Ameoba

Stargazer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 3

Ameoba



RM shook his head while staring at V.

"You actually did it." Said RM. "In just a month , you've made her your girlfriend. And now, just three months since that anniversary party, you already got engaged!"

V grinned. He can't say it was totally easy. Even given his charms, he can't just woo Jisoo with words alone. So he also sent gifts. He tried to see her as frequent as his schedule permitted, which is not so frequent by the way. He calls her every single day, that he tried not to skip. He did surprises from simple flowers to big surprises like giving her a party , anything that can make her see how serious he is about their relationship.

"You should probably introduce us." Said Suga. "Nothing seals the deal than a man ready to present the woman to his family."

V sighed.

"Of course I will. But maybe later." Said V. "She's very busy preparing for the wedding. I don't want to give her any reason to delay it."

"So how is it?" Asked Suga.

V raised his brow.
"What do you mean?"

"Kim Jisoo. What do you think of her?" Asked Suga

V wasn't able to answer immediately. But after a minute, he spoke.

"She was very shy and nervous around me in the beginning. She was also apprehensive. I did give her the cold shoulder the past years. But she slowly opened up. She started to get relaxed. It was hard to make her talk when we started going out but now... now I don't know how to stop her from talking." Said V, laughing a little.

There was a moment of silence. And then he continued.

"She's a really nice girl." Said V. "If all this crap did not happen, she would have been perfect for either of you. I mean... she's going to be a good wife." Said V

Suga sighed.

"She's like a lamb served to the lions." Said Suga. "You have not changed your mind right?"

V looked at Suga sharply.

"I am committed to the plan." Said V.

Suga smiled.

"But that doesn't mean this doesn't feel like crap." Said V

And then Suga exchanged looks with RM.

"Focus on the plan, Man." Said Suga.

V stood up.

"I have a date with my fiancee. I can't make her wait for me." Said V

"Go." Said RM. "I'll talk to you later."

---------

V reached the park in a hurry but slowed when he saw Jisoo sitting on a bench a few feet from him. She's looking at the sky and pointing her fingers on them as if tracing an image.

V smiled. They used to do that when they were children. They will lie on the grass together and trace images on stars. They even made a competition where whoever can trace more images gets to have a reward.

"How many have you found so far?" Asked V, still standing a few feet from Jisoo.

"Oppa!" Jisoo smiled. "Three. A ball, an axe and a fish."

V chuckled as he made his way to sit beside Jisoo.

"An axe?"

Jisoo nodded.

V sighed as he looked at the sky.

"You still do this." He said

Jisoo nodded.

"It's a nice way to kill time. And... it brings back beautiful memories." Said Jisoo.

"Beautiful?"

Jisoo touched V's hand. He then looked at Jisoo.

"Yes Oppa. All my memories with you. For me they are all beautiful."

V felt that twitch in his chest. Beautiful for now... but not for long. He's going to destroy Jisoo's beautiful memory of him.

V shifted his hand so that his fingers intertwined with Jisoo's.

"What could be beautiful about some childhood games?" Asked V "I bet you can't even remember most of them."

Jisoo shook her head.

"Not all of them but... but I remember that you were the best person in the world for me. You were kind, patient... and you'd always be there to save me. I loved being with you. For some reason, you were always there when I fall. You were my hero." Sa Jisoo

V gulped. Jisoo's eyes is glassed with tears as she spoke.

"I'm sorry I was such an after middle school." Said V "Things got complicated in my life. I could not... I'm sorry. You did not deserve that." Said V

Jisoo smiled as she reached V's cheek and held him.

"It was a difficult time in your life. It was hard not to change." Said Jisoo

V felt the twitch in his chest getting deeper. Jisoo has always been forgiving. She tries to understand. She tries not to judge... but to what extent can she forgive?

"You deserve a good and happy life Jisoo." Said V

Jisoo smiled.

"That's why I am happy that we are getting married. Our future together will be that good life. I will try my best to be a good wife to you, Oppa." Said Jisoo.

"No." said V. "You deserve better."

Jisoo sighed as she touched V's hand again.

"I deserve to be with the man I want to be with." Said Jisoo. "That is my dream... to be loved by the man I love... and to get married with him... I must've done something right in my life to get my dream. "

V felt his chest tightened.

"The man you love..."

Jisoo nodded.

And as the moonlight shone on Jisoo's face, a tear escaped her eye as she smiled and said "I love you, Oppa."

V felt everything stop. As if he was watching a movie and someone hit pause. He want it to stop. He want it to end. He wanted to get some air. He wanted to leave... He... He wanted to...

"I've loved you all my life. And I'm so glad I can love you for the rest of my life."

And then Jisoo leaned towards him and touched his lips with hers.

V's eyes widened.

It was a quick kiss. Jisoo immediately pulled away.

V continued to stare at Jisoo. Wind was blowing her hair as that innocent smile played on her lips, her eyes filled with emotions... with love as tears swim, threatening to fall.

It was like a moment frozen in his head.

This is what they need for the plan. This is exactly what they want to happen.

But now... now..

V closed his eyes tight...

CRAP.

Total crap...

That's when he made a decision.

--------

RM shook his head looking at V who's now almost drunk. They're at V's pad. Suga has gone home. V arrived looking like he just saw someone die in front of him, terrible. He looked close to exploding.

But he hasn't talk. He kept drinking but did not say a single word.

"You got to take that out of your chest." Said RM. "Can't just keep that in. You'll drown in it."

V was just gone for less than two hours to meet Jisoo. Something surely happened for him to cone home this way.

V lay on the sofa looking out the window. He lifted his finger and traced something in the air.

"Amoeba" Said V. "I formed an ameoba."

RM's eyes narrowed.

Ameoba?!

"You're drunk." Said RM

V chuckled and shook his head.

"That's what I tell her when I couldn't form anything on the stars anymore. Back when we were kids. She doesn't know what an ameoba looks like so she believed. She always believes in me. So I usually win." Said V

What is he talking about?

"You should probably drink coffee or something to sober you up." Said RM

"I tricked her a few times with that ameoba. And she fell for it each and every time."said V. "But you know what? If I tell her now what I did, I'm pretty sure she's going to forgive me. Like she always does."

This amoeba talk is silly. Should he video record V talking about this stuff? That will be hilarious!

"It seems like... I still have a heart after all." Said V.

That caught RM's attention.

"I thought I lost it. But nope. Still capable of feeling."

RM is worried.

"Can I protect her? Can I shield her?" Said V

RM stood up.

" Please don't say you're talking about Kim Jisoo." Said RM. "Are you saying you won't marry her anymore?"

V shook his head.

"No. I will still marry her. I will. We need that marriage to secure the properties. But..."

"But?"

V closes his eyes.

"But..."

And V did not speak again that evening.

--------


The wedding was a large event. How can it not be? Jisoo is the daughter of the CEO of the largest pharmaceutical company. Even if they tried to make it small, they still ended up inviting a lot of Alfie Kim's contacts. Overall, there were 800 guests.

V did not feel nervous like normal husbands to be. What he felt was dread. He wanted this to get over with. But he tried to look composed taking advantage of meeting as many people as possible, most especially the stockholders of Polaris Enterprise. They need to be within his sphere of influence and so he spent more time on those specific people.

When the time came for the ceremony to start, V braced himself. This should be quick.

And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter