Date

Stargazer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

**Awww Guys thank you for your comments. I loved hearing from you! And as usual, during those days I felt so lazy, I just see another comment from you and it was enough to kick me from my laziness. haha! You motivate me to continue so I just wanted to say Thank you to you, My Dear Readers! :D

 

 

Chapter 13

Date



V is frustrated. He had every intention to be in Diamond skin by three in the afternoon. He has to get there before Jisoo does something unallowable such as dressing up and going for a date with a guy who is not him. V knew it would be impossible. Moving his schedule is like moving Mount Everest to the US. That's how impossible it was. But he has to, he has to get to Diamond Skin and prevent that disaster from happening. If only he could get an idea who this bastard is who was lucky enough to get a date with Jisoo. If he's unlikely to be a threat then V can rest a little, not that he likes any man within a meter from Jisoo. But if that monster is even a 10% threat, he would have to cancel his 3-5pm meetings.

V received the email from his secretary and grunted.

This is not good. The 3-5pm meeting was the meeting that was so hard to get, it took them six months to get it. It's with that Thai investor that will only be in Seoul for two days.

V closed his eyes.

Damn! Just when he thought there's progress between him and Jisoo... this happens.

There was a knock on the door and RM entered.

"Hyung." Said V

"You left the party last night in a hurry, I was worried." Said RM

"There was just something I had to do." Said V

And someone who had no care for herself that had to be taken cared of.

"Well Dad was a bit pissed you did not wait for him and Suga. They were suppose to tell you something about the Thai Investor we're meeting later today. It's a very big investment and we need to secure it." Said RM.

V wanted to kick himself. He can't miss that meeting. He knows very well how important that is.

But... but...

"The investor's daughter has come. She's joining the meeting later. Uncle wants you to personally make sure she's comfortable." Said RM

"Comfortable?" Asked V "Is she sick or something?"

RM rolled his eyes.

"Dad wants you to have dinner with her." Said RM. "Take her somewhere she will have a good time."

"Suga should take her. I don't go out any more, remember? Suga knows the best place to hang out." Said V

RM sighed.

"Suga is already engaged." Said RM

"He's only going to show her around." Said V

RM sighed.

"Don't play dumb, V. The Thai heiress is a 25 year old single woman. Why do you think Dad wants you to spend time with her?" Asked RM

V closed his eyes.

"My personal life is no longer something I am allowing Polaris to control." Said V

RM could see the irritation in V's eyes.

"Dad sees a major benefit for Polaris through this partnership. You and Dad had been arguing a lot in our meetings lately. This will give you both an opportunity to settle your differences. Besides, he's worried you're getting old alone. I heard the heiress is very beautiful, intelligent and works as a part time model." Said RM

"I already had those kinds of women before. The pleasure was fleeting. I am not interested." Said V. "Besides, I have something to do after the meeting."

"What is it?" Asked RM

V shrugged

"Just something." Said V

Something like crashing his ex-wife's date with a hoodlum.

----------

From a distance, V could see the Thai investor entering the restaurant. Beside him is a beautiful woman who looked like she was cut out from a magazine. That's probably the daughter RM Hyung was talking about. Physically, she looks perfect, tall, slim and beautiful.

V sighed.

He hopes his Uncle will not make a scene about this. It's clear he wants to pair V and this woman up. But V's occupied at the moment... well maybe a lot longer than just a moment...

Simply put, he's just not interested.

V noticed that his Uncle was already behind the investor laughing with him. It seems his Uncle already spent time with them previously. Why did his Uncle do that? He normally doesn't spend time with a potential investor without V.

V stood up and greeted the investor. He shook the investor's hand and also exchanged a greeting with his daughter.

"This is my daughter Lisa." Said the investor.

V smiled.

"Nice meeting you. Is this your first time in Seoul?" Asked V

"Oh no. It's my third. But this is the first business trip I had here." Lisa answered with a charming smile.

"I see so the previous ones are for vacation?" Asked V

"The first one was for a modeling stint." Said Lisa

"That's a very glamorous reason to come here." Said V

Lisa giggled.

"I am not that glamorous I assure you. I like the street food a lot." Said Lisa

V chuckled. And then he invited everyone to take a seat. RM and Suga were also there.

"I believe you already reviewed our proposal." Said V

The investor nodded

"It looked very promising. That is why I am putting Lisa in charge of this project." Said the investor. "She will stay here in Korea for the duration of the project."

"That's a really good decision." Said Jang Hyuk. "We will make sure Lisa will be comfortable to work with Polaris. And also... we will make sure she enjoys her stay here. Who knows, she may want to spend her life here in the future."

V tried not to show his irritation. His Uncle is really pushing for it. Lisa's prolonged stay in Seoul is also going to cause trouble. But will it? This girl seems to be a star. She probably doesn't like boring CEOs. So he's kinda off the hook right?

"Mr. V." Said Lisa. "I've read so many things about you, wonderful things."

"Oh... really?"

"Yes. I've always admired you, your business style and your management. That is why I tried to convince my father that it's a good opportunity to work with you." Said Lisa

That spark in her eyes as she talked about her admiration for him... V knew that look... this girl actually...

V sighed inside.

This girl likes him. It may be just a petty crush. Or it maybe deeper. He can't say the degree but... as early as now, he could already smell trouble.

"I assure you that the articles are overdramatic." Said V. "They have the tendency to exaggerate my achievements."

"Oh I like that." Said the investor. "That's a really good response to a compliment. I like you Boy. You and Lisa will surely get along well."

V tried to smile.

"I'm sure we will get along just fine. Same as she will also get along well with RM and Suga. We all wanted to have a younger sister." Said V

Lisa's eyes widened. The investor's eyes went to Jang Hyuk. Jang Hyuk cleared his throat.

"Good things come from small beginnings." Said Jang Hyuk. "Everything starts from baby steps."

The investor laughed.

"Of course. Good. Very good."

RM bit his lip trying not to laugh at the frustration he knows V is trying to hide.

What trouble will this cause?

-----

Jisoo is cramming. Just a few minutes before she had to leave the office for that date, CEO V called and asked her to do another report! He knows she has a date right? And this report is not even due for another week!

"Don't worry Eonnie. I will help you finish it." Said Jennie

"You know what... I can just stay here and finish this report. You're also single, why don't you go and meet that guy." Said Jisoo

"Eonnie, I never run out of dates. While you, you try to shy away from each and every opportunity!" Said Jennie. "Trust me, you need this."

They finished the report soon enough. But not enough to have time to dress up and put makeup. So Rose just tied her hair back and put some bright red lipstick on her. It was better than nothing.

Jisoo arrived at a restaurant, it was stylish and elegant. She should have changed her clothes.

When she saw table 5, she took a deep breath as she approached the man who was probably around 30, a bit chubby but looks to be a charming and kind guy.

Jisoo smiled when she greeted the man.

"Hi I'm Kim Jisoo"

The man's eyes widened and he quickly stood up to help Jisoo to her seat.

"You... erm... you look different from your photo." Said the man

Jisoo tried not to show her disappointment.

"My friends probably sent an old photo of mine." Said Jisoo

"I see."

Just then Jisoo noticed RM, Suga and their Dad leaving the restaurant with some men. Jisoo tried to hide her face. When they were gone, she felt relieved.

"Are you all right?" Asked the man

"Ummm yes. " said Jisoo. "This is a fancy restaurant."

"I like this first date to be perfect." Said the man

Poor guy. He wanted a perfect date. Yet here she is...

And then someone stopped in front of Jisoo's table. She immediately stood up as she felt that odd acceleration of her heartbeat whenever he's around.

What is CEO V doing here? Was there a meeting? Was he woth his Uncle and cousins?

V's eyes looked sharp as he looked at Jisoo all over. And then he looked at her date from head to feet.

"So this was the place, huh?" Said V

And then a gorgeous Aphrodite walked towards V.

"Mr. V, do you know them?" Asked the Aphrodite

V's jaws looked clenched as he spoke.

"She's my part time secretary." Said V

"Oh! What a coincidence. I'm Lisa. I will be working closely with Mr. V from now on. I'm pretty sure we'll see each other a lot." Lisa extended her hand for a shake.

Jisoo hesitantly shook Lisa's hand.

"Nice... to meet you."

She's beautiful... and he's handsome... they match pretty well... most especially in this elegant restaurant.

A deep unsettling... but painful feeling crept into Jisoo's heart.

"So Mr. V, you said you can't have dinner with me because you're in a hurry right?" Asked Lisa. "But can I at least ask you to take me back to my hotel?"

Wow! That could be interpreted in a lot of ways... Jisoo shook the indecent thoughts from her mind. Whether thy go to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter