Chapter Four: The Misunderstanding

Sequel - My Bias Texted Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You had been sleeping peacefully in the embrace of your husband when suddenly a crash echoed to your bedroom followed by a loud cry, causing you and Donghae to jolt awake in surprise. You flinched as the sound increased and sleepily noted Donghae fall off the bed before he was rushing out of your shared room.

A frown had settled on your lips from the shocking awakening and you followed after Donghae, only stopping when you saw your husband's back in the doorway of the kids' room.

"Um, Donghae-ssi?" you murmured tiredly and he turned over his shoulder before a soft smile settled on his lips.

"Why did you wake up? Everything is okay," he said quietly and you glanced down at his arms to see a small mop of hair shaking against his chest.

"Wh-what happened?" you asked and reached your arms forward to Haesu's back, kissing the top of her head when she immediately jumped into your embrace and sniffled.

"Mama, Haesu h-had bad dweam- wah!" Haesu cried out and you glanced at Donghae to see that he looked as worried as you felt. You spared him a weak smile and suggested to them both to go back to your bedroom before someone else woke up too.

Donghae nodded and carried Haesu back to your bedroom and lay the whimpering girl down beside him, pressing his lips against her cheek. You watched the small interaction and felt a flutter in your stomach before you switched the bedside lamp on and sat up next to them both.

"Sweetie, are you okay? What happened?" Donghae asked the sniffling girl while tears off her cheeks and hugging her gently. Haesu buried her head against Donghae's chest and tightly gripped his arm.

"Baba, you're not leaving, right? Hae'u think tha' bab- baba leaving!" she cried out and you and Donghae looked at each other with widened eyes before he hurriedly shushed the girl. He hugged her and sat up, pulling Haesu on his lap and caressing her hair.

"Aigoo, baby girl. Baba is not leaving, okay? Stop crying now, look, I'm still here," Donghae comforted her and sneaked a glance at you which only made you more guilty as you remembered what had happened before you went to sleep. You looked back at Donghae and then sighed quietly, hesitantly lifting your fingers to run them through Haesu's hair.

After a few minutes of attempting to put Haesu to sleep, the young girl finally relaxed against Donghae's chest while his shirt unconsciously. "Are you going to keep her there?" you asked him when Donghae stayed unmoving, staring blankly at the wall opposite to your bed.

"Huh- oh, nah," he muttered and gently turned over, placing her between you both before a long sigh passed his lips. You glanced at him and then gathered your legs against your chest, pressing your cheek against them to look at Donghae. He looked back at you and then leaned over Haesu, planting a soft kiss on your forehead.

"I love you," he murmured and your hair, causing you to lean into his touch. He chuckled softly and then gently prodded your forehead with his fore and middle fingers, "ya, are you a baby? Why are you reacting like Haesu?"

"Shush, I'm your baby," you stuck out your tongue childishly and his smile faded before it slowly brightened and he kissed your forehead. "Yes, you're my baby," he whispered against your hair and then ran his fingers across your cheeks, "don't forget that, okay?"

"Mm," you muttered and sleepily smiled when he softly pushed you down on your back and massaged your temples. You slowly relaxed against the bed and before long, you had fallen into a deep sleep with Donghae's fingers laced with yours.

...

"Lee Donghae, are you crazy?! Why is she talking with you? Who said you could hire-" you were silenced by Donