Party

Stargazer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*** Sorry that I keep miscalculating the chapter guys. To clarify, this story will end at chapter 20. :D

 

 

Chapter 17

Party

 

Jisoo was inside Jin’s car. Jin has been driving and Jisoo had been deep in thought. Tomorrow is the party and Jisoo is still feeling confused whether it is right for her to go or not.

“Sunbae… I think we need to talk.” Said Jisoo

“You finally spoke.” Said Jin. “You’ve been so silent the entire afternoon, I was getting worried.”

Jisoo sighed.

“So many things weigh on my mind.” Said Jisoo.

“Like what?” asked Jin

“Like the party.” Said Jisoo

Jin parked his car on the side of the road.

“Are you nervous? I told you right. That was your world. I’m pretty sure you’d not find it difficult to return to that world.” Said Jin

“That indeed makes me nervous… but aside from that… there’s something else on my mind.” Said Jisoo

“What is it?” asked Jin

“Sunbae.” Jisoo took a deep breath. “About V…Sir V.”

Jin sighed.

“You should not think of him anymore. He is nothing but a dark past that should be buried somewhere you won’t remember him.” Said Jin

Jisoo clasped her hands together.

“Sunbae… I… want to be honest with you… because you are a close friend.” Said Jisoo.

She has to say it… she has to tell him the truth…

“The past weeks I’ve been so confused… I tried my best… I tried to protect myself from him… I tried to lock my heart but… it seems I can’t lock out the one who’s been there all along.”

Jin’s brows furrowed.

“You are right. You’re confused Jisoo.” Said Jin, his jaws clenched.

“I… may still be in love with him.” Said Jisoo

Jin took a moment to answer. Jisoo gulped. She knows she’s not being kind to Jin right now. But what can she do? She can’t lie to him!

“No. You probably think you are but you are not in love with him anymore. He has done so many terrible things to you.” said Jin

“I thought my heart was incapable of feeling anything for him aside from hate. I thought I’d forever harbor the pain. But I realized that it was more painful to push him away. It was more painful to pretend.” Said Jisoo

Jin closed his eyes tight, Jisoo could see his frustration and hurt.

“That is why… I don’t want to put your hopes up, sunbae.” Said Jisoo. “There’s still time to find a new date for the party. I’m sure there will be so many other girls who will be willing to go with you.”

“I didn’t have a backup plan. You are the only one, Jisoo.” Said Jin

“But… if I go with you…”

“I’m not just talking about the party, Jisoo. I mean my future… my life… when I came back, I had only one goal and that is to make you fall in love with me the way I love you. I didn’t have any plan B because I was going to make sure I will not fail.” Said Jin. “You are the only future I see Jisoo.”

Jisoo did not know how to respond. She’s overwhelmed by Jin’s confessions… But she can’t lead him on.

“I’m sorry Sunbae…”

“Don’t speak as if you’ve made up your mind.” Said Jin. “You said you’re confused. That means you’re still thinking about it.”

Jin held Jisoo’s hand.

“I can’t let you put yourself in danger anger by being near that man.” said Jin.

“If I go… to the party tomorrow… I don’t know what will happen, Sunbae. V will be there… his engagement with Miss Lisa could happen there… I…” Jisoo took a long breath. “I don’t know if I can bear it.”

“I will be there for you. I will help you move on completely from him.”  Said Jin.

“And what if my heart takes over? What if I can’t stop myself? What if…”

“Just think about the things he did, Jisoo. The things you lost. Think about them… and then you will realize he isn’t worth all the pain.”

--------------
 

Jisoo knew it was a mistake to say yes to go with Jin to this party. But Jennie and Rose had good points. It’s better to face this than to run from it.

Jisoo is wearing a red top and a black skirt. The red top showed a lot of her chest but not too low as to show any cleavage. It was enough to catch the attention of people especially because it made Jisoo’s face glow. Jisoo’s hair was fixed in a salon. And Rose helped Jisoo with her makeup. In total, when Jisoo looked in the mirror, she actually looked like… Kim Jisoo of her vibrant years. She’s a bit thinner now though, but even that is not so bad.

