Progress

When I Look At You - A ChanSoo Fan Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol arrived at Loey Productions, about a week and half later, to find Mackenyu idly playing the guitar in front of his laptop.

 

The older one unceremoniously plopped the bag of snacks from Japan on the younger one’s lap, startling him, but Mackenyu’s face only cracked into a huge grin. “Hyung, smile into the camera!”

 

Chanyeol blinked at him, confused. “Wae?” He leaned in to see Mackenyu on the screen… and himself… with their studio at the background...

 

What the...?

 

“You’re on live stream right now, on my channel!” Mackenyu enthused, pointing at the number of hearts rapidly increasing with comments such as:

 

“SO HANDSOME, OPPA!”

 

“MARRY ME, MACKENYU’S HYUNG!”

 

“KIYOWO!!!”

 

“HOT! HOT! HOT!”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, as he recoiled and backed away until he was out of view. “Turn that off right now!”

 

“That’s my boss, by the way,” Mackenyu blithely announced to his viewers, which were at 140,000 at the moment. “See, he’s real.  I told you he’s even more good-looking than most K-pop idols!  Am I right?  Or am I right?”

 

He only bristled at Chanyeol’s glare at him. “He is Par—”

 

Mackenyu’s voice trailed off, as Chanyeol slid a finger across his neck, soundlessly sending him the warning: YOU-ARE-DEAD, if he compulsively divulged Chanyeol’s name.

 

“—Particularly grumpy right now, so I best get back to work!  Sorry!  Sorry!  I will announce the next live session so stay tuned!  Annyeong, CheeseMacs!” Mackenyu cheekily waved goodbye to his audience, adding a flying kiss to boot before he ended his live session.

 

Chanyeol scowled at him once Mackenyu closed his laptop down.

 

“I’ve disconnected,” Mackenyu assured him. “I promise.”

 

“You call your followers... CheeseMacs?” Chanyeol echoed incredulously, moving to his usual seat beside the studio engineer

 

“The viewers voted on a poll, you see, on what I should call my fam, you know, my subscribers?” Mackenyu was explaining to him, as if he was a grandpa who hailed from the Jurassic ages, while simultaneously setting up the studio’s comprehensive computer software and opening the pending jobs that needed tweaking. 

 

“Don’t tell me all you’ve been doing is go on Youtube the whole time I was gone.”  Chanyeol fetched his headphones to get ready to work.

 

“No, of course not.  I’ve done everything you asked me to, seriously.  Have you known me for slacking?  I just didn’t know you would be back today already,” Mackenyu was telling him, as Chanyeol’s eyes wandered over the messy pile of the younger one’s ever growing manga collection in a corner.

 

He swore this kid treated their workspace as if it was his own home.  He was much too lenient as a boss.  However, he did ask the younger one for a special favor, just before he left for his business trip. “Yah, is that my notebook under there?”

 

A slight panic came over Mackenyu’s face when Chanyeol pulled it out and flipped through its pages. Hyung frowned even more when the older one noticed that nothing had changed or even been added.  There were only the lyrics of “What If” on the first page and something Kyungsoo had written in Japanese on the last.

 

“Have you finished translating this?” Chanyeol asked, slightly confused.

 

“I have,” Mackenyu answered immediately.

 

“So… where is it?”

 

Mackenyu awkwardly scratched his head. “How… important is it?  Do you require a deadline?”

 

Chanyeol felt a slight blush creep up on his cheeks for some reason. It… wasn’t important… or maybe it was, but that was beside the point. He had asked Mackenyu to do it over a week ago.  And yes, he had not known the kid to slack off, even if he was playful and carefree by nature. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter