Chapter Five: Weekend Part I

Sequel - My Bias Texted Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As days flew by, the Saturday that you couldn't wait for came in a flash. Donghae had cancelled his schedules for the weekend and told the staff of the show that he couldn't film until later while you had called up the police station you worked at and told them that you would be taking the weekend off.

Right now, though, you and Donghae were preparing for the next day. The kids were, thankfully, all asleep after Donghae and you had coerced them for long hours to rest. Donghae's head was in your lap and your fingers were threaded in his hair as you both talked.

"Let's stay inside all day," he grinned up at you and then ruffled your hair quickly. You frowned at his gesture, despite the smile threatening to break out on your face and flicked his forehead which made him whine.

"Sheesh, can you act your age, please? Sometimes it feels like I'm the older one," you teased, laughing at the large pout adorning his lips. After hearing your words, it only seemed to grow larger before he bent forward and kissed your cheek.

"Ya!" you grunted and he laughed back before returning to settle his head in your lap. A few moments of comfortable silence passed by as you stared into his warm, brown eyes before it was broken by the faint sound of a tapping.

"Those rascals just can't stay asleep, can they?" Donghae sighed longingly and you smiled at the fond expression on his face, watching him roll off the bed and then walk through the door.

You decided to put away the notebook and pen that Donghae was scribbling on, considering that he'd probably not be able to write anything down again. Your suspicions were correct when you saw him walk through the door again, arms full with a chubby baby.

"Someone was busy kicking the bed and almost fell off," Donghae mentioned and you laughed in disbelief before moving slightly to the side, letting him put the boy down before he climbed in after him.

"Hi!" Donghyuk - or was it Donghyun? - grinned up at you and lifted a small palm over his face. You laughed at his furrowing eyebrows and blew a raspberry on his hand, causing him to sputter out a laugh.

"As cute as this all is, I bet you don't even know which twin it is," Donghae joked and you threw him a glare which made him snort and roll his eyes. "Well maybe if you didn't insist on having them wear the same clothes all the time, I would know who is who."

"Yeah, yeah, you're just jealous I can tell the difference. It's Donghyuk," he stuck his tongue out in return and you simply glared at him and then kissed your son's cheek, "Hyukkie, look. Daddy's being mean..."

Instead of showing the usual reaction - which would've been an identical pout as his father - the boy laughed aloud and rolled over to Donghae who immediately scooped him against his own chest.

You smiled at their interaction which consisted of sloppy kisses and tight hugs before you poked Donghae's side.

"Bah!" Donghae pouted at you from above Donghyuk's head and you snorted in amusement before telling him that he should sleep. He nodded and sat up, going to turn the lights of the room off while you turned your bedside lamp on.

As Donghae crawled under the covers again, you smiled as you watched your son climb on his chest and lie down, one hand on the man's heart and the other blindly reaching out for his hand.

Donghae laughed softly and laced Donghyuk's fingers around his index finger, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead moments later.

When you were sure both were asleep, you pulled the cover up to cover their bodies before you turned the lamp off and lay down beside them.

You smiled at the sight of Donghyuk puffing on Donghae's chest while said man unconsciously the back of Donghyuk's head gently. It took a while, but you found yourself falling asleep to the sound of their even breathing.

-


"I'm awake, I'm awake," you grumbled quietly, feeling a palm slapping your cheek repeatedly. Slowly opening your eyes, you came face-to-face with an adorably yawning Donghyuk who lightly rubbed at his eyes.

"Good morning," you whispered when you noticed that Donghae was still snoring softly and hadn't woken up. Donghyuk giggled and threw himself over your body, burying his face into your shoulder.

Running one hand through his hair, you glanced at the clock on Donghae's bedside table and sighed when you realised that it was barely 07:00 AM.

You looked down Donghyuk who was squirming and it took you a few moments to register why he had probably woken up in the first place. You slowly got off the bed to ensure that Donghae wouldn't awaken and left to the kids' bedroom to confirm your suspicions.


You changed Donghyuk's nappy and decided to stay in their room since you probably wouldn't be able to sleep again afterwards. Laying the boy down on the mattress of his bed, you patted him to sleep for a good twenty minutes which tired you out more than you even expected.

You soon found yourself asleep on the play mats on the floor, too tired to even go back to your bedroom.

-


"Good morning!" once again, you were awoken, but it was due to a familiar weight on your stomach. You groaned and opened your eyes, smiling tiredly when you saw Donghae on your side with one arm thrown over your waist.

"Mornin'," you mumbled and smiled when he pulled you closer to him and buried his nose in your hair. You snuggled against his chest and laughed quietly when he kissed your forehead repeatedly. "What time is it?"

"Almost the afternoon, we should wake up," he suggested and you sleepily agreed, sitting up as he guided you both comfortably. You opened the curtains as Donghae decided to join Bada and Haesu on their bed, falling face first between their heads with both arms around the girls.

"Bah..." Bada groaned and rolled away from him and you snorted when you saw your childish husband whine and chase after her with his nose that he immediately buried in her hair. Laughing at her obvious rejection, you went to wake up Aejae and Daebak who were still asleep.

Waking Daebak was easy since he had been asleep for a long time and as soon as he opened his eyes, he stood up and wrapped his arms around your neck. You laughed softly and properly sat down, allowing Daebak to warp his limbs around you and rest his head against your chest.

"Are you awake yet?" you laughed as he mumbled softly and played with the e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter