Breathless

When I Look At You - A ChanSoo Fan Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dr. Kim Minseok’s office confirmed to be continuing Chanyeol’s treatment in Seoul once the specialist returned from the U.S. in two weeks’ time. Mrs. Park thought to buy more clothes for Chanyeol since he couldn’t very well rotate three pairs of pants and shirts all during their stay in Tokyo.

 

While Mrs. Park and Taeyeon-ssi ran their errands that Saturday morning, Kyungsoo obediently looked after Chanyeol and went with him to his therapy session.

 

Chanyeol was still put on the cane today, which he was getting more and more familiar with. However, Chanyeol also didn’t fail to observe that Kyungsoo hadn’t so much spoken a word as the sous chef guided his steps carefully by the arm. He wondered if he made Kyungsoo upset about suddenly announcing singing duets with him on the next talent show. Granted he should have asked first… but Kyungsoo was so good in singing, he deserved to be heard!

 

They had about six days to rehearse three songs… or they could just do it spontaneously, just like how he winged it the night before.

 

Just as Chanyeol was about to bring it up, the therapist supervising the session suggested that if Kyungsoo was still willing to guide him, he might take Chanyeol out for a walk just as he did the other day.

 

Chanyeol smiled for real. Kyungsoo patted his hand and led him out of the back door, where it opened to the vast garden.

 

“Araseo, be careful… just take a step,” Kyungsoo instructed softly, his eyes on Chanyeol’s feet as they inched on forward. The nearest thing to them was the bench they had sat on previously. He led the CEO there slowly, while letting him use his cane to feel for any obstructions. It took them around 20 minutes to cover that distance. “T-There’s a bench just two feet away. All right... stop.” Then Kyungsoo set his backpack down and turned Park sajangnim for him to sit.

 

Chanyeol did and inhaled heavily. That was hard work. Maybe he wasn’t ready for strolling just yet. But in all fairness, he realized that the cane was helpful in the event that a wheelchair wasn’t available—and Kyungsoo being his eyes. He turned to his left, where he knew the sous chef was sitting. “You’re a bit quiet today... is it because of what I said over the mic last night?”

 

Kyungsoo only gazed at him, couldn’t think of an answer right away. How to refuse such a small—even perfectly achievable—request, compared to what he owed Park sajangnim…?

 

He really shouldn’t let his guilt cloud the message he wanted to get across. He didn’t know what possessed the CEO to make that crazy announcement of singing together.

 

His first thought was Park sajangnim didn’t want to suffer the embarrassment of being made to perform alone, and wanted to punish Kyungsoo along with him.

 

How could that be, though? Kyungsoo recalled how leisurely Park Chanyeol was playing his guitar and singing “Creep” by Radiohead last night, as though he truly enjoyed it, that there was nothing else he would rather be doing that moment.

 

His only regret was forgetting his phone in Chanyeol’s hospital suite that he wasn’t able to take a video of the laidback and completely unforgettable performance. He could only relive it now in his memory, sacred and captivating.

 

He blushed to himself, feeling self-conscious enough as it was, especially now sitting this close to Chanyeol, who appeared as though he walked out of magazine cover just donning a gray sweater and a denim jacket. Compared to the CEO, Kyungsoo looked like a doom of gloom with his all black ensemble of plain shirt and jeans… “Aniya, I’m just…”

 

“Hungry?”

 

Kyungsoo had to chuckle.

 

Chanyeol smiled as his heart did a flip at the shy sound.

 

“Ani.” Kyungsoo tried to change the subject. “Doesn’t it feel nice to sit out here?”

 

Chanyeol turned his face upward to the sun. He relished in the feel of its warmth on his cheeks. “Yes, it does,” he agreed. He closed his eyes and he could picture a massive green field, a breathtaking lake filled with ducklings.

 

Kyungsoo’s voice interrupted his train of thought as he asked, “What are you thinking?”

 

Chanyeol grinned broadly, extending his hand to the east side, his forefinger outstretched. “If I remember correctly, the flowerbeds are over there. I could still smell them from here.” Then he moved his arm to point somewhere in front of him. “An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter