even if it means death" bright light streamed again but before everything faded he heard the unmistakable voice of Seungkwan.

 


Moments later he was back at the same desolate wasteland but this time it wasn't dark anymore but bright. Blue sky has replaced the black clouds from before and birds can be seen flying in the sky. 

 


Looking from afar he saw three indivuals circling around a ball of light. Jeonghan hovered his way and he saw the weakend figures of Seungkwan and two others slumped to the ground. 

 


"We did it, we can finally join them now" Jeonghan didn't understant who they want to be with or where they were going but the peaceful smile in Seungkwan's face calmed down his nerves. They all started to close their eyes, breath slowly seizing and as life slowly seep out them a clump of gems in different colors wrapped in a chain hovered in the air.

 


Things started to become white again and now he can hear his mothers voice calling him softly. Jeonghan fluttered his eyes open and he was now back in the comfort of his room.

 

 

 

Facts about the Fic:

 

  • Sheol Mantis - a giant praying mantis  with bladed limbs and acidic spit.
  • Amora - a giant crab demon beast. The shell of this beast is as hard as titanium.
  • Shadow Centipede - an ambush hunter in a form of a centipede.

 

​​​​​​YOUTUBE IS BROKE FOR 3 HOURS AND I'M READY TO FIGHT!