Visitor

When I Look At You - A ChanSoo Fan Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One more month passed, as it was the last day of June. Chanyeol’s condition continued to improve, as Dr. Kim Minseok had forecasted. With his protective sunglasses on all the time, Chanyeol had even started to read again. Only he couldn’t do it very well because he would still experience image distortion sometimes, which made shapes blurry and unrecognizable, but his doctor assured him that it was perfectly normal.

 

He had been able to see what Kyungsoo scarcely looked like, from their photo together at Haneda airport on the lock screen of his cell phone. He didn’t have the heart to change it, even after all this time. Kyungsoo was indeed adorable—Chanyeol even found him handsome—his heart-shaped smile was so kind. It made Chanyeol want to see him in person even more.

 

He was often found strumming his guitar now, his lyrics still stuck up until the part that Kyungsoo had sung. He gradually started listening to the mp3’s again, remembering that Kyungsoo had given it to him in good faith. Whatever was the reason that he was not speaking to him again or contacting him might have been grave, so Chanyeol tried not to assume the worst of him.

 

They would be able to talk again when the right time came.

 

He really should do something more productive with his days, rather than moping around and going to his medical appointments. He took out the notebook where Kyungsoo had written the lyrics down, attempting to find inspiration and to let the words flow…

 

He placed the notebook on his lap and reached for his guitar. The notebook fell on the floor.

 

Chanyeol was about to fetch it when he noticed that the notebook had landed on the last page.

 

“What the…?” He wondered out loud, picking it up thoughtfully as he skimmed through the handwriting. It wasn’t Korean, but it looked familiar.

 

He compared it to Kyungsoo’s handwriting on the first page and found it relatively the same. The letters were small and even and pretty.

 

Well, it WAS Kyungsoo’s notebook, so perhaps it was Kyungsoo who had written this… and it was in Japanese.

 

Was it a translation of his song lyrics?

 

It couldn’t be, because the one on the last page was much longer than the Korean version…

 

Just then, Bok Hee knocked on his bedroom door and opened it. “Chanyeollie, you have a visitor.”

 

He looked up to the nanny in confusion, but exited his room to see who it was. “Jae-wook hyung.”

 

“Chanyeol-rah,” the head chef greeted, standing up to shake the younger man’s hand. He smiled when he saw that Chanyeol was wearing sunglasses and now walking without a cane, which meant that the CEO was able to see his surrounding considerably.“I just came by, before I fly off to Tokyo for my new post.”

 

“Oh, already? You must have been very busy, for the move and all.” Chanyeol gripped hyung’s hand firmly. “Well, take care.”

 

“Maybe visit the new site when you are able to,” Jae-wook invited. “I am glad that you are recovering well.”

 

“Kamsa-hamnida,” Chanyeol said graciously. They were civil with each other, at most. Out of all the Seo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter