Consequences

When I Look At You - A ChanSoo Fan Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol settled on his new bed, feeling a nurse gently removing the needle of his dextrose from his arm. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was talking to the other medical attendants who had brought him here. The new room felt cozier it seemed, as he felt sunlight touch his arms and his legs. He turned his head to his right, figuring that there was a window where the sun could penetrate through.

 

Kyungsoo’s smile faded as he saw the young CEO looking out the window. He apprehended that Chanyeol couldn’t see the great view that the huge picture window provided. His room was overlooking a green open field where patients and their visitors could go to and relax. “Uh… Park sajangnim… how do you like your new room?”

 

He turned his head to the sound of Kyungsoo’s voice. “It… it might take some getting used to,” he replied quietly. Then he realized he sounded like an ingrate. “B-But I’m sure it’s nice. I like it a little warmer.”

 

Kyungsoo walked nearer to him and touched his arm. “That’s good to hear. It’s actually quite a spacious suite and it has a visiting area. You have your own refrigerator. Maybe I could go to the convenience store downstairs and buy some food for you.”

 

“Andwae, hajima,” Chanyeol said quickly. (No, don’t go.)

 

Then his cheeks burned. He couldn’t help it. He didn’t want Kyungsoo to leave. “I mean… stay with me. I don’t have anyone to talk to…”

 

Kyungsoo’s heart crunched. “I’ll be here, don’t worry.”

 

Just then a nurse came to call Chanyeol for a check-up. Kyungsoo and the nurse helped him into a wheelchair and went with him.

 

It felt more like an interview rather than an actual check-up, to his opinion. Kyungsoo had to be present to mediate as translator. Chanyeol was basically asked by the ophthalmologist to describe what he could see at the moment. Kyungsoo told him that a few objects were presented to him, such as a pencil and a glass of water, but Chanyeol didn’t even give any indication that he recognized them or had any idea that the said objects were right in front of him. Then he was tested for his sense of touch so he could feel around for things. He guessed everything correctly. So did his results for hearing, smelling and tasting. Afterwards, Chanyeol felt like a first-time preschooler...

 

Then he was taken to radiology to take X-rays of his chest and his ribs.

 

After that, Kyungsoo pushed Chanyeol’s wheelchair out of the examination room to return to his hospital suite.

 

Kyungsoo slowed down as he noticed a group of people outside Chanyeol’s room…

 

Chanyeol sensed the change in pace. “What’s the matter?” he whispered to Kyungsoo.

 

“ADUL!”

 

Chanyeol’s elf-like ears perked up. “O-Omma?”

 

The young CEO felt his mother’s familiar arms come around him, picturing Mrs. Park going down on her knees and embracing his tall son as much as she could in her petite frame. “Chanyeol-rah!”

 

Chanyeol sobbed, burying his face instantly in his mother’s neck. “Omma! Omma!” he cried over and over again.

 

Kyungsoo, tearing up himself, backed away slowly, releasing his hold on Chanyeol’s wheelchair as another female, who was clad in an elegant black suit and skirt took over from there.

 

Kyungsoo dismally looked up and found himself eye to eye with Seomse Tokyo’s General Manager. “M-Mr. Rodgers,” he acknowledged nervously.

 

“Kyungsoo,” Tony regarded sullenly. “Let’s talk for a while.”

 

Then the Caucasian manager left with the sous chef for the mother and son to have a more private reunion.

 

Mrs. Park’s secretary delivered Chanyeol into his room, with Mrs. Park holding onto her son’s hand tightly.

 

Then Taeyeon, his mother’s secretary, was assisting Chanyeol to bed. She was puzzled that the young CEO missed the footrest to step on so he could climb onto the high mattress, until Taeyeon subtly guided Chanyeol’s right foot on it.

 

“You didn’t even get injured in the military and now I find my only son’s face bruised and swollen and with broken ribs!” Mrs. Park lamented regretfully.

 

“Omma…” Chanyeol began painstakingly, didn’t even know where to begin telling his mother that broken ribs was the least of his worries as he was fully settled on his bed. “W-Where’s Kyungsoo-ssi?”

 

Mrs. Park sighed, disdain coming over her at the name. “Tony filled me in about our employee, Do Kyungs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter