Kidney

Stargazer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 18

Kidney

 

 

Jin brought Lisa back to the hotel. They went to the hotel bar. Lisa is on her third glass and Jin on his second.

"I can't believe you allowed them to talk like that." Said Lisa, her hands still shaking while she held her glass

"What would you have me do? Block V's attempt to talk to Jisoo? How many times can I prevent them from talking? They know how to reach each other, she works under him. They will eventually talk." Said Jin

Lisa bit her lip as she treid to stop her tears.

"You have no idea what you have just done." Said Lisa. "You don't know what-"

"I know. Trust me…I know..." Jin buried his face on his hands. "I saw it in Jisoo's eyes. No it wasn't just today. I saw it in her so many times. But I kept telling myself there's still a chance for me. V is not good for her. She deserves better."

Lisa sighed as her tears flowed.

"By now... we've already lost them." Said Lisa. "V loves her... you should have seen his agony and pain whenever he talks about his ex-wife. I think he never moved on from her. He held on to that love even when he thought there will never be a chance for them again."

Jin closed his eyes tight.

"Jisoo loves him... she tried to hide that love under hate. She has so many reasons to hate him. She tried to keep hating him even when her heart said she still loves him. In the end, love conquered hate..." said Jin

Lisa took the glass of wine and drank it.

"V is going down. It will be difficult to rise up from this." Said Lisa

Jin opened his eyes.

"From what I know, V is a very intelligent business man. It maybe difficult but I don't think the scandal will succeed against him." Said Jin

Jin drank.

"Polaris is everything to V." Said Lisa. "He will fight to keep it no matter what."

"His enemies will use Jisoo against him. They now know his weakness." Said Jin.

Lisa sighed.

“I don’t feel good about this.” Said Lisa.

-------

Jisoo arrived home and Sonia was shocked to see the wounds all over her.

"What happened to you?" Asked Sonia.

"Mom… Calm down…There was an accident... it's just minor injuries." Jisoo said not leaving the door.

"Come here let me take a look at you." Said Sonia, her face filled with worry.

But Jisoo continued to stay by the door.

"Mom… I’m actually not alone.” Said Jisoo

Jisoo entered the house and then V appeared behind her by the door.

“What are you doing here? What did you do to my daughter?” Sonia charged against V but Jisoo pulled her back.

“Mom! Wait! Stop it Mom… V Oppa saved me from the accident. It would have been much worse if he did not block all the glasses that was supposed to hit me.” Said Jisoo. “He got more injured than me.”

Sonia stood still.

“He… saved you?” asked Sonia

Jisoo nodded.

“I’m sorry that I got her home too late. We had to go to the hospital first just to make sure everything is ok with Jisoo.” Said V

Sonia turned to V.

“Then you may go now.” Said Sonia

“Mom…”

“I appreciate that you saved my daughter tonight. But my appreciation doesn’t mean I can forgive you for all you’ve done against my family. You may leave now.” Said Sonia

“But Mom…”

Jisoo saw V shaking his head telling Jisoo to not push it anymore. V smiled at her tenderly as if telling her now is not yet the right time. Jisoo nodded.

“These are the medicines the doctor gave to cleanse Jisoo’s wounds.” V put the bag of medicine on the table by the door. “Good night, Auntie… Good night Jisoo.”

V turned to leave. Jisoo was on her way to go to V but Sonia pulled her back. V left the house.

“Tell me what’s going on.” Said Sonia.

“Mom…”

“And don’t lie to me Jisoo… I can see it in your eyes. Something has changed.” Said Sonia. “What happened?”

Jisoo sighed. And then she started telling her mom everything.

---------------

 

Jisoo closed her eyes as she watched the television and listened to the press conference Lisa has given.

“CEO V and I are close friends but we never had a romantic relationship. We have a project together and it is true that both our parents and relatives wanted marriage between us. We were always together so they thought everything was going smoothly. They went ahead with the announcement of the engagement without our prior knowledge. We were shocked. However, V and I actually wanted to just remain friends. He has other romantic interest as well as I have other romantic interests.”

A reporter then asked a question.

“Is this romantic interest his ex-wife? The former Polaris heiress Kim Jisoo?”

“That’s a question I have no right to answer. Please ask V directly.” Said Lisa

“Then… is your romantic interest the man you have drinks in the hotel bar with last night?” asked the reporter.

Jisoo saw Lisa’s eyes widening. And then she laughed.

“Wow… you really don’t have privacy here in Korea, huh? I’ve never been stalked like that in Thailand. Isn’t that a crime?” asked Lisa.

Lisa took a deep breath.

“Yes… that man. He’s my boyfriend.” Said Lisa

Jisoo’s eyes winded? What? Who is the man she’s referring to? What boyfriend?

“Our relationship is just new. I didn’t want to make it public. But… since this scandal is going out of hand then perhaps this announcement is for the best. Kim Seok-jin, many people know him as Jin, is my boyfriend.” Said Lisa.

Jisoo dropped the TV remote.

“This is the last time I’m talking about this. Please respect our privacy.” Said Lisa.

What… just happened?

---------------

 

Jisoo dialed Jin’s number. She called him several times but he did not pick up. Jisoo knew there’s a problem. Jin usually answers her calls immediately. She has hurt him last night. Getting back with V is an outright rejection to Jin. She wants to comfort him but she may only worsen the situation if she did. However, the statement made by Lisa is shocking? Was Lisa only trying to protect V? But why would she say Jin is her boyfriend?

And then Jisoo received a message from Jin.

“I know you’re trying to get in touch with me because of what Lisa said in the news. It’s all right with me. Lisa and I talked about it last night and we realized it’s better this way. If people think Lisa is dating me, they will think it’s ok for V to date his ex-wife. Don’t feel bad about it… think of it as my last gift for you, Jisoo. After this… I will try to put some distance between us. I don’t think I can tell my heart to stop loving you just because you can’t love me back… so please stop calling me. Help me forget about you.”

Jisoo sighed as she felt that heavy weight of guilt and concern for Jin. Jin has showed her nothing but kindness andyet all she could give in return is pain…and heartache.

 

-------------

Sonia was walking from the train station going to work. She was just a block from RM’s house. Her mind is still on her daughter’s revelation last night. It was too much for Sonia.

Jisoo… suffered a lot in life because of V.

V also suffered a lot because of Sonia’s husband.

 In the end… both Jisoo and V are victims. And yet Sonia could not bring herself to forgive V.

It seems like V is sincere... he has not stopped asking for her forgiveness… and even her daughter who once hated even the mention of V’s name has changed her heart…

Jisoo still loves V… and even if Sonia hates to admit it… it seems V loves her Jisoo as well…

But still it feels so wrong to allow them to be together… it felt like an insult to her husband…

Sonia felt dizzy all of a sudden. She did not sleep all night. And then something hit her hard just in front of RM’s house. Sonia felt herself floating in the air and then falling hard on the ground. Everything felt so painful and blurry…

And then everything turned dark.

--------------

Jisoo was preparing to leave the house when she received a call. She answered it when she saw it was her mom’s number.

“Hello. Is this Miss Sonia’s daughter?”

The voice is not her Mom. Jisoo felt worried all of a sudden.

“Yes.” Said Jisoo.

“Hurry you have to go to the hospital. Your mom got hit by a car.” Said the woman.

Jisoo felt all her blood ran out of her body.

“Wh… which hospital?”

And then Jisoo ran out of the house.

---------------

 

V was in the airport waiting for boarding. His Uncle is going to reach the US by evening. He still has time to catch up. He has to convince the shareholders to not listen to his Uncle. They have to trust that it is V who can make the company grow.

The call for boarding was made and V stood up. But his phone rang before he could walk farther. It was RM’s number.

What would RM need? Didn’t he say he’s going to side with his Dad now? Why is he calling V? Is this some delaying tactics?

V answered the phone.

“V! Good thing you answered. Listen, Man. Jisoo’s Mom, our cook, she was rushed to the hospital.”

V’s eyes widened.

“What happened?” asked V

“My wife went out of the house because Auntie Sonia was running late. My wife was worried because the old lady doesn’t come late. And then she saw people gathering around outside the house. She saw Auntie Sonia lying on the ground, full of blood. It seems to be a case of hit and run.” Said RM

V dropped the bag he was holding.

“How is she?” asked V

“She was rushed to the hospital. She was unconscious said my wife. My wife already called Jisoo.” Said RM. “It doesn’t look good, Ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter