A Life Saved, A Life Owed

When I Look At You - A ChanSoo Fan Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo groaned out loud. He felt excruciating pain everywhere. He was pushed off several feet on the asphalt by a tall, rather strong guy, who tried to save him. Millions of people seemed to be crowding around him now, asking if he was all right. Nearly suffocating, Kyungsoo tried to push them away as he struggled to stand up. A couple of people helped him.

 

“Please, please,” he begged, speaking in Japanese. “Where’s... where is the one who rescued me?”

 

Airport security finally intervened and tried to break up the mob. A policeman suddenly carried Kyungsoo effortlessly into a secluded utility.

 

“Are you all right?” the policeman asked.

 

Kyungsoo quickly nodded. “Yes, sir. But where...” His voice trailed off as his big eyes widened even more.

 

Two other officers were carrying the tall guy’s body inside. Kyungsoo’s gaze didn’t leave the other young guy’s terribly bruised face as they lay him down carefully. The officers’ uniforms were tainted with blood.

 

His unconscious rescuer was bleeding profusely from his skull...

 

A lady medic performed CPR on the young man right away, attempting to revive him.

 

“Do you know him?” The first officer asked Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo shook his head, getting more and more horrified that this person could possibly die because of him... Everything happened so quickly. One moment, he was sending off Jae Wook sunbaenim to the airport …

 

“We just need to wait another year until the scandal quiets down, jagiya…” The older, more experienced chef had told him quietly, caressing his soft cheek as Kyungsoo’s misty, large eyes lowered down on the ground in shame and disappointment. “You can wait until then, can you?”

 

Kyungsoo had hugged him goodbye, albeit resentfully, and then saw him off, as Jae Wook sunbaenim went inside the airport without even returning a glance at him.

 

He was still reeling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter