Bite

Stargazer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 10

Bite

 

 

Jisoo arrived home and was astounded to find two lobsters on her takeaway bag! But... why? Did V also ask his lobster to be put in her bag? But why would he do that?

Jisoo was about to make a call for V when she realized she didn’t have V’s number.

"That smells good" said Sonia

Oh no…

Sonia went beside Jisoo and her eyes got wide.

"You bought lobsters?"

Jisoo could see her Mom's eyes twinkling with delight. Jisoo’s worry vanished and couldn't help but giggle.

"No Mom. It was... the company CEO asked me to take it home." Said Jisoo

"He is extremely generous. And it smells like my favorite lobster from that expensive restaurant we used to go to." Said Sonia

They indeed came from that restaurant. But... if Sonia finds out who the CEO is, will she still eat the lobster?

"Do you want to try it?" Asked Jisoo

"Of course!"

Jisoo and Sonia started eating the lobster and they both closed their eyes on the first bite.

"This is so good!" Said Sonia. "Spicy and sweet just the way we like it."

Jisoo smiled. Her mom is enjoying the food. She has not seen her mom this excited for a long time. And that doubled her enjoyment as well.

"Let's eat it up Mom. It's best eaten fresh." Said Jisoo

And so they let the lobsters fill their stomach.

------
 


V let his top Marketing director give a lecture to the Diamond Skin marketing team. It was a crash course and everything is taught fast. The marketing Director was a very good teacher but without experience, everything he's teaching are only theories.

After an entire day of training, V could see everyone in the marketing team looking tired and drained, including Jisoo.

"I know everything seemed fast. But you need this." Said V. "Time is running."

"We are up for the challenge Sir." Said Kwangsoo. "We will learn as fast as we can."

Everyone agreed.

"Good." Said V. "On next week we will have a workshop, it will be a 2 day over night workshop. Be sure to focus and learn as much as you can."

Every one nodded.

"For today, I will all treat you for dinner." Said V

That widened every one's eyes.

"I want to know your team better. That's the only way I could help you grow." Said V

Everyone suddenly looked excited. Well except Jisoo. She has a part time secretarial duty tonight and she wanted it done as soon as possible.

They went to a barbecue restaurant. Everyone seemed nervous at first.

"So." Said V. "I want to know basic things like... how are your families, do you have siblings, are you married, how many kids."

Sukjin was first to answer.

"I'm married Sir. Two kids. Been married for 8 years now. Just went through a rough 7th year. Hopefully this year is better." He said.

"Have two older siblings both married now. I have a boyfriend. If things go well, we may get married next year." Said Dahyun

"You look young." Said V

"Oh! I'm 27, Sir." Said Dahyun

Same age as Jisoo.

"I'm single Sir. Still waiting for my one and only." Said Kwangsoo. "I have not met her yet."

Jennie giggled.

"It's because you always like the model types who of course likes hot men." Said Jennie

"Am I not hot?" Asked Kwangsoo

Everyone just shrugged and then laughters were heard everywhere.

"I'm also single Sir. My last boyfriend was the worst. Cheated on me while trying to get money from my parents. My family lives in the province. I live in a house with some friends here in Seoul." Said Jennie, giving off that shy pretty smile.

"Your turn Eonnie." Said Jennie, tapping Jisoo's arm.

Jisoo was sitting farthest from V.

"Ummm... only child." Said Jisoo

"Hey shake it out Jisoo. Don't be so nervous." Said Kwangsoo. "The CEO wants to know us more."

At the mention of Jisoo's name, she wanted to disappear. By now, two days after she had that lobster dinner, V would have already known her name. There's an 80% probability that he knows who she is. And she wants as little interaction with him as possible.

"You were married before right?" Asked Sukjin

Out of all the questions in the world!

Jisoo's eyes immediately went to V. She saw his eyes widening a bit but it was gone as soon as it appeared.

Oh wow. Just wow.

Jisoo tried not to sigh.

"But not anymore." Answered Jisoo. "I... am divorced."

"Right." Said Jennie. "Eonnie is divorced."

"But you were already divorced when I first met you." Said Sukjin. "How young were you married?"

This is a highly uncomfortable conversation. She doesn't normally talk about her past. And she doesn't want to start now... especially not when V is within the same table.

"22. I got married at 22... got divorced at 22." Said Jisoo

"Wow! Such a short marriage. Why? What did that jerk do?" Asked Kwangsoo

Jisoo's eyes widened. Kwangsoo is going to bring trouble over their team if he continues with the insults!

"I bet he's a young scumbag who was immature." Said Sukjin

Oh no... the insults are raining...

"Or perhaps he's a cheater who loves those curves." Said Dahyun. "Not that I mean you don't have curves, Eonnie."

Well Jisoo indeed lost all her curves the past years.

"I bet he's an old bastard who's maybe prone to abusing women." Said Jennie

"Please stop." Said Jisoo, intentionally trying not to look at V. "It was none of those things."

Everyone went silent.

"But those are the reasons why people get divorced." Said Kwangsoo.

"I... don't want to talk about the details. It was a past I tried to forget. But..." Jisoo took a deep breath as her eyes went to V. V was looking at her, his brows drawn together.

"He's not like that."

"Then what is he like?" Asked Sukjin

"He... was driven and excellent... he achieved so many things even when we're young. I fell in love with him. I don't know if he loved me. In the end, there's so much pain... my love for him was not enough." Said Jisoo, her eyes not leaving V.

V felt pain gripped his whole being as Jisoo's words hit him hard.

Everyone went completely silent.

"And is the pain ... gone now?" Asked V

Jisoo tried to steady her voice, why is he asking her this?

"No... the pain will never be gone." Said Jisoo. "I wish it were gone..."

Jisoo and V stared at each other for a while. It was like something was being communicated through their eyes and yet... there was nothing.

Kwangsoo cleared his throat.

"Do you believe in second chances?" Asked Kwangsoo.

V's eyes started to look at Jisoo with intensity.

"That ex husband is out of Eonnie's life now." Said Jennie, with anger. "There will be no second chance because he's not ever going to return."

"Cool down, girl. I was only asking. You know how fate sometimes plays this silly game of second chances right? Often times, we do not control who enters or returns in our lives." Said Kwangsoo

Jisoo took a deep breath as V continued to hold her stare.

"Some times fate is our enemy... but some times it's our friend." Said Kwangsoo. "We never know what ending fate has in mind for us."

---------

Jisoo is confused. She needs to learn the secretary duties but where is the secretary who will teach her?

"What are you doing there? Come inside my office." Called V

Jisoo hesitantly went inside V's office.

"Umm... I can just stay here on you secretary's table, Sir." Said Jisoo

"How do you suppose you'd learn your job if you're going to stay outside my office? Are you asking me to sit outside my office with you?" Asked V

Jisoo's eyes widened.

"Are you... going to teach me?" Asked Jisoo

"Do you see any one else here?" Asked V

Jisoo gulped. Indeed the office looked empty. It's nine in the evening and most of the employees seemed to have gone home.

This... is bad.

To be alone with V like this is nerve wracking...

V could feel Jisoo's fear from where he stood. He's not even standing close to her. He's trying his best not to threaten her.

"My secretary volunteered to teach you. But he just got married and he's also having a hard time learning his new job." Said V. "That's why I took it to myself to teach you."

Jisoo gulped and nodded.

"All right..."

But Jisoo stayed where she was standing.

“Is there a particular reason why you are standing too far from me when I’m supposed to teach you?” asked V

“I would like to ask a question.” Said Jisoo. “I guess it’s more of a request.”

V folded his arms across his chest.

“What is it?”

Jisoo bit her lip.

“Ummm last night…  the lobsters… there were two of them in the takeaway bag.” Said Jisoo

V did not seem surprised.

“So… you see my mom and I did not want it to go to waste so we ate them all up.” Said Jisoo

V nodded.

“But it wasn’t right… I mean… that was too much… so… can you just… deduct that from my salary?” asked Jisoo

V’s eyes thinned.

“That was a treat. I did not say you had to pay for it.” Said V

“It was… too expensive to be a treat.” Said Jisoo.

“Did you like it?” asled V

Huh?

“The lobsters?” asked Jisoo

“Did you enjoy eating them with your mom?” asked V

“Umm… yes. My mom was very happy. I enjoyed seeing her happy. It was such a good tasting lobster.” Said Jisoo, a smile lifted her lips.

V’s arms fell on his side. His throat moved.

“Then… if you enjoyed it… you should not trouble yourself with the cost.” Said V. “You can repay me by treating me to a meal next time.” Said V

Oh no… not another meal with him.

“I don’t think I can afford lobsters.” Said Jisoo

“I like home cooked meals.” Said V

That stopped Jisoo.

Did he say… did he mean he liked her… to cook for him?

Jisoo saw several flashbacks on her mind of the countless times she cooked for V but he never ate any of them… except that one time… the chicken barbeque…

"Now come here."

V pointed at the seat in front of his table.

"Sit here." Said V

Jisoo took adeep breath and dragged her feet until she reached the chair. She sat across V.

"Do I look like I have fangs?" Asked V

Huh?!

"Wh... what?" Asked Jisoo, suddenly confused.

"You look so scared like I would bite you." Said V

"Oh..."

"Do I look like I bite?" Asked V

Jisoo gulped.

V... indeed bites...he used to be fond of biting her ear… he bites sometimes in between kisses...

Jisoo closed her eyes as she shook the vision off her mind. She felt heat crawl on her neck and face.

When she opened her eyes, V was looking straight at her with what looked like... hunger.

It can’t be…

Jisoo gripped her chair.

"I assure you... that while you work as my part time secretary..." V's voice sounded strained. "I will refrain from biting..."

Jisoo held her breath.

"... any part... of you." Said V

Jisoo's eyes widened. She felt that familiar deep longing and heat spreading all over her body. V wasn't even touching her... it was the way he looked at her... the way his husky and strained words flowed out from his lips...

Of course all of this doesn't make sense. She's probably imagining this.

V closed his eyes as he reached for a small cabinet behind him.

Jisoo touched her collar wanting to pull it loose. It feels so... hot in there.

And then V placed cold water bottles on the table. It seems the small cabinet was a fridge. His eyes were on her hand which was apparently successful in its attempt to loosen her blouse, one button popped open. Jisoo felt cold air touched the skin on her chest.

V's eyes widened. He stared at her in complete silence for a minute or two.

Jisoo sat still. She held her breath.

"Get one.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter