From Bad to Worse

When I Look At You - A ChanSoo Fan Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Apparently, Chanyeol was surrounded by hospital staff talking in rapid, even anxious, Japanese. Then he heard some running footsteps. Someone else was entering the room.

 

Suddenly, a more familiar hand touched his.

 

It was smaller, softer...

 

“H-How are you feeling?” the person asked in English. Chanyeol could still make out just the slightest accent, but otherwise, the young male’s pronunciation was flawless.

 

“I don't know,” Chanyeol answered apprehensively, also in English. “Who are you?”

 

The hand holding his grew cold.

 

Kyungsoo’s mouth went dry. With the bandages removed, it was indeed Park Chanyeol lying on the bed, staring blankly into space with a furious expression on that handsome, albeit bruised face. This was his boss, for crying out loud!

 

Would he recognize him, if he told him his name?

 

Was Park Chanyeol sajangnim (CEO) aware of the scandal he was involved in with the head chef of Seomse Seoul?

 

“Did you hear me?” Chanyeol snapped.

 

“Uh… I-I-I’m… the one you rescued…” Kyungsoo stammered, about to hyperventilate, still talking in English for some reason.

 

“W-What?!” Chanyeol couldn’t even remember what the young male looked like. An obscure image of a black cap flashed through his mind but that was it.

 

“I’m so sorry! It’s… b-because of me that you were taken to the hospital unconscious… and bleeding…”

 

“Bleeding...” Chanyeol echoed in disbelief. This was what he became of him… and for what purpose?!  “Did I break any bones?” He asked furiously, his voice cracking. “Do I still have two legs?! And why the hell can't I see anything?!”

 

Then Chanyeol’s head jerked to his right, where he heard the Japanese doctor speaking for a few minutes, as though he was reciting a monologue. Chanyeol strained to listen and comprehend.

 

Kyungsoo swallowed as he quickly translated, “Uh… Dr. Watanabe said that they had just injected you with painkillers two hours ago. You still have both legs, don’t worry. You do have some bruises on your arms right now and two cracked ribs at your lower left side... but you bumped the back of your head pretty badly. He said that the impact hit your occipital lobe.”

 

Kyungsoo slowly ran a hand in front of the young CEO’s big, almond-shaped eyes, and then again. Chanyeol didn't even so much blink.

 

“Occipital lobe...” Chanyeol echoed shakily, the horrific idea slowly sinking in. The English term sounded even scarier than if it were relayed to him in his native language. “Is that why I can't see a thing?! Will this be permanent?!”

 

He heard Kyungsoo ask the doctor in Japanese, and the doctor immediately answered.

 

“Dr. Watanabe said that your retinas were pushed back from the accident and will take a period of time before they return to their place... He said that the condition is possibly a temporary side effect, but they are still checking your results, to be sure.  There is a huge possibility that you will regain your sight.”

 

“When?” Chanyeol demanded.  “And what if I don't?  Do I stay blind?”

 

The doctor seemed to have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter