memory (wenrene)

red book (one shot collection)

 

 

 

irene was scared as she spotted her again. 

 


months ago, irene had gotten out of the hospital and since then, this blonde had been following her. irene had gotten into a severe accident and almost half of her memories were wiped out. and that part had contained her friends and other relationships she had. 

 


slowly, everything was coming back and she recognized some of her friends when they visited her at the hospital. but this frail blonde, that has been following her had been sitting next to her bed when irene woke up on the fifth day in the hospital. the blonde said that she is irene's girlfriend, but everything was not clicking. she did not remember her at all.


why can't she remember the love of her life? 


why did she felt so.... distant yet so....sorrowful? 


even irene's best friend, jennie told her how much she loved the blonde and cried so much for it? 

it was seulgi and joy's friend.

yeri's favourite unnie.

 


her name was son wendy, but jennie said irene prefer to call her seungwan.

 


why i can't remember her?

 

when irene was out of the hospital, she saw her everywhere but she never made an effort to talk to irene or even hide whenever the older saw her. seungwan just looked at her with sad eyes. 

 


irene felt hurt when she saw those eyes. as if she can feel the pain. but as much she tried, she can't remember her. 

 

the older saw her again, sitting at the corner part of the coffee shop she was at. irene can't lie that she doesn't feel like she was stalked by the younger. so she took a deep breath before standing up, grabbing her coffee and walking towards seungwan. 

 

irene saw her eyes widened as she was getting closer. the older sat down across from seungwan. 

 

 

"look, i know you feel sad about me not remembering you but can you stop following me wherever i go? do you have a tracker app on you? i'm sorry for not remembering you, no matter how hard i tried, my head feels like it's gonna burst." irene glares, tried to told seungwan as nice as she could, but this behaviour made her insecure. she can't hold it anymore.

 


but seungwan didn't faltered. instead, she smiled a little. 

 


"can i show you something?" seungwan pulled her phone from her pocket. she turned it on, and looked for something. she then placed her phone onto the table, turned it around and pushed it to irene's direction. 

 

"this is a picture of us in switzerland. we went double date with jennie and jisoo. you were scared to death because of the height. you were so cute then."

 

"can i?" irene asked and seungwan nodded. the older picked up her phone and took a closer look at it. irene's phone had been destroyed in the accident, so everything can't be saved. even her number had changed. irene handed back the phone, confused. seungwan then looked for something again. 

 


"this is our messages, from the start until... you know," she said and handed her phone again. 


she scrolled the chat. she read everything. every single one. 

 


"baby you know what?"

"what?"

"you're the best thing that ever happened to me."

 


but irene couldn't remember anything about her. no sparks. no excitement. 

 

and then she scrolled to the last message, it was from seungwan. 

 

 

how long before i am just a memory? please remember me. 

 


but irene knew, the message did not reach her. 

 


irene put down her phone. "i'm really sorry.. can you tell me about us?"

 

seungwan smiled brighter than before. 

 


"you were this really attractive unnie and you took my breath away, like literally, i forgot to breathe until seulgi hit my head with her book. what made me fell in love with you was when you stood up for me when i was doing my job and you were so brave.... you made me fall in love with you, 

deeper than ever. can't blame myself for it."

 

 

seungwan then told how she confessed to her, their first kiss, their first anniversary, everything. time flew by as irene listened to the younger, fascinated by how they both had been in love. if only seungwan didn't have to told her about this... 

 

 

"i'm sorry for acting like a stalker, i just feel so sad and i missed you so much... but it feels nice reliving the memories. can we be friends again? but no stalking." seungwan smiled.


irene giggled, "yeah, sure."

 

seungwan dropped her at her home. they exchanged numbers before parting. 


seungwan looked at irene who was walking through the complex where she lived, and she never felt alive than this. maybe they deserve another chance. 

 


---

 

it was a living room, with minimal decorations here and there. and then, there was two people verbally fighting with each other at the kitchen. 

 

"this is what i want, wendy!"

 

"and what about me? you're going to leave me here?"

 

"i'm not leaving you! why can't you understand?"

 

"it's dangerous! it's an active war zone! why can't you work here at your father's hospital with me?"

 

"because i want to! i told you i want to save people's lives, and now you're against it? for god's sake, wendy!"

 

"fine! if you wanna go there so bad, then don't bother coming back to me."

 

that was all wendy said before irene left the home, before the accident happened. 

 

 

---

 

 


irene woke up, sweating and panting. she sat up as soon as she woke up. 

 

bad dream. 


her heart skips a beat.

 

she remembers her. 

 

everything came back to her mind, those happy memories, the girl that she loves so much. 

irene started to cry when she remembered how hard it was for seungwan to endure this alone. 

 

i'm so sorry, my love... 

 

 


hours later, seungwan arrived at her apartment after irene called her, crying badly.


"hey, what happened?" was the first thing the younger said after the older opened the door. 


irene then hugged seungwan tightly. 

 


"i finally remember you, wan-ah. i'm sorry... i won't leave you anymore."

 

seungwan hugged the older, kissing her cheek. "thank you for remembering me, babe."

 

 

---


this is the longest huh /applause/

stay safe everyone. 

don't be mad at me *devil laugh*

bye