Unspoken Agreement

When I Look At You - A ChanSoo Fan Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo found out Chanyeol’s mother was indeed delirious with fear when authorities told Mrs. Park that Chanyeol hadn’t checked in for his flight back home. The police in South Korea was still looking for leads as to Chanyeol’s whereabouts but hadn’t found anything promising for almost 48 hours. What made it more complicated what that the news had only been featured in Japan—and not broadcast internationally—that a young, unidentified tourist of Asian descent was under the protection of the Japanese government due to the unfortunate accident.

 

He assisted on putting the phone to Chanyeol’s ear. Just as he was about to leave the room for the CEO to continue his conversation, Chanyeol kept a secure grasp on his arm, rendering Kyungsoo unable to leave his side.

 

He felt discomfited to be eavesdropping, as Chanyeol quietly cried to his mother.

 

“Joseong-haeyo, Omma,” the CEO whispered, tears sliding down the brims of those large almond-shaped eyes. “D-Did you… visit Appa’s…?”

 

“How could I, adul?” Mrs. Park wept, and Kyungsoo could clearly hear her end of the line. “I was worried sick about you! And now I find out you’ve had an accident and ended up in the hospital! Are you all right?”

 

Chanyeol didn’t want to worry his mother more, deciding against telling her about the extent of his condition. Perhaps he was still praying for a miracle for his sense of sight to return, as early as the next day… “I… I am feeling fine, Omma… I would have to… stay in the hospital in the meantime, though.”

 

When his mother started to protest, Chanyeol had to immediately pacify her. “Gwaenchanah, Omma.” (It’s okay, Mama.) He swallowed, hoping that his desperation and anxiety didn’t come through the phone. “W-Would you know how soon you could come here? I miss you.”

 

“I’ll look for a flight immediately,” Mrs. Park promised fervently. “I’ll come tomorrow, adul! Please thank the young man who helped you for me.”

 

“T-There is one thing I need you to do for him, Omma…”

 

Kyungsoo gulped in nervousness. What did Park sajangnim mean by that…?

 

“He’s actually our sous chef in Seomse Tokyo. Can you talk to Mr. Tony Rodgers to put him on extended leave?”

 

“He’s our employee?”

 

Actually, Chanyeol couldn’t really guarantee that for a couple of reasons: 1) He couldn’t see, so he couldn’t very well tell his mother that; and 2) he hadn’t met him when he went onsite to Seomse Tokyo as Kyungsoo was supposedly on leave… to meet with the head chef of Seomse Seoul, whom Chanyeol didn’t know was on leave on that day too…

 

He shook his head to clear his thoughts. This Do Kyungsoo better be telling the truth. “It’s a long story, Omma, b-but can you tell Tony and I’ll just vouch for him? Kyungsoo-ssi is fluent in Japanese and I’ll feel much better if he can stay with me and be the translator whenever needed.”

 

“Of course, I will let Tony know. Are you sure you are all right?”

 

“I am,” Chanyeol whispered, wiping his own tears. “Just… get here as soon as you can, Omma. Jebal…”

 

Mrs. Park fell quiet, motherly instinct befalling her. Something was not right, but she decided not to press on the matter. “Araseo, Chanyeol-rah… can I talk to Kyungsoo-ssi?”

 

Chanyeol aimlessly handed Kyungsoo his phone back, which the smaller one gently took from his hands.

 

“Y-Yeobosaeyo?” Kyungsoo answered in apprehension, careful not to let his phone slip from his clammy hands.

 

“Kyungsoo-ssi, please take care of my son until I get there. I’m asking my secretary to look for the soonest flight to Tokyo.” There was a pause. “She’s booking it right now. I can get to the hospital by 9 a.m. tomorrow morning.”

 

“W-Would you like me to fetch you from the airport, Mrs. Park?”

 

“No need. I will have Tony do that. Please stay with Chanyeol, if you can. Y-You told me that the accident happened because he rescued you?”

 

“D-De… Joseong-haeyo…” Kyungsoo apologized softly, bowing his head, as Chanyeol, who could hear every word, stayed silent.

 

“H-How are you?” Mrs. Park asked, much to his surprise. “D-Do you need any medicine? Have they checked up on you?”

 

“Y-Yes, Mrs. Park. I am… jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter