campfire (wenrene)

red book (one shot collection)

 

yes i know it's been a while but enjoy this i guess

 

 

 


 

 

Seungwan poked around in the campfire with a stick as Joohyun slowly approached the former. Joohyun couldn't sleep and neither could Seungwan. Joohyun sat down next to the younger on the log which was placed in front of the campfire. She had a blanket wrapped around her. It was 3 am after all and it was cold as hell. (And Joohyun hates, hates cold.)

 

 


“Hey,” Seungwan said and smiled a little at Joohyun. The older's heart jumped a tiny bit at the younger's sweet smile. “Hey,” Joohyun replied. It was silent. Only the crackling of the campfire could be heard while everybody else was sleeping. “Aren’t you cold?” Seungwan asked. Joohyun shook her head and continued poking around in the fire.

 

 


“How long have you been out here for?”

“2 hours? Maybe three, I don’t know.”

“Oh…”

 


Silence. Joohyun shuffled her feet and looked around. She then peeked over at the younger and noticed how she was shivering a little. Joohyun reached out and put Seungwan's hand on hers.


Joohyun gasped. “You’re freezing!”



Joohyun quickly wrapped Seungwan blanket around them, forcing the two to sit closer together. Seungwan didn't even have a chance to say anything, that’s how quickly Joohyun had wrapped the younger up in the former's blanket with her.



“Why are you out here?” Seungwan asked after some time and looked at Joohyun. The older's eyes followed the small sparks and smoke which drifted up into the sky. “I can’t sleep,” Joohyun replied, not even noticing how Seungwan was looking at her. “Why are you out here?” Joohyun asked, returning the question.



“There’s something on my mind that keeps me awake.”




Joohyun turned to Seungwan, interested in hearing what that thing keeping the younger from sleeping could be. Seungwan let out a small sigh at the older's curious stare.




“I’m confused,” Seungwan started and stared into the fire. “You know when you look at someone and just forget everything around you? You forget that you’re hungry, you forget that you’re cold, you forget that you’re sad. You’re completely numb and can hear your blood rushing and feel your heart beating; you can feel every breath you take and can feel how the oxygen flows through your blood; you can feel how your brain shuts everything and everyone else out and only focuses on that one person.”




Joohyun's eyes were fixed on Seungwan's as the latter was pouring out her feelings to the former.

 


“When your whole body starts going crazy and you feel happy and sad at the same time despite not being able to feel anything; when your palms get sweaty and your cheeks get pink just at the thought of someone; when that person’s name becomes your favorite thing to hear.” Seungwan stopped and turned to look at Joohyun, eyes glistening. “Do you know that?” the younger asked, voice a little quieter.
 


Joohyun nodded her head, not being able to utter a word as all the things Seungwan had just listed were going on in her body and head all at once. Joohyun stared into Seungwan's eyes, heart racing.



“That’s how I feel when I look at you,” Seungwan finally said and swallowed hard.
 


Joohyun looked at Seungwan as she felt the younger take her hand underneath the blanket. Seungwan carefully leaned towards Joohyun, aware of her every movement. When Joohyun didn't move away, the younger continued leaning in and only stopped as the tip of Seungwan's nose brushed Joohyun's.



"Can I kiss you?" Seungwan asked quietly, almost unheard by the older. Joohyun nodded, making eye contact with Seungwan.


Joohyun's breath got caught in as she felt Seungwan's soft lips push against her. Joohyun's tense body relaxed and she pushed her lips against Seungwan with a little more force. Seungwan immediately responded and put her hand on the side of Joohyun's face. Joohyun's hands carefully ran up the younger's neck before she rested them on Seungwan's shoulders.


Seungwan moved her lips against Joohyun and the older melted into the kiss. Seungwan slowly pulled back and looked at Joohyun. Her cheeks were pink and her lips were glistening. Seungwan smiled a little and the older returned Seungwan's smile before she yawned. “Let’s sleep,” Seungwan said and Joohyun nodded, rubbing her eyes. Seungwan kissed Joohyun's temple before the two got up to go to bed.

 

 

 

 


 

 

this is so CUTE

hey i hope yall are doing fine <3

anyways im thinking of ending this on the 20th chapter but how do you guys think? should i, or shouldn't i? 

comments are appreciated ^^

bye