Jisoo tried to stand straight as Jin pulled her close putting her hand on his arm.

“Well red suits you well.” Said Jin

“Really?”

“Back in college. You had this red blouse you wear once in a while. Whenever you were wearing that, I couldn’t take my eyes off you.” said Jin.

Jisoo cleared .

“Oh… well… then I guess red suits me.”

Jin chuckled.

“It does. You don’t know how beautiful you look tonight Jisoo.” said Jin.

“Oh…umm…Thank you.” Jisoo said shyly.

Once they entered the party, there were already many people. Jisoo felt really nervous. Some people immediately recognized Jin and talked to him. Jisoo tried to smile all the way… she didn’t want to embarrass Jin. When people tried to talk to her, she answered politely. She only had few words but she could see that Jin appreciated her effort. The old Jisoo who can talk to any people at ease is gone. The Jisoo now is still trying her best to re-learn the social skills she’d lost. Good thing Jin was very understanding.

Jin brought Jisoo to a table.

“You should sit down. We’ve been going around for a long time. I’m sure you’re tired.” Said Jin

Jisoo smiled.

“Don’t worry about me, sunbae. You’re right I need a chair. My shoes are killing me.” Said Jisoo giggling. ”I’m no longer used to wearing these stilettos.”

“I should have noticed you were already suffering while I still dragged you on to greet people.” Said Jin

“That’s fine. You need that for your business. Go ahead, Sunbae. You should not stop because of me. Let me just sit down for a while. Come back for me once you get tired.” Said Jisoo

“Are you sure?” asked Jin

Jisoo nodded.

“Don’t waste this opportunity for your business, Sunbae.” Said Jisoo. “Parties like this are hard to come by.”

Jin smiled, touched her hand and kissed it. And then Jin was gone even before Jisoo could even react.

------------

Jin was walking towards a potential client when he saw the commotion by the door. It was as if a celebrity came and people wanted to be the first to greet him. And he was right. There indeed was a celebrity. It was V and his date Lisa. Good thing Jisoo was sitting somewhere at the back. V will not easily locate her. Or maybe he won’t locate her at all. V is very ambitious. These kinds of parties are used for business. V probably will not spend too much time on looking for Jisoo when there are hundreds of potential clients just waiting for him.

Jin continued to talk with people. He was on his fifth prospective client when he saw Lisa getting some drinks.

Alone.

Jin’s brows furrowed.

Seeing Lisa alone, not with her date, has made him irritated.

Where is V?

Jin went to Lisa.

Lisa was startled to see him.

“I heard a good news is coming about you and V.” said Jin.

“Well… it seems like gossipers are everywhere these days.” Said Lisa

“Many people in this party are aware of it. I’m sure they’re just waiting for the announcement to be made.” Said Jin.

Lisa smiled.

“Well… we’ll see won’t we?” Said Lisa.

“So it seems like your date has left you.” said Jin

“Oh, V? He’s busy greeting business contacts.” Said Lisa

“As his future wife, you should be interested in his contacts.” Said Jin

 “Well….You should be busy with Jisoo, not partying here.” Said Lisa, a bit irritated.

“Jisoo is with me in this party you know.” Said Jin. “She dressed up beautifully tonight.”

Lisa’s brows furrowed.

V would definitely lose focus if he sees his secretary here…

“Wow. Why would you bring her here? She will be out of place. No dress or makeup will make her fit in.” Said Lisa

“You don’t know a lot of things about Jisoo, do you?” asked Jin

Lisa smiled.

“I confess I am not interested in her the way you do.” Said Lisa

“This world is Jisoo’s real world. This world was the world she belonged to from childhood until five years ago.” Said Jin

“What do you mean?” asked Lisa.

“Jisoo was the heiress of Polaris group of companies five years ago.” Said Jin.

“What? Are you kidding?” asked Lisa, laughing.

“You can laugh all you want but there’s an easy way now to verify that information. It was a highly publicized news. Jisoo’s Dad was kicked out of Polaris. It was V who kicked him out. Jisoo was devastated. Because her ex-husband used her to kick her own father out from their company.” Said Jin

“Wh…” Lisa looked shocked. “Wait…you are confusing me… let me get this straight…”

Lisa took a deep breath.

“Jisoo was married?” asked Lisa “To the man who kicked her father out of Polaris?”

Jin nodded.

“And that man is…”

“That man is V.” said Jin

Lisa held on the table beside her.

“V’s… ex-wife is Jisoo?”

 

"Do you... still have feelings for your ex-wife?

"Yes, I still love her."

 

Lisa felt like her world started crumbling.

Jin’s eyes thinned. He could see the worry and anxiety in Lisa’s eyes.

“What’s the matter?” asked Jin

Lisa grabbed Jin’s arm tight.

“Where is Jisoo?” asked Lisa

“I left her on a table so she can rest.” Said Jin

“Which table? Tell me now.” Said Lisa

“What’s wrong, Lisa?” asked Jin.

“Tell me!” said Lisa

Jin looked around and saw the table he left Jisoo in was empty.

“She’s no longer there.” Said Jin

Lisa closed her eyes.

“Do you see V anywhere?” asked Lisa

Jin looked around.

“No I can’t find him.” Said Jin. “What’s going on Lisa?”

Lisa opened her eyes.

“Tonight…V has to stay away from his ex-wife.” said Lisa.

“That goes without saying.” Said Jin

“You don’t get it do you?” asked Lisa

“What are you talking about?”

“V… was very much in love with his ex-wife. And he still does.” Said Lisa.

“He was… is in love with Jisoo?” Jin looked alarmed. “That can’t be… he… that’s not possible…”

“V can’t be seen with her or even anywhere near her… so many things are going to be destroyed if he loses focus.” Said Lisa. “Do you think V would be able to stay away from her tonight?”

Jin took a deep breath.

“No. Jisoo is the most beautiful woman I know. And tonight…she’s never been this beautiful.” said Jin. “He will be drawn to her like a firefly to the fire.”

-------------

V was talking to a shareholder of Polaris when an elderly man joined them. The man looked familiar but he can’t remember where he met the old man exactly.

“You are looking good, young man.” said the older man.

“Thank you. You are looking good too Uncle. You look very familiar to me. Where did I see you before?” asked V

“Oh… it’s been a long time. I was in the Polaris party celebrating the anniversary of your ex-wife’s parents when we first met.”

Oh… right… now V remembered.

“You were with my wife…. She was leading you to get some drinks.” Said V

“You remembered.” Said the Uncle

Since the time of the divorce, many things about Jisoo got ingrained in V’s mind. He wanted to keep them and so he tried his best to never forget.

“Good thing you are here.” Said the Uncle. “I never thought I’d see you and your wife again in the same party.”

V’s eyes widened. The shareholder he was talking to also got surprised.

“Really?” asked the shareholder. “V, you came here with Miss Lisa, isn’t it?”

V nodded. His chest started to beat fast. Jisoo is here? Is she really? What would she do here?

“Lisa came here with me.” Said V. “I didn’t know my… my ex-wife would be here.”

“It seems you don’t talk with your ex-wife anymore.” Said the Uncle disappointedly.

“Oh… umm… I have no idea she’ll be here. Maybe it’s just someone who looks like her?” asked V. “She rarely attends social events nowadays.”

“Well we can confirm it.” Said the old man.

And then he waved to someone behind V.

“Here she is.” Said the Uncle.

V turned around and saw a woman, a beautiful woman. She was wearing a red blouse and black skirt. Her hair is long and straight, her face and chest are glowing… she looked… so beautiful… V couldn’t take his eyes off her…<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter