Village

Stargazer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**Thank you for all your comments Guys! :D

Hey Dear Reader! Did you notice the new cover photo for this story? It was created by one of my readers, brighout27. :D Thank you so much for sharing your talent with me. :D 

 

 

 

Chapter 11

Village



Jennie put her plan in place. She had made sure that V will not get the chance to be close to Jisoo Eonnie whatever happens. Rosé told her the entire story and she became so furious after. How can a man use Eonnie like she's just a thing?! How can he do that knowing Eonnie loved him?

Jennie remembered the tears she saw in the CEO's eyes when he pulled away from Jisoo that night of the workshop. She knew that perhaps there's also a side to the story she doesn't know, the CEO's side. But what he did to Eonnie in the past is unforgivable. He should not be given the chance to hurt Eonnie again.

All day whenever V would come and check on them, she would block his view. Whenever he comes in and talks to Jisoo, Jennie would in and answer in behalf of Jisoo. There was never a time Jennie allowed Jisoo to be alone, even in the rest room.

"Are you all right?" Asked Jisoo.
"Ummm yeah." Said Jennie "why?"
"You seem to be extra clingy today." Said Jisoo
"Oh... I... my period is coming. I'm emotionally unstable." Said Jennie, laughing nervously. "Do you mind me being clingy?"
Jisoo smiled.
"Not at all."

-------

That night Jennie and Rosé went to Jisoo’s house to visit Aunt Sonia and also.,.. for another ulterior motive.

“Wow… why did you bring so many fruits?” asked Sonia.

“Jisoo Eonnie said you love oranges so we brought some. These are not many Auntie.” Said Rosé. “Besides, we like seeing you smile.”

Jennie nodded.

“You cook for us often. Your dishes are even better than some restaurants. These fruits are but nothing compared to your cooking , Auntie.” Said Jennie.

“They’re trying to ask you to cook for them more often, Mom.” Said Jisoo, laughing.

Sonia laughed.

“I don’t mind at all. I like it when I see you happy eating what I cooked.” Said Sonia

“How is your work, Auntie?” asked Rosé

“It’s good. My Boss  is a new mom. She stays at home taking care of her baby. Her husband is very busy. I only saw him once or twice.” Said Sonia. “They’re very considerate. And the wife likes my cooking. She has a party to organize  in her house soon. She’s asking  me to cook for her guests.”

“But Mom… that’s heavy work.” Said Jisoo a bit alarmed.

“Don’t worry. My Boss hired two helpers on that day to help me. I will let them do the hard work.” Said Sonia.

Jennie and Rosé exchanged a look and nodded at each other.

“It’s good that the rich people you work for are very kind Auntie. I hope to find a husband who is also kind.” Said Jennie. “How about you Eonnie, have you considered getting married again?”

Jisoo’s eyes widened. That question came out of nowhere.

“With the way I look? Who would even look at me?” asked Jisoo

“I’ve told her many times to go on dates.” Said Sonia.

“I agree with Auntie.” Said Rosé. “You definitely should go on dates, Eonnie. It’s been a long time. And I’m pretty sure there are so many men out there who would love you.”

“See, even your friends agree.” Said Sonia.

Jisoo sighed.

“Don’t give me that look, Jisoo.” Said Sonia. “You are still young. You’re 27. You’re acting like an old widow like me.”

Rosé nodded.

“Auntie is right, Eonnie. Just try it. Go on a date or two. Experience what it is like to be a woman again.” Said Rosé. “I will help you get ready on your dates.”

“Me too! This is so exciting!” said Jennie

“I am not the way I used to be… I don’t think I can talk to people… I don’t think anyone is going to like me.” Said Jisoo

“We will fix your hair.” Said Jennie. “And put a little makeup. Besides, you just need to expose yourself again… you wouldn’t be able to talk to people if you keep distancing away.”

“Eonnie. Don’t worry. We will help you.” said Rosé.

“And you know what the good news is?” asked Jennie. “One of my Uncles is actually employed in a match making agency. I can submit your name to him and we’ll see if he finds you a match!”

“No!” Jisoo sounded alarmed. “Don’t you ever do that.”

Jennie smiled.

“Umm… well then I guess this is a confession…” said Jennie, biting her lip. “Because I actually already did.”

Jisoo closed her eyes as dread poured over her.

-----------------

 

V is getting frustrated. The past days, he felt a wall. Whenever he tries to connect with Jisoo, something blocks his way! What is going on?

Tonight... it's only him and Jisoo. For sure they're finally going to have time together! He wants to see her... even just to watch her work is enough consolation for him...

V received a message on his phone. It was from Jennie of the marketing team.

"Sir, we are doing over time in the office right now, the entire team. We want to present the reports to you tomorrow morning."

The entire team?!

V growled!

What is wrong?! Why can't he have time with Jisoo?

Is fate his enemy? It had always been his enemy. Why can't it be a bit friendlier to him!

-------

Jisoo was cramming a day after they presented some marketing strategy adjustments to V. She missed two nights of her secretary duties and now the reports she has to finish are all piled up!

Jisoo worked on them all night. She immediately sent the reports to V that morning. But an out of office auto reply went to her inbox. V is apparently on vacation for three days!

Oh no...

The reports need urgent approval. He is going to check his email right?

Jisoo bit her nails. She has to make sure. So she went to see secretary Jimin who was in the finance department of Polaris.

"Oh... well this time of the year he is in the welcome village. He'll be gone for three days." Said Jimin

"But he checks his mail right?" Asked Jisoo

Jimin sighed.

"Unfortunately, when he's in that village, he turns all his gadgets off, even his phone." Said Jimin

Oh no...

"But the reports..."

"I usually submit the reports to him ahead of his vacation."said Jimin. "I'm sorry this is happening. I'm pretty sure doing the marketing work and these reports are too heavy for you."

Oh no... she's going to cause trouble because she submitted the reports late! Sone of the reports even pertain to employee payroll! They can't be late!

"Where... where is that village again?" Asked Jisoo

-------

It was such a hard to find village. Jisoo took the bus. It was a three hour trip. Plus, she had to take a cab going to the village itself. It took another hour. By the time Jisoo reached the village, she was dead tired. She worked all night the night before to finish the reports. Right now all she wants is to sleep. It's nine in the evening. But no! She can't! Not yet!

She has to find V.

But first... where to start...

Jisoo saw a small convenience store and bought water inside. As she was paying, she took courage to ask.

"Ajumma, Is there a hotel here?"

V probably stays in a hotel.

"No. it's a very small village. There's no hotel here."

Oh no... where is she going to stay tonight?

"Where are you from? You're not from here. In this village we know every one." Said the old woman managing the store.

"No I'm not... I'm here looking for my Boss. He's having a vacation here." Said Jisoo. "Wait! You know everyone here right?"

"I just said that."

"Then you must know if there is a stranger around right? Do you know my Boss? V?" Asked Jisoo

"V?"

The old woman looked like she did not have a clue.

Jisoo sighed.

"He's a tall guy... looks like a boss... he walks with authority...ummm handsome... I mean.... very handsome." Said Jisoo

"You mean someone like him?" The old woman pointed to the guy behind Jisoo who was about to pay a big pack of chips.

Jisoo's eyes widened.

"Ya Taehyung ah. Do you know this girl?" Asked the old woman

Jisoo gulped...

V?! Oh no... did he hear what she just said about him?

V's lips lifted into a smile.

He did!

Oh no...

Jisoo felt extreme heat of embarrassment climbed to her cheeks.

"Sir.." she said gulping.

"She seems to be looking for you." Said the old woman.

V walked towards her. Jisoo took a step back.

"I'm sorry for disturbing your vacation Sir... but... the reports have to be approved by you... and I'm sorry I just finished them this morning. Sir Jimin told me you..."

V kept moving and Jisoo felt the wall behind her.

"He said you don't check your mails when you're here... but the reports... they are urgent."

V stopped in front of Jisoo when his feet was barely a feet away from Jisoo's.

"Umm... sorry... Sir." Jisoo's voice was close to a squeak now.

The smile on V's lips never faded.

"I know her Auntie." Said V. "I know this one well."

"I thought it's one of those women who are stalking you." Said the Ajumma.

V winced. Jisoo's eyes widened.

"This one looks different from all of them though." Said the Ajumma

Jisoo sighed.

"It's because I'm not one of them." Said Jisoo.

"Yes. She's not." Said V

Jisoo felt her heart sink with those words. She definitely is not one of those pretty and hot women...Jisoo looked away.

"If you'll just look at the reports quickly, Sir. I will go away as soon as you approve them." Said Jisoo.

The smile on V's lips are gone now as Jisoo's cold words hit him.

"Ajumma, me and Miss Kim here will be busy the entire night." Said V. "Don't let anyone disturb us."

Jisoo's eyes thinned, her brows closed in.

"You naughty boy." Said the Ajumma

"What?" Jisoo felt confused all of a sudden. She tried to look at the Ajumma to explain. "It's for the reports. Only for the reports."

The Ajumma smiled maliciously.

Jisoo's eyes rolled.

-------

V was walking ahead, Jisoo is following him behind. They've been walking for 15 minutes now. As tired as Jisoo felt, she can't just rest and be left behind.

Jisoo looked around... this does not look like a vacation spot. It's an ordinary small village. Why is he taking a vacation here?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter