Beg

Stargazer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Hi Guys, 

Thank you for your comments. :D  I honestly had a hard time writing this week because it's just so busy at work. I had moments when I don't want to write anymore because I get lazy when I'm tired. haha! But when I see comments and read them, it fuels me like gasoline. 

I hope you enjoy this chapter~!

 

 

 

 

Chapter 9

Beg

 

V felt someone grabbed his arm hard. He turned and was suppose to grab hold of something to keep him balanced but felt nothing to hold on to. And so he fell face down hard. But instead of falling on the floor… he fell on human. That person being the weird marketing girl who’s playing the “Pity Me” ploy to make him change his mind about firing their entire team.

“What the…” V said

V could feel pain on some parts of his body.

“What do you think you’re doin…”

V’s eyes narrowed. The woman’s hair fell away from her face.

He was sure the woman lying beneath him is the third girl from the marketing team. But at the same time…

Now that the girl’s face is in front of him, her hair away from her face…. and her face now completely open to him…

Her eyes are deep with the dark circles around it, her cheeks are a bit hollow, her skin is so dull and she looked like she might be in her forties… 

But he would recognize that eyes anywhere… that nose… those lips…

There’s only one woman on this entire world who would have those same eyes, nose and lips… only one…

V felt his chest gripping in pain as his heart started to drum hard.

And then the girl turned her face to the side, closing her eyes.

No. Why did she turn away? No. He wants to see her face more… he wants to look at her… see her eyes…

 “Sir…” she whispered.

But V heard nothing as he looked at her lips which whispered something he did not comprehend. Those lips… he knows them… he knows them very well…

V felt a gentle push from the girl but he ignored it. Not when he’s this close to her. He could feel her… could smell her… she no longer smells like the expensive perfumes she used to wear… but she smells like the way he remembered her… He thought he will never again have the chance to be this close with her again.. but here they are.

“It’s… going to be a problem… if anyone sees us in this position.”

The girl spoke again. But V could not make sense of it. The drumming of his heart is so deafening his mind could only focus on one thing… one thing alone…

This… her… she’s here… right in front of him.

He had missed her…. so so much…There is no word to describe how much…

The girl’s eyes opened and looked at him.

All these past five years… did she thought of him? Of course she did… she would have thought of him and hated him with every fiber of her being… But for him it was different…

For him… the past five years was hell… not seeing her… not being with her… not breathing the same air as her… it was as if the light was turned off and he was just walking blindly in the dark…

V fought the tightening of his throat as tears threatened to fall.

No. He can’t cry here. Not like this… not in front of her… not when he just saw her again… Not when he could have the chance to stop her from running away from him…

The girl took a deep breath and then she pushed him harder.

 “Sir please. We have to stand up. People will see us like this.”

That voice… That is her real voice… That’s the voice that rings on his ears the past 5 years. The voice he still sometimes hear when he’s alone in the house… thinking… remembering all those times they had together.  In the meeting the other day, her voice sounded different. Did she try to hide her voice? Did she want to hide from him?

She doesn’t want to have anything to do with him. She wants to hide their past from her team mates, to everyone. And he knew that she’s protecting herself…

From him…

V sighed. And then he pushed himself up. He knelt in front of the girl sitting on his heels. And then when he saw the girl trying to push herself up, He immediately lifted her up to him, sitting her up.

Her eyes widened.

“Are you hurt?” asked V, remembering how hard they fell.

V turned the girl’s head to look at the back. He let his hand touch her all over her head. There doesn’t seem to be any wound… that’s a relief… he can’t let her get hurt.

“It looks like there’s no wound. But you may need your head checked. We fell hard.” said V

The girl shook his hand off.

“I’m fine.” She said.

No… she doesn’t look fine, she doesn’t look fine at all. She looked so thin and weak…that fall must’ve broken a bone in her body! V’s hand went to her shoulder down her elbow and hand, her arms felt so small… so delicate like she could break. The girl gasped as she pulled her hand away.

That pierced through V’s chest. She used to… long for his touch…

V shook the thought away. He can’t dwell on the pain. She’s here in front of him. She’s here.

 “I’m taking you to the hospital.” Said V.

“No!” the girl answered loudly.

V’s eyes widened. He felt it. The rejection. She doesn’t want to spend another minute with him.

“I… I’m fine.” Said the girl. “I don’t feel anything wrong.”

The girl stood up pushing away V’s effort to support her.

But as she stood up she began to fall again.

V immediately went beside the girl and lifted her onto his arms. She felt so light… and another slash pained V’s heart.

 “Sir… put me down please.” Said the girl

“You could still argue after falling so many times? You can’t even stand up on your own.” Said V “I’m taking you to the hospital.”

“But Sir! I can’t… I don’t want to… the cost…”

“Cost?”

What does she mean? Cost… does she mean the expenses? He will pay them. Of course he will…

And then it occurred to him…

This girl… she used to not even look at the price of a grocery item when shopping… but now she’s concerned over the cost of having herself treated in the hospital…

It was all his fault… he did this to her.

The girl sighed.

“All right Sir… please take me to the hospital.” Said Jisoo.

“I wasn’t asking for your permission.” Said V, his jaw clenched, his voice tight stopping whatever emotions he was sure was soon going to show. “I was going to take you with me whether you liked it or not.”

--------------

 

V and Jisoo was sitting at the back seat of the car. Jisoo sat so close to the door there was a large gap between them. Jisoo turned her face to the window looking outside the entire time.

V closed his hands on fists trying to bear the silence. In his mind… in his mind he was talking to her… telling her the things he couldn’t say now.

“So… Jisoo… Kim Jisoo… how have you been? It’s been five years right? It’s been… a very long five years.”

V sighed.

“How is your life right now? You found a job that I just fired you from… I always seemed to be destroying your life, huh? I always end up hurting you and giving you a hard time.”

V closed his eyes as the pain in his chest grew deeper.

“I wish I could change everything that happened between our families… I wish I did not have to hurt you… I wish I would keep you in my life… make you stay… make you look at me the same way you did before you learned about the revenge… I wish… I wish I could tell you these… I wish you could believe me again…”

A tear escaped V’s eyes and he immediately looked out the window to hide his face.

“There were so many times I talked to you like this Jisoo… I talked to you like you were beside me on bed at night… telling you what happened during my day… I would imagine you listening to me, your face smiling at me like you used to do. I imagined you would laugh at my stories and how you would bite your lip when I tease you… I imagined so many things… I told you so many things… so many things that I couldn’t tell anyone else… things that I can only talk to you about… things that I only want you to hear and learn about me…”

V wiped the tear and slowly turned to look at Jisoo. She is now looking straight ahead. And he could see half of her face that was not covered by her hair.

“And then I would imagine you telling me about the new dish you tried cooking. How the flowers you planted in the garden takes such a long time to bloom… I imagined you telling me about your friends... the friends you never got the chance to tell me much about… I imagined you telling me many things about you… things I never got the chance to know… things I wanted to know… things I still long to know about you…”

And then Jisoo’s eyes went to him. When she saw him looking at her, she immediately looked away.

“Do you know what you have turned me into, Jisoo? You’ve turned me into a lunatic. I’m pretty sure psychiatrists have a name for this disease. But I don’t want to be treated… I don’t want to forget…”

“We’re here.” She said

V looked around.

They’ve reached the hospital. They reached it so soon.

V saw Jisoo opening her door. He immediately alight the car and went to her side. He carried her again.

“Sir. I told you this is completely unnecessary!” said Jisoo.

“And I told you, you should stop arguing when you could not even stand on your own.” Said V

“But!”

“Hush now. This is going to be over faster if you let me help you.” said V

Jisoo sighed and looked away,

--------------

V was talking to the Doctor while Jisoo sat on the bed. Jisoo doesn’t want to stay a minute longer here. She wants to go home. Her mom will be worried if she comes home late. But no matter how much she wants to run away from the person who has ruined her life not once but twice, she can’t. Not yet…

Jisoo sighed.

May she get the strength to ask him to not fire them completely.

“Does she need to rest at home?” asked V

That made Jisoo’s head snap up. What? Rest? No. Of course not!

“That goes without saying. One to two weeks should be enough. There was no bone injury but rest is needed to make sure the swelling goes away.” Said the Doctor

Jisoo shook her head.

“Thanks Doc.” Said V

The doctor walked away.

“I can’t rest.” Said Jisoo

“Huh?”

“I will not stay at home for two weeks.” Said Jisoo

“And why is that? Should I remind you that you injured your ankle?” asked V, his arms crossed on his chest.

“The doctor said there is no bone injury. I’m pretty sure this is minor. The swelling will be gone by tomorrow, Sir.” Said Jisoo. “Besides… I need to look for a new job.”

Jisoo saw V’s jaws clenched, his eyes sharpened.

What did she say this time? She indeed has to find a job right? Did he forget he fired them?

“Before you do anything, follow the doctor’s advice first and rest for two weeks.” Said V

“I can’t do that, Sir.” Said Jisoo. “I need a job ASAP.”

“She’s the one who needs the job the most. I heard her mother is a bit sick. She has no Dad anymore. And she’s paying quite a number of debts.”

V remembered the manager’s words the other day about Jisoo.

 “Oh… umm…well… as I said, she always goes to work even when she’s not feeling well. She makes sure to do what I ask her to do even if that means she leaves the office last.” Said the manager. “She doesn’t have a lazy bone, that girl.”

“I… can’t waste any day not working.” Said Jisoo. “I… need to work.”

V lowered his hands and closed them into fists. Jisoo noticed them and gulped.

Did she anger him? Oh no… she can’t get him angry if she’s going to beg him right?

“A job… how much do you need it?” asked V

Huh? Did he just ask her?

Jisoo cleared .

“Very much.” She whispered.

Jisoo felt her pride being stepped on. She tried so hard to live a life that lacks nothing with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter