Peace

Stargazer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 19

Peace

 

Jisoo entered the ICU and stood beside V, who was still deep in his sleep. He looked so weak.

"It's been three days..." said Jisoo. "I know you're fighting... I know you're trying. Please do not give up. Please come back to me. I need you... Oppa."

Jisoo touched V's cheek.

“My mom talked to me yesterday… it seems like she’s supporting us now… it seems like she sees things differently now about you…. you and me.” Said Jisoo. “Please… give us another chance, Oppa… please don’t leave me.”

Jisoo squeezed V’s hand.

“Please…”

And then V eyes fluttered. Ever so slowly, his eyes opened.

"Oppa... You’re awake… Oppa…"

Jisoo pressed the button inside the room to call for a nurse. A nurse immediately arrived.

"His eyes opened slightly." Said Jisoo

"I'll call the doctor." Said the nurse.

The nurse left. Jisoo held V's hand.

"You're awake..." Jisoo's voice trembled.

V looked at her for a while, just staring at her,  his eyes not yet fully open. And then he squeezed Jisoo's hand on his lightly. Jisoo kissed V's temple.

"Thank God you came back." Whispered Jisoo. "Thank God you returned to me..."

-----

V was moved to a regular room after that. But it took three more days before he could talk to people.

Jisoo sat beside V's bed peeling a fruit.

"Please don't ever do that again." Said Jisoo

"Do... what?" Asked V, his voice still a bit croaky.

"Scaring me to death." Said Jisoo. "Don't ever leave me."

V smiled.

"You’re being so cute right now." Said V

Jisoo's face turned angry

"I am not kidding. I am serious. I know you only wanted to help save my mom but that was so dangerous!" Said Jisoo

V reached for Jisoo and touched her hair.

"I promised you I will do everything we can to save her. She's the only family you have. I don't want you to lose her too." Said V.

Jisoo sighed. She kissed V's hand. V caressed Jisoo's cheek.

"You... are not going to go back to Polaris?" Asked Jisoo

V shook his head.

"I am giving it up. If Uncle wants it so bad. He can have it." Said V

Jisoo sighed.

"Your Dad established that company. You worked so hard for it." Said Jisoo

"Polaris has already separated us once, Jisoo. I can't let it do that again. Unless I give it up, there is always a risk that Uncle will attack me. And he would do it through you." Said V. "I am tired of being the V who chooses to let you go."

Jisoo felt that tightening and melting feeling in her chest.

"I want to be the V who can stay beside you." Said V

-----------

 

Jimin and Lisa visited the next day. Jisoo learned that the stockholders meeting just happened earlier that day. And as expected, V was removed as the CEO.

Jisoo thought it would devastate V, but V looked like he accepted it. It was Jisoo who felt terrible about it. V lost Polaris because of her...

When Jimin and Lisa left, Jisoo went to V.

"I'm sorry..." said Jisoo

"It was my decision. It's not your fault." Said V. "I don't feel too bad about it. Because I gained something more important... more valuable... something I can't lose..."

Jisoo hugged V.

"What do you want to do now, Oppa?"

V took a while to answer.

"Your Mom and I will take a while to recover. It would be hard to do that here in Seoul while the news is still hot about Polaris." Said V. "Would you and your mom like to join me... to live in Welcome Village for a while?"

Jisoo pulled away from V.

"In Welcome Village?" Asked Jisoo

"I'm pretty sure your mom is not going to be comfortable around me but-"

"Oppa... my mom had a change of heart." Said Jisoo

"Huh?"

"You haven't talk to her yet because she's also still recovering but... my mom supports our relationship now." Said Jisoo

V's eyes widened and then he smiled wide.

"Oh... well... that's good news." Said V.

Jisoo giggled.

"I don't think she'll say no to leaving Seoul." Said Jisoo. “She would go with me where I’d go.”

V reached for Jisoo's hand and pulled her a little.

"Come here and kiss me." Said V. "You make me so happy, baby."

-------

 

As soon as Sonia and V got clearance from the doctor to leave, they went straight to Welcome Village. V didn't want the reporters to get the chance to invade Jisoo and her mom's privacy.

When they entered V's house, Jisoo helped her mom sit on a chair while V sat on the sofa.

"Your mom and you will use the master's bedroom." Said V

"But that's your room." Said Jisoo

"I'll stay on the sofa tonight. There are still two other rooms in this house. I'll clean one of them tomorrow for my use." Said V

"No, you should rest. I'll clean that room for you." Said Jisoo. "It will help me a lot if the two of you just focus on your recovery for now. I don't want both of you to get tired and ruin your healing."

V sighed.

"Let her do it." Said Sonia. "My daughter is capable. Besides... you've opened your house to us. It is only right that we help on the chores."

V nodded.

"All right."

Jisoo pouted

"You listen to my mom more than you listen to me." Said Jisoo

V's lips lifted into a smile.

"You don't mean you got jealous?" Asked V

Jisoo's eyes thinned.

And then there was a knock on the door. Jisoo opened it. It was Auntie Sol and her husband!

Jisoo let them in.

"I'm glad to see you again Jisoo." Said Auntie Sol

"I'm glad to be back." Said Jisoo

"We brought some fish soup. It helps heal wounds faster." Said Sol

Jisoo took the bag Auntie Sol was holding.

"How did you learn we’re coming today?" Asked V

"Jimin called Lina in her convenience store. Jimin asked us to look after you because you and Jisoo's mom just got out of surgery." Said Sol

"Meddlesome Jimin." Said V

"He was worried about you." Said Sol

Sol turned to Sonia.

"Welcome to our village. It's nice to see that Jisoo brought her mom this time." Said Sol

Sonia smiled.

"Thank you." Said Sonia.

"We won't take long. I'm sure you need to rest." Said Sol

Sol's husband patted V's shoulder.

"Be sure to recover fast, Taehyung."

V nodded.

"Now that Jisoo is here... I can now truly recover." Said V

-------

Three weeks passed by rather quickly. V and Sonia's recovery was fast. V already started helping out in the boats. Sonia insisted on working. She worked part time as a cook in a canteen. Jisoo took an online job. The villagers were very helpful. They supported them all throughout, sending food.

Sonia quickly became friends with the villagers she work with in the canteen. Jisoo also became friends with the people V work with because she brings him lunch every day. Jisoo had never felt this peace and joy in a long time. V and Sonia are with her. She's surrounded by loving people and everyday was like a dream.

One day as Jisoo was cleaning the kitchen, V came in.

"Why are you here?" Asked Jisoo

She's supposed to bring lunch for V in an hour.

"I'm meeting some one in the nearby city this afternoon. I told the others I need to go home early." Said V

"Who are you meeting?" Asked Jisoo

"It's a sales representative of a company who creates custom machines." Said V. "If you want a certain machine with a certain function, you can request it from them and they will make it happen. They've been contacting me for a long time. I thought to give them my time today."

Jisoo nodded.

“What kind of machine are you going to ask them to make?” asked Jisoo

“There are some things on my mind. But I have to check with them first how feasible they are. They are mostly for the efficiency of work here in welcome village.” Said V

V is still a busy buddy who can’t stop being an achiever even in this small town.

And then Jisoo continued cleaning.

"Do you want to come with me?" Asked V. “To the meeting?”

"I can't." Said Jisoo. "I have to tutor a kid online at three in the afternoon."

V went behind Jisoo and hugged her.

"We seldom get time alone like this." Whispered V, his breath on Jisoo's ear.

Jisoo dropped the rug she was holding.

"Oh..." breathed Jisoo, she felt heat crawling from her ear down her neck.

"Are you saying my mom is always in the way?" Said Jisoo breathless.

V smiled as he nuzzled Jisoo's neck.

"Don't get me wrong. I like your mom a lot." Said V. "But I miss you..."

Jisoo closed her eyes as V's hand touched her stomach, his other hand turning her face towards his.

"We're together ever yday." Said Jisoo. “How come you miss me?”

"It's not enough." Said V. "I want to hold you... to touch you...."

Jisoo could feel V's breath on her lips.

"Umm...well..." Jisoo wet her lips but V was so close, she accidentally brushed V's lips with her tongue.

And then V kissed her. He turned her to face him and then he pulled her so close to him, there was no space between their bodies. V deepened the kiss, his hands were caressing Jisoo all over. Jisoo's hands went to V's hair pulling him closer still. And then Jisoo's hand went down under V's shirt feeling his skin, his muscles.

V's breath caught. He lifted Jisoo, Jisoo wrapped her legs around V's waist. V sat Jisoo down the dining table. V kissed Jisoo's neck, tasting and nibbling. He then went to her ear as his hands went under Jisoo's shirt.

"I missed this... you... touching you... your taste... your scent..." said V in between kisses. "Jisoo... my Jisoo..."

Jisoo pulled V's shirt off his body. And then she stared at his body with intensity in her eyes.

"You have to take responsibility if you're going to look at me like that." Said V

Jisoo bit her lip as her fingers touched V's shoulder down his chest down his stomach. Jisoo leaned forward and kissed V's neck, it. And then she went down his chest.

V gulped as the heat of his desire almost reached boiling point. He pulled Jisoo to him, kissing her on her lips with want and hunger. He kissed her behind her ear, her collarbone... V lifted Jisoo's shirt and kissed her stomach up her chest. He caressed her all over.
V kissed Jisoo's throat up her lips.

"I can't get enough of you." Growled V. "I want more of you Jisoo..."

Jisoo felt every part of her body melting and weak... she felt so hot...

V bit Jisoo's neck and led. Jisoo closed her eyes as tight as sensations filled her senses.

And then the doorbell rang.

Jisoo's eyes opened wide. V took a calming breath as he took a step away from Jisoo.

"That..." Jisoo pulled her shirt down. "That's probably my Mom."

V nodded.

"I need to go to the bath room." V walked away.

Jisoo tried to calm herself as she opened the door.

"Mom." Said Jisoo

Sonia's eyes were wide as she stared at Jisoo.

"Did I arrive at a wrong time?" Asked Sonia

"What are... talking about Mom?" Asked Jisoo still breathless.

"Your hair is disheveled, your blouse is all messed up, your lips looks swollen…and... you have a very fresh looking kiss mark on your neck." Said Sonia

Jisoo's eyes widened and she covered her face with her hands.

"Oh No..." whispered Jisoo. 

Sonia tried to hide her smile. Her daughter looked so embarrassed like child caught. She turned red.

"Should I go so you can continue?" Asked Sonia

"Mom!"

Sonia laughed.

"I should have taken my lunch in the canteen." Said Sonia

"Stop teasing me Mom." Said Jisoo.

--------

Jisoo saw Aunt Sol walking near her. Jisoo greeted her and they star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter