Life Through Rose-Colored Glasses

When I Look At You - A ChanSoo Fan Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So when did you come to the assumption that I might be… gay?” Chanyeol swallowed, still awry about the label.

 

“I wasn’t sure, to be honest, oppa,” Seolhee admitted. “You always had more male friends, hung out with male colleagues, but the most I had thought was that you were aual. I mean, guys would hit on me all the time, and you were the opposite. You didn’t even flirt with women in the room, even if they were practically throwing themselves at you. I sometimes wished you would have given in, though.”

 

“Why would I?” Chanyeol snorted. “I was engaged to you. We were together.”

 

Seolhee’s cheeks burned, because Chanyeol knew she hadn’t exactly been the most faithful of fiancées. “I’m just saying… normal men would have been tempted.”

 

“So I’m abnormal?”

 

“ANIYA!” Seolhee whined, swatting him on the arm.

 

Chanyeol smirked in jest. “Araseo, araseo. Don’t take it the wrong way. I still find you very y, in the most aesthetic way… I was just… There were times I did find you attractive.”
 


“Not enough,” Seolhee huffed under her breath, to which Chanyeol chuckled. “But you find this guy interesting, do you not?”

 

Chanyeol sighed. “Maybe. I have no exact idea of what he might even look like. What if he resembles a troll…?”

 

“He does not,” Seolhee interrupted in insistence. “He’s very cute. And you know how high my standards are, right? So you have to trust me.”

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes for a moment, returning to the time he and Kyungsoo had gone to the garden of the hospital, and the feeling of the sous chef's soft features underneath his fingertips... “This so-called attraction I feel may just be curiosity. We click pretty well, much faster than anyone I’ve ever encountered, so… I’m really not sure what this is… if this is even something.”

 

“One thing that I’ve learned in France is that uality is fluid. Like I said, experimenting is not a bad thing. And liking someone doesn’t always have to be ual. You don’t have to make it awkward. Just… date first. Get to know him better. You could end up with a best friend, if not something more.”

 

Arguing with that logic would be futile, he knew. Two weeks after Seolhee’s visit, Chanyeol pretty much went through the motions of sleeping, eating, going to his checkups, undergoing therapy…

 

He would strum his guitar sometimes, not having the motivation or the heart to continue his song lyrics. He didn’t know who he felt comfortable with to share that musical side of him. Kyungsoo… had been that person, in such a short amount of time, too.

 

He had opted to stop listening to the mp3 player as it only caused him more misery than happiness upon hearing Kyungsoo sing. Guilt overwhelmed him, for some reason, because he was harboring all these feelings and perhaps, Kyungsoo became burdened by them.

 

Chanyeol hadn’t heard from him at all, of course, and he didn’t attempt to call again. What would he say? Seolhee’s words seemed to be drilling at the back of his head.

 

Just… date first. Get to know him better.

 

Like how? Just ask Kyungsoo out when he returned to Seoul?

 

He could arrange for Kyungsoo to work again at headquarters, granted that Jae-wook hyung would be transferred to Shinjuku by July anyway.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter