Revenge

Stargazer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hello Guys! Hearing from you really is comforting.:D Thank you for your comments!

As promised, I have uploaded chapter 7 today. But as you may already know, I will be out for a week and will only be able to update (add chapter 8) after I come back. 

Enjoy this chapter! (Although I don't think enjoy is the right feeling for this chapter.:( )

-Mahogany4_Mel ;)

 

 

 

Chapter 7

Revenge

 

V pulled Jisoo beside him as they sat on the sofa. He kissed her, passionately with hunger and longing...It was as if he couldn’t let her go, it was a very long kiss. Every time Jisoo would pull away to take a breath, V would pull her back. Jisoo felt something close to desperation in V’s kiss. And then when he let her go, he kissed her forehead for a very long time.



 

Jisoo bit her lip. What is going on? Why does it feel like dark clouds are coming?

 

"We need to talk." V said as he pulled away. 



 

Jisoo felt nervous. 


 


"This conversation...I was trying not to have it with anyone. Even you. It's so painful for me... and I..."

 

Jisoo held V's hand.

 

"I will listen." Said Jisoo.

 

V took a long sigh.

 

"My Dad... do you know how he died?" Asked V

 

V is opening up about his Dad?
He is finally opening up his past that he couldn’t even let her take a glimpse of?
Jisoo cleared .

 

"Umm.... I heard it was Heart attack?"



 

"That's what most people know. But he died of suicide, Jisoo." 


 

Jisoo could not respond.

Did she hear that right?

 

"He could not bear it. My mom died early and he was alone. His best friend connived with several other shareholders and voted to kick him out of his own company. Everything he worked hard for was taken from him." Said V. "Even the house we lived in."



 

Jisoo tightened her hold on V's hand but she saw him stiffen. She pulled her hand back.



 

"My Dad was a stockholder in the same company... it was Polaris right? My Dad would have known if something like that happened." Said Jisoo



 

"I'm sure he did. Because he was the mastermind behind my Dad's downfall." Said V



 

"No..." 



 

Jisoo felt like a heavy weight suddenly crashed on her. 



 

"No that can't be... they were friends.... close friends...I'm sure it's not Dad's doing." Said Jisoo



 

Jisoo could see the seriousness and intensity, the anger and hatred in V's eyes. 


 

"We spent a lot of time in the investigation Jisoo. And all the evidence point to Alfie Kim, your Dad." Said V



 

"No... I don't think Dad can do that." Said Jisoo



 

"All these years I had only one goal. And that is revenge. I will take what's ours. I will make Alfie Kim fall and I will reclaim Polaris." Said V



 

Jisoo's eyes watered as pain shoot up her chest.



 

"You've planned to get revenge against my Dad?" asked Jisoo. 



 

Jisoo's eyes closed as she absorbed V's words. He had planned the revenge all these years... does that mean...



 

"Was I part of the plan?" Jisoo asked, her voice trembling. 



 

"Not at first." Said V



 

"But... but now I am?" Jisoo whispered. "How?"



 

V closed his eyes. He could not find the strength to continue. Seeing Jisoo breaking is killing him... once he gives the final blow, all of this will end....

All of it...

 

And he didn't want it to... oh he didn't... but he can't keep her... after everything he has done and will do... he can't keep her. 



 

"I...I had to marry you." V's voice was strained. "To get the shares I need to penetrate Polaris." 



 

Jisoo's eyes widened, looking shocked at the revelation. 



 

"So you married me... so that you can get my shares... so you can take revenge on my Dad?" Asked Jisoo



 

V nodded.



 

Jisoo sobbed hard and V's entire body shook. He wanted to touch her, hug her, take the pain away from her...



 

"So I was right. You never really did love me." whispered Jisoo.

 

Jisoo’s continued to cry hard as pain consumed her heart.

 

"I get it now. That's why you didn't want to be with me. That's why you keep pushing me away... because you did not love me... you were only using me." 



 

"Jisoo listen to me. There are so many people who had been waiting for this. They've worked so hard. This is not only about me, but all the people whose lives were destroyed by that plot to ruin my Dad." Said V



 

"And that's why you didn't care if you've hurt me for as long as you all could get your revenge?"



 

V did not answer. He looked at her like he was also close to tears.



 

"You are the only person who stands in my way, Jisoo. I have never allowed anyone to stand in my way... but you... have melted something in me... you brought light to me...." said V


 


"But that light... was not enough to make you forgive what you think my Dad did?" 


 


"We need retribution Jisoo... we need to fix the lives that were destroyed." 

said V.

 

And so this is why RM asked her 'will your love be enough?' Because the hate in V's heart ran so deep, even her love could not uproot it. 



 

"Did you even love me?" asked Jisoo



 

"Would you believe if I said yes?" Whispered V, his own voice is shaking. 



 

Jisoo shook her head.



 

"You are such a great actor I don't know what to believe anymore." Said Jisoo. "If you loved me... even if it's just a tiny bit...can you stop this please. Don't take your revenge anymore. For me... for my family."



 

V stood up.



 

"I can't. I'm sorry."



 

V walked towards the door to leave but Jisoo blocked his way.



 

"You are still going to do it? How about me and Mom? What will happen to us?" 



 

V clenched his jaw.



 

"I can take care of you. Once everything is done, I will see to it that you and your mom are comfortable. But I can't stop this... not even for you Jisoo... No matter how hard it is for me to know that this will crush you, I can't give this up."



 

V touched Jisoo's jaw and felt her flinch. But he did not let her go.



 

"I have never regretted anything in my life. I have never felt sorry for any pain I caused anyone else for as long as I get what I want. But with you... everything changed." V kissed Jisoo's brow.



 

"Using you is my greatest regret, Jisoo." Said V. " and letting you go is the greatest pain I would endure forever."



 

And then V walked away.



 

Jisoo fell on the floor helpless.




 

-------

 

 



After that night, everything happened fast. It was like whirlwind. Jisoo could not do anything. Alfie Kim was kicked out of his own company. They immediately learned it was V and his Uncle's family who was behind everything. Jisoo knew. But her Dad had to find out from the news when V granted an interview. He told everyone how Alfie Kim stole everything from his Dad had and how he got away with it looking like an innocent man.

 

Alfie was beyond furious. He tried to fight V but it was a losing battle. V’s side had so much evidence, the courts were obviously going to decide in favor of V.

 

However, Jisoo did not file for divorce.

 

That time she still had hope.

 

Jisoo went to Jang Hyuk’s company to see V, she wanted to talk to him. Ask him to reconsider, as him to forgive her Dad. But as soon as she gave her name to the receptionist, guards started to ask her to leave.

 

“I am here to see my husband.” Said Jisoo. “Why are you trying to intimidate me?”

 

“Sorry Mam but we have strict orders from the court to not allow anyone from your family to make any contact with Mr. V’s family. It’s for their protection.”

 

“Excuse me? Do you think I’m capable of hurting anyone? I am here to talk to my husband. Now get out of my way.” Said  Jisoo

 

“I’m sorry Mam but we can’t allow that.” Said the guard.

 

“Let me talk to her.” Said a man from behind the guads. It was RM.

 

“I won’t take long.” Said Jisoo. “I just really want to talk to V Oppa.”

 

RM sighed.

 

“We should probably go somewhere more private.” Said RM

 

“Why? I don’t have much time. I’m sorry but I can’t have a chitchat with you. The court decision will be given in two days. I need to talk to him now.” Said Jisoo, a bit impatient.

 

“I… don’t think that’s a good idea.”

 

“Why not? We are husband and wife. Why are you preventing me from talking to him?”

 

“If he wants to talk to you, he would have already answered your calls.” Said RM. “I don’t think he can see you right now.”

 

“Why?” Jisoo’s voice started to shake. “I… want to ask him to drop the case. I need to personally talk to him and convince him to do that.”

 

“I’m sorry but until this is over, I don’t think he’s going to see you.” said RM

 

Jisoo took a deep breath as she lowered her knees to the ground. RM’s eyes widened and he immediately tried to pull Jisoo up. But Jisoo continued to kneel before RM.

 

“Please… I beg you… bring me to him… let me talk to him. Don’t let him do this to my family. Please don’t let him destroy my family.” Said Jisoo, tears now falling from her eyes. “Let me see him, please let me talk to him.”

 

RM shook his head.

 

“I’m sorry Jisoo. But this time, I don’t think your love is enough to stop him. Please give up.”

 

And then RM walked away.

 

-----------------

 

 

RM entered V’s room. The room was dark and V was sitting in the corner, his eyes were closed as if he was sleeping. But RM knew he wasn’t.

 

“I told her to leave.” Said RM

 

There was no answer.

 

“I told her you will not see her until this is over.” Said RM.

 

Still no response.

 

RM walked towards V and sighed as he stood in front of V.

 

“She… she knelt in front of me…”

 

V’s eyes lightly opened, his hand went to his forehead as if a headache just hit him.

 

“She begged me to allow her to see you… she wanted to talk to you.”

 

RM could see the moisture in V’s eyes in the dark. His eyes looked swollen. V doesn’t cry… he rarely does. And so RM knew the pain had to be excruciating for V.

 

“She wanted to ask you to drop the case.” Said RM.

 

V took a long breath as he lifted his eyes to RM.

 

“She’s never going to forgive me now.” Said V. “She’s going to hate me.”

 

“Isn’t that expected? From the beginning, we knew this would happen.” Said RM.

 

V shook his head.

 

“No… I didn’t know… I only thought of what we will gain from the plan… but I never knew what I would lose.” Said V

 

Tears are now falling from V’s eyes.

 

“And what did you lose, V?” asked RM

 

V bowed his head as his shoulders shook.

 

“My life…” whispered V.

 

----------------

 

 

Jisoo tried to go to V’s office for two more times, but she never got the chance to see V. She was always forced to leave. After that, she continued to try to call him but… she never got the chance to talk to him until the verdict was given.

 

Jisoo left the house she shared with V. Even that house was transferred to V's name. There was no reason for her to stay. V went back to stay with his uncle after their three day trip. 



 

Alfie Kim went into depression soon after that. He admitted that he indeed overthrew V's Dad in the company. And Jisoo had never felt so crushed. She did not go see V and beg him for forgiveness anymore. She knew by then that it would be pointless. 



 

After that, Jisoo had to sell most of their possession to rent a small apartment for them. Her Dad could not take it. Jisoo's mom started to work at a factory. Jisoo started to look for a job. But the competition was so fierce it was so hard to find a job for someone like her with only average intelligence. Soon Jisoo's Mom got sick and she had to quit the factory.

 

In one of the conversations Jisoo had with her Dad, her Dad could not admit that he did wrong.

 

“It was how business is done. It’s the fight for power.” Said Alfie Ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter