Apartment

Stargazer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

** This chapter is longer than usual.  ;)

 

 

Chapter 14

Apartment


V could see everyone's nervous reaction. They've just evaluated the marketing team's performance for the past month and after much deliberation, there was a 5% increase in sales. But no one was certain whether V found the 5% significant or not.

"I want to be honest here." Said V "We could have done better. I think that if there was more push in some area, you could have reached a 10%."

The members of the team looked worried. They know their tenure is on V's hands.

"However, the 5% increase means 60,000 Dollars. And that's a significant amount for a small company like Diamond Skin who has debts to pay. I must say that that's a good achievement."

Smiles started to appear on the team's faces.

"Good job. But remember. Your target is 10%. You have to do better this month."

"Yes Sir." Everyone answered.

V saw Jisoo sharing a joyful laughter with her teamates and V felt his chest squeezed.

 
She's beautiful... specially when she looks happy. And he gave her this moment... it made him feel happy inside that he was the one who gave her that smile.

---------

V was watching Jisoo as she worked in front of him that night. She was so focused. But also, she kept on yawning.

V took some pieces of candies and placed them in front of Jisoo.

"Sugar will help." Said V

Jisoo took a piece and pop it on .

"Thank you." Said Jisoo

V walked around to look at the report Jisoo was working. He saw she was half way done. She's working faster and faster as days go by.

"Your column F seems to have an incorrect formula. You may want to double check." Said V

Jisoo did check and realized a mistake but she couldn't figure out how to correct it.

V leaned down on her back reaching for the keyboard in front of her from behind her, his arms on each of her sides. Jisoo can almost feel V's cheek on hers. And then He started typing.

This feeling...

Jisoo... could feel V's warmth all over her... she felt like she's enveloped in his arms. She could smell him all over her... a faint masculine perfume and a scent that is familiarly his...

Jisoo closed her eyes.

Why does this feel... good? Comforting... she should be threatened. She should be running away. But she feels like she's being cradled.

And then she felt cold. When she opened her eyes, V is standing beside her facing her, his eyes staring at her.

"I wonder what runs in your mind when you're looking like that... your eyes closed and your lips slightly parted." Said V.

Jisoo tried to look away but V touched her chin and faced her to him.

"Don't pretend you don't feel anything." Said V. "You're not good in lying."

And then someone spoke from the door.

"You should be careful. Seeing you like this will make people misunderstand."

Jisoo immediately stood up to see Lisa by the door, her arms across her chest.

"Fortunately for you, I am not the kind who makes conclusions base on just a single moment that I could have misunderstood." Said Lisa.

V sighed standing straight.

"I was correcting the mistake in Miss Kim's report." Said V. "A door has a purpose. You knock before you enter."

"I did." Said Lisa. "But you perhaps been too occupied."

V walked towards Lisa.

"Miss Kim is finalizing a report. Should we talk elsewhere?" Asked V

Lisa smiled, her arms dropped to her side.

"Sure." She said. "It seems talking to you alone is interesting."

V turned back to Jisoo.

"You're almost done with the report. Send it to me after."

And then V and Lisa left Jisoo alone in the office. Jisoo took a deep breath.

Oh no...

What must Miss Lisa be thinking? She saw V touching Jisoo's chin right?

Oh no....

----------


Jisoo sighed as she stared at the computer. The report kept having an imbalance. She couldn't figure out where she got wrong!

And then she smelt something so fragrant she had to look up where it was coming from.

Miss Thailand. It was probably an expensive perfume

"Hi Miss Jisoo. You're still here? I was expecting every one to have gone home by now." Said Lisa

Can Jisoo tell Lisa her job as the secretary of the CEO has just started an hour ago tonight?

"Umm... I usually take an overtime." Said Jisoo. "Are you here to see Sir V?"

"Yes."

"His meeting is running late. He'll be here any moment now. " said Jisoo

Lisa nodded. And then she started staring at Jisoo.

"Do you usually work directly in front of the CEO? Inside his office?" Asked Lisa

"Oh!" Jisoo stood up. "I am still new to this job so the CEO usually checks my work very often. It was convenient to work closely."

Lisa bit her lip.

"Well... but since Mr. V said you're a fast learner, you will eventually take your seat outside right?" Asked Lisa

Jisoo felt dark clouds coming.

"Yes. Of course, Miss Lisa."

"Lisa. Call me Lisa. Can I call you Jisoo?" Asked Lisa

"Ummm yes."

"Good. I want us to be close friends Jisoo." Said Lisa

Lisa took a seat in front of Jisoo.

"I hope you don't find me being too nosy. I am just protecting your reputation as well as Mr. V." Said Lisa. "Your set up here as his secretary is odd and may rouse gossips."

Jisoo nodded.

"Thank you for your concern." Said Jisoo

"Now tell me Jisoo, I heard you also work for Diamond Skin."said Lisa

How did she learn that?

"And I heard Mr. V is also personally training your team there." Said Lisa. "You have so much interaction with the CEO. I bet no other executive of the company gets to have that much time with the CEO as you."

Jisoo gulped. Is this an interrogation? Why is Miss Lisa this interested in her interaction with Sir V?

"It's just coincidence." Said Jisoo

"From how you two acted last night, it appears you two are closer than you claim." Said Lisa

Jisoo's eyes widened. Did the CEO plan this? Did he intentionally intrude her date so that he can shoo Miss Thailand away?

"I assure you that Sir Jimin is still the closest employee to the CEO. He still does half of the secretary work." Said Jisoo

"Did your date call you today Jisoo?" Asked Lisa

Huh? That came out from nowhere.

Jisoo shook her head.

"See, even your date felt it. He felt a weird connection between you and the CEO." Said Lisa. "Any man will back off."

Jisoo sighed.

"That's a misunderstanding." Said Jisoo

And then the door opened and V came in. He stopped when he saw Jisoo and Lisa talking.

"Lisa." Said V. "What are you doing here?"

Lisa stood up.

"Can't I come visit you? Am I like your other clients who first has to set an appointment before I could come see you?" Asked Lisa

"That's not why I'm asking." Said V. "My schedule is quite full today. I have to review Jisoo's reports for the month end closing now. I don't think I can give you time today. You should have called first so I could advise you when best to visit." Said V

Lisa sighed.

"Sometimes I envy Jisoo here. You block your time for her." Said Lisa

"For the reports." Clarified Jisoo. "He blocked his time to review the reports..."

Lisa went directly in front of V and touched his tie, adjusting it.

Jisoo looked away. The gesture looked so intimate... too intimate. Jisoo tried to ignore the tightening of her chest.

"I am going to be very honest with you, V." Said Lisa. "I did not come here just for the project."

Jisoo wanted to get out of the room.

"I came here for something more." Said Lisa

Jisoo closed her eyes tight but she couldn't stop her ears from hearing.

"Exploring possibilities of a future with you is my priority." Said Lisa. "I hope you'll give it a chance."

V held Lisa's hand and dropped it to her sides.

"This kind of thing should be talked between us. I don't think it's right to say these things when my secretary is just behind you." Said V

Jisoo opened her eyes.

"You don't know women, V." Said Lisa. "Like men, we tend to mark our territory. You must know that."

V's eyes thinned.

Lisa turned to Jisoo.

"Tell me Jisoo... do you like V?" Asked Lisa

Jisoo's eyes widened.

"That's... he's my Boss... that's inappropriate." Said Jisoo

"But do you?" Insisted Lisa

Jisoo took a deep breath and then she looked away.

"No." she whispered.

V's jaw clenched as he grabbed Lisa's arm turning her to face him.

"That's enough." Said V "I don't think this is the right time and place to talk about this. There are deliverables that has to be done by tonight. Go back to your hotel Lisa." Said V

Lisa sighed.

"Fine." Said Lisa. "But I will be back soon."

And then she turned to Jisoo.

"Till next time Jisoo."

And then she walked out of the room.

Jisoo took a sigh of relief.

"She misunderstood your actions last night." Said Jisoo.

But V did not answer. Jisoo turned to look at V and saw him staring at her with what looked like anger.

"I did not... say anything to her..." said Jisoo.

And then V stepped towards her like a lion on his prey.

"Sir..."

Jisoo felt the wall behind her, V is not stopping.

"Sir..."

And then V stopped in front of her, his face just a few inches away.

"Did you mean it?" Asked V

"Huh?"

"Did you mean it when you said that you do not like me?" Asked V, his voice strained.

Jisoo gulped as her already drumming heart started to feel pain.

"Answer me Jisoo." V placed both his hands on the wall, on each side of Jisoo's neck.

Jisoo took a deep breath, but even that was a mistake as she smelt V's familiar scent.

"I shouldn't like you." Said Jisoo

"Why?"

"You're my Boss." Said Jisoo

"Is that the reason? Or is it because you're lying?" Asked V

Jisoo's throat moved fast.

"Look into my eyes and tell me you don't like me Jisoo." Said V

Jisoo looked at V and clenched her hands on her side. She took a deep breath.

This is the right thing...

"I... do not like you." Said Jisoo, her voice trembling.

"Liar."

And then V's lips crashed on Jisoo's. It was an intense kiss. Jisoo wanted to push V away but she couldn't move with his weight on her. And then V started to bite her lips gently opening her. At the first touch of his wet exploration, Jisoo's struggles melted. She felt so many emotions as V's hunger was fed. And then V's hands started touching, caressing her everywhere like he desperately needs to touch every part of her. And the he kissed her ear, nibbling it down her neck. He her there and made wet open mouthed kisses down her collarbone.

And then V went to kiss Jisoo's cheek and felt something wet. He moved an inch away to see Jisoo crying.

V touched Jisoo's cheek wiping her tears. Gone is the anger in his eyes. Instead, there was concern.

"Stop." Said Jisoo, her voice hoarse. "Don't touch me."

V's hands dropped to his side as sharp pain pierced through him.

"How can you do this to me?" Said Jisoo, tears still streaming down her face. "After everything you've done to me... how can you even think you still have the right to do this to me? Why are you confusing me?"

V took a step back.

"You ruined my life, my family. You broke my heart... you broke me... now that my life is starting to get better... you came along again. And now what? What are you doing? Why do you do these things to me?"

Jisoo closed her eyes.

"You have no right to touch me. I am no longer your wife. It was all over five years ago. I have already moved on. My life is my own now and you are not welcome to be in it. So stop interfering with my life. Stop touching me. Stop confusing me. Stop. Just stop!"

V took calming breaths as storms of pain squeezed his heart. His eyes felt so painful as he tried to stop his tears.

"So what do you want now Jisoo? You want us to continue pretending like nothing happened?" V's voice sounded strained. "Do you want to pretend like nothing is happening? You want us to live completely separate lives even when fate had put us together again?"

Jisoo bit her lip hard. The pain is becoming unbearable.

V took a deep breath as his voice started to lose strength.

"Do you want me to pursue Lisa?" Asked V. "Are you going to look for another man to be with?"

V held Jisoo's stare as a tear slowly fell from his eye. He i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter