purple clouds (wenrene)

red book (one shot collection)


inspired by purple and... clouds? (mainly irene) 
beware, we're going into an angsty ride
just don't cry yall 

 

 

note; this is a second pov, so irene is 'you' here

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

You always said that you want to see the sunset, for the last time. 


You always said that you want her to be by your side as until you close and you took your last breath. 

 

She won't leave you because she loved you too much. 

 

 

 


It was evening. 

 

 


Your head was leaning against Wendy's shoulder, your back pushed against her chest. Her arms were wrapped around your waist and your hands were on top of hers which were resting on your stomach. You too sat on the rooftop. Your favourite cartoon blanket was draped on your legs as you stared the sky, watching the sun slowly went down and turned the clouds to beautiful colours. You smiled softly as you watched the beautiful scene and Wendy took your hand over hers. 


"Babe, look, it's purple clouds." You said and turned you head a little. 

 

You looked at your girlfriend and she smiled before leaning to kiss you. You smiled against her lips as you watch the sunset. You smiled as you keep your eyes on the sky. Wendy buried her nose to your hair and closed her eyes. She let go of your hands to wrap her hands around you tightly. 

 

 

Taking a deep breath, she said, "You always smell so good. Whenever I get back home, I always go straight to you to hug you because your touch and your scent always makes me feel calm and secured."

 

 


Looking at her, you said, "That is why I'm letting you steal my favourite clothes. And your smell has stucked to my clothes too."

 


"Hey! I do smell nice, and you always steal my hoodie," 

"It's because yours are too comfortable," you replied and she snugged closer to you. 

 

 

Burying her face on your neck, she exhaled hot air onto your skin and you squirmed in her grip, giggling a little. You turned around and then kneeling in front of her. Your hands were on her nape as you leaned in. You kissed him softly and felt her smile. She pulled you closer to her, chest to chest. Yet she always tried to get closer to you, his grip tightening around you. She didn't want to let you go. 

 


"I don't wanna lose you," she whispered once you had pulled back. You cupped her face in your hands and rested your forehead against hers. 

"You won't, Wendy." you replied and fought so hard not to cry when she looked at you so lovingly.


You ran your thumb across her cheek. Your hands were cold. 

 

"I love you."


You smiled at her words and put your hands over hers. 


"I love you." you replied and you leaned in for another kiss. 


"Your hands are ice cold, let's get you back inside, okay?" Wendy said and was about to get up but you stopped her. 

 


"No, I want to see the purple clouds again."

 

 

Wendy gave in to you. She sat back down and you leaned against her. The hours flew by and neither of you felt tired at all. You played a few games, talked about everything and cuddled and kissed a lot. 


"The sun will rise soon," Wendy said and looked at you. 

Your face was paler than before. 

"Baby, are you alright?" You nodded. 


You started coughing. Your whole body was trembling in her hands. You slowly calmed down and quickly wiped your mouth with your sleeve. "Just a little tired," you said, your voice weak. 


Wendy kept you close to her as you two waited for the sun to rise. She then checked you every now and then. Finally, the sky started to light up. It changed colours again. From an almost dark to dark blue. The blue got lighter and lighter until it became purple. The colour you liked. 


"Purple clouds." Wendy said and you nodded your head. 


Your eyes were looking at the sky as Wendy kept her eyes on you. 

"Can you promise me something?"

"What is it, love?"

You looked at her. 

 

"Promise me to be happy," you caressed her cheek. 


You slowly leaned in and breathed a chaste kiss on her lips before you collapsed. Your eyes were shut as your body leaned against him. 


"Babe?"


You didn't react and Wendy cradled you in her arms. She pressed her lips against your forehead as her body started shaking and tears started to flowing down her cheek. 

"You can't leave now, the sun hasn't risen completely yet," she sobbed. 


She rocked back and forth with your lifeless body in her arms. She looked up at the sky. 

 

She saw you in the clouds. 


She saw your smile. 


You were smiling at her. 


She picked you up and kept you close to her as she took shaky steps towards the edge. She saw your face and smiled. 

 

Promise me to be happy. 

 

 

 

 

 

----

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

whoa..... i didn't expect this to be so sad