Streetlight

Stargazer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**

Hey Guys! Thank you for your continuous reading and your comments. I mentioned this in the previous chapter but I will just repeat it for those who read very early and did not see it. Did you notice the new cover photo for this story? It was created by brightout27, who is also a reader of this story. I do not have any photoediting skill so I was really glad she offered her art work for us. Thank you Dear! :D

Hope you all enjoy this chapter.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 12


Streetlight

 

That night Auntie Sol came to V's house inviting them for dinner with the village folks. They do this once a year, every time V is back. V brought Jisoo with him. Immediately she felt eyes on her. Auntie Sol was immediately by her side.

"They were talking about seeing Taehyung laughing this afternoon." Said Auntie Sol. "Everyone was talking how happy he looked while talking to you."

"Oh... he was... just laughing." Said Jisoo.

The villagers hould not put too much meaning into it.

"V never laughs like that anymore." Said Auntie Sol. "That's why people started talking. It was a big deal."

She did not even do anything.

Jisoo saw V together with the other men talking about serious village stuff.

"He sees to it that he takes any complaints with him when he returns to Polaris. That's why villagers take the opportunity to tell him their concerns." Said Auntie Sol

This... is the side of V that makes Jisoo's admiration grow more... and more... it was different from how she admired him as a child, how she saw him as her hero who would never let her fall… seeing him take care of people like this… the admiration goes deeper…

Jisoo sighed. The fight to keep herself indifferent to anything V related is getting harder and harder.

“Join us, Miss Kim. We prepared so many food.” Said Auntie Sol

“Jisoo… you can call me Jisoo.” Said Jisoo

Auntie Sol smiled.

“Then come along Jisoo.” She said.

----------------

The food was so good and delicious. The villagers seemed to have made V’s visit a sort of festivity.

But even during dinner, V had been talking with the villagers. It seems the concerns of the villagers are many.

After a while, Jisoo could no longer find V around. Where did he go?

"Look for him," said Auntie Sol. "I prepared dessert. Call Taehyung over."

Jisoo nodded. Jisoo walked around even to the back of the house but could not find V. She walked the street hoping to see him. But there seems to be no sign of him.

"Sir... Sir V? Are you here?"

But there was no answer. Where is he?

"Sir V..."

Hmm. Maybe he would respond better if she calls him by the name the villagers call him.

"Ummm..." Jisoo cleared . "Taehyung... Taehyung..”

She spoke very soft at first trying the name on her lips… she thought she would have a hard time speaking him name but… it seems she could actually call his name without any heart issues.

Jisoo shouted a bit bolder.

"Taehyung! Taehyung!"

Jisoo felt some one laughed behind her. When she turned around, she saw V.

"Sir!"

"Is it Sir now? I like you calling me Taehyung better." Said V

Jisoo's eyes narrowed.

"How long have you been behind me?" Asked Jisoo.

"Since you stepped out on the street." Said V

Jisoo sighed.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Asked Jisoo

"I liked hearing you call my name."

The laughter was gone from V's voice now. His eyes are looking at her with gentleness. The soft glow of the street light was illuminating him as she saw the warmth in his eyes.

Jisoo couldn't take her eyes off his. It was like she's being drawn to him... pulling her. She felt herself drowning by the way he looked at her...

And then Jisoo realized she was now standing directly in front of V. She walked towards him without realizing it! And she's so close to him, she can feel his breath on her forehead! How could she have gotten this close to him!

"Umm... Auntie Sol wanted to call you... to have dessert." Said Jisoo, breathless

V lifted his hand and touched Jisoo's cheek. Jisoo's heart started beating fast. She held her breath as V cupped her jaw.

"Dessert?” whispered V “Do you know what I really want right now Miss Kim?"

V looked from Jisoo's eyes... down her nose and lingering on her lips.

Jisoo gulped.

He's not thinking of... he doesn't mean...

Jisoo bit her lip.

V’s eyes sharpened.

“You…” V took a deep breath. “You tempt me…”

Jisoo’s eyes widened. Her heart is beating so fast she felt her chest aching. 

And then V's lips touched her cheek just beside her lip. Jisoo let her lip go. It was only for a moment, but as V pulled a strand away, Jisoo still felt that sweet lingering feeling on her cheek. 

Jisoo gulped seeing something intense, sweet but also something like pain in V’s eyes…

“I wish I can make you forget…” whispered V.

Jisoo is confused. What does he mean?

And then V leaned in and kissed her on her lips.

It was a gentle and sweet kiss… It was like V is starting to get to know her... It was like inviting her to join him…Jisoo felt herself getting weak… she felt so soft and light like she could be floating…floating in V’s arms… but at the same time…the kiss wasn’t the kind of passionate kisses they shared years ago. It was so gentle...

Years ago?

That was enough to bring Jisoo back to reality. Jisoo stiffened again. And then V pulled back. He took three steps away from Jisoo brushing his face with his hands.

“I’m sorry… I… it was just…”

V could not utter an excuse, his mind just stopped working. It was probably the longing… he misses her so much... so so much....having her that close was too much for him… It was also because she looked so cute walking in the street calling his name… his real name… looking for him… Maybe it was because she walked to him like she was drawn to him, like she did not see anything and anyone else but him… It was because as the streetlight shown upon her face, he saw a glimpse of the old Jisoo… the Jisoo who was in love with him… And he couldn’t… even if he tried to… he couldn’t stop himself…

V took calming breaths. And then he turned back to Jisoo. She was staring at him,  her eyes full of confusion.

V clenched his hands.


"Don't come close to any man like that." Said V. “ Ever.”

And then he walked away into the house.

Jisoo felt her knees buckled as she slowly sat down.

Why... did V kiss her?

And why did she let him?


--------

 

V took a pillow and a blanket and placed them on the sofa. He was intending to sleep on it when he saw Jisoo walking towards the sofa.

“What are you doing?” asked V

“Huh?”

“Where do you think you’re going?” asked V

“To sleep… on the sofa.” Said Jisoo.

After that kiss… the atmosphere became very awkward between them.

V sighed.

“You stay on the bed. I brought out the pillow and blanket for my own use.” Said V

Jisoo looked surprised.

“That’s… not right… this is your house Sir… and I’m your employee… you’re the boss.” Said Jisoo

“And the boss decided he wants the sofa better.” Said V. “Unless of course… you want me to sleep on the bed with you?”

Jisoo’s eyes widened, she couldn’t respond to that. V’s face looked so emotionless it was like he was just offering her a warm drink.

 “I will be happy to oblige.” Said V

Jisoo gulped.

And then her phone rang.

“Umm…excuse me.” Jisoo answered her phone and went to the room.

V sat on the sofa. But even from where he was, he could hear Jisoo’s voice.

“Hey Jennie. I know I’m sorry. I got stuck here in this village. I’ll be back tomorrow. Thank you for staying with my mom.”

There was a moment of silence as Jisoo listened to the other line.

“Yes. I will help with the marketing report tomorrow. I’m really sorry that I wasn’t able to do anything today.” Said Jisoo

“Umm…. Yes. The village is nice. It’s not a resort though… it’s a fishing village. The people are very nice.” Said Jisoo.

Another moment of silence.

“Wait what? Jennie, stop! I already told you not to push through with that match making thing!”

That made V’s eyes sharpen.

“Look I am not pretty and I don’t have time to date.” Said Jisoo

Right! Giving her that part time secretary duty at night was the best thing he has done ever. That will prevent her from dating other guys. V smiled.

“What? Ask your Uncle to withdraw that date he had set up!” said Jisoo. “This is absolutely insane!”

V clenched his hands. He needs to have one very long conversation with Jennie once he comes back to Seoul.

-------------

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter