House

Stargazer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 16

House

 

Jisoo took a couple of deep breaths before she pressed the doorbell.

If V is sick… he must be in bed right? Who will open the door then? She should have thought of this.

Jisoo sighed. What is she going to do now?

Jisoo stood there for a while before she thought of trying to enter the passcode on the gate. Maybe… just maybe… she could guess the passcode.

Jisoo first tried V’s birthdate but it did not work.

“He’s too smart to just put his birthday… It should be something complicated… hmm…” Jisoo tried to think of some other number combinations. “Maybe Polaris’ date of establishment?”

Jisoo searched on her phone. She tried to enter another combination but it also did not work.

Jisoo sighed. Should she call Jimin? Maybe Jimin knows? But this is V’s house… he’s probably not going to share that info to his secretary.

What was the passcode five years ago? Jisoo tried to remember.

Oh right… Their wedding. It was the date of their wedding.

She was such a fool to put that as the passcode. She had to enter that number combination on this same door so many times before. That’s why until now, she couldn’t forget the date of that wedding.

Jisoo took a deep breath.

“Fine. It won’t hurt to try right?”

So Jisoo entered the date of their wedding. And then the door opened.

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

What?

That actually worked?

So the passcode is still… their wedding?

Did V not know how to change the passcode?

Jisoo walked inside the garden, but it was a bit dark. She entered the house hesitantly. The lights were off. So she tried to reach the wall the way she used to five years ago and felt the switch. She turned the light on and then held her breath…

The house…

It looked so much like the way it was five years ago…

It looked like nothing changed.

 “Wow… ”

Jisoo took a moment to look around. Even the sofa is the same… the carpet is the same… Did V not have time to upgrade his house?

Jisoo walked on and stopped by the kitchen.

This… is the place she spent so much time in… she cooked so many food that got wasted… she even fell asleep so many times on the kitchen table while waiting for V….

Jisoo felt locked as tears slowly fell from her eyes.

So many memories came crashing on her one after another. Each part of this house was filled with memories…

Jisoo wiped her eyes as she turned towards the stairs. She has to focus. She’s here for work. She’s here to find V.

And also… she just wants to make sure he’s all right… He IS her Boss.

Jisoo was about to step on the stairs when she saw something familiar… a pink pair of slippers.

“A woman?”

So he brought home a woman? Is Lisa here? Jisoo’s chest tightened at the thought. Well he’s sick right? So Lisa must be here? Oh no! What will Lisa think if she learns Jisoo knows the passcode of the house?

Jisoo sighed. Should she just go out now while Lisa hasn’t seen her yet?

Jisoo stared at the slippers. She used to have a pair of pink slippers also back then. Five years ago, she would put her pink slippers by the stairs. They had hello kitty characters and they were furry.

Jisoo’s eyes narrowed as she looked at the slippers more closely.

The slippers are furry… and it had hello kitty characters!

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

Is this her slippers?

Jisoo took a deep breath as tried the slippers on.

Perfect fit! And the feel of it…was so familiar.

But why? Why will V keep her slippers? Why did he not throw it away?

Jisoo took calming breaths.

She should not over think about this right? She can’t find a logical reason why but she should not over analyze…

If these slippers are indeed hers… then Lisa may not be in the house.

Jisoo took courage and climbed the stairs. And because it was her house, she knew where the master’s bedroom was. She went to it. She tried the door knob and it wasn’t locked. She slowly opened the door. It was dark. So Jisoo, opened one of the lights.  She saw V lying on bed alone. Jisoo slowly walked towards the bed. She saw V’s eyes slowly opening. It seems like opening the light disturbed his sleep.

“Sir…” said Jisoo

“Jisoo…” V’s voice was course and faint. He looked terrible… like he’s really feeling awful.

Jisoo felt a tug in her chest.

“Sir… I am so sorry for coming all the way here but…”

“Ah… now I’m hallucinating…” said V. “Or are you the angel of death?”

Huh?

“Why do you look like Kim Jisoo?” asked V. “Ah… I know… because you want to give me a blessing before you take me to hell.”

V smiled.

“Indeed… this is the perfect blessing.”

Jisoo sighed.

“Sir. I am not the angel of death. And I am not an illusion. I am really here. Kim Jisoo. Your part time secretary.” Said Jisoo.

V’s brows closed in.

“No… Jisoo wouldn’t…”

“I almost didn’t.” said Jisoo. “But you have to approve so many items. The system went down and no other approver can do it except your username, Sir.”

V seemed to have tried to absorb Jisoo’s words. She could see V trying to understand what she means. And after a long time, V finally looked at Jisoo.

“You… are Jisoo…” said V

Jisoo sighed.

“Yes Sir.” Said Jisoo. “Your part time secretary.”

“My wife?”

Jisoo’s eyes widened. And then she gulped.

“Was… your wife. Not anymore, remember? The divorce?”

Jisoo cleared . Is he actually not in his right frame of mind?

“Jisoo… I hope you did not find it hard to locate my house.” Said V

Ahh… there. His mind is still working.

“I didn’t.” said Jisoo. “Not when it’s a very familiar house.”

V chuckled but it came out as cough instead.

“I bet you did not expect that.” Said V.

“I didn’t. I thought you hated this house.” Said Jisoo “I thought once I left this place, you would soon leave it as well.”

“Nope. I loved it. Love every memory in it.” Said V

Jisoo felt that squeeze in her chest. Why… will he say that?

“You’re really sick.” Said Jisoo.

Jisoo touched V’s forehead. V’s fever is high. Worry filled Jisoo’s chest. The fever has to go down.

Jisoo reminded herself that the reason why she has to help lower the fever is because she wants him to be in his right frame of mind to give the approvals.

“When did you last eat?” asked Jisoo

“Can’t… remember.”

“Where do you keep medicines?” asked Jisoo

“Maybe in the bathroom cabinet… can’t remember if I still have meds…maybe expired… I don’t get sick.” Said V

“Well you are sick. And if we want Polaris to still function tomorrow, you have to get better.” Sid Jisoo

Jisoo tied her hair and went to the bathroom. She was about to open the cabinet when she saw a pink toothbrush beside V’s. She took hold of it and bit her lip hard.

It was hers… it was her toothbrush… it was her toothbrush which looked like a wand that she specifically bought abroad in one of her vacation trips…

Why… did he not throw it away?

Jisoo opened the cabinet and saw…

Are these her skin care products? What are they still doing in the cabinet? They must be expired already by now.

If there’s anything Jisoo knows about V, V is a clean freak. He will not stand anything messy. And these… her slippers, her toothbrush… even these skin care products are all garbage to him.

Why did he not throw them out yet?

“Did you find it?” V called.

Jisoo sighed.

She has to focus on making V get better. The questions have to wait.

--------------

 

Jisoo went out of the bathroom.

"I found one. It's the only one that's not expired." Said Jisoo

"All right..." V closed his eyes.

"You have to eat first." Said Jisoo. "I'll just look and see if there's anything in your kitchen."

“You…you’ll cook for me?” asked V, his eyes closed.

“Yes… maybe.” Said Jisoo.

Jisoo turned to leave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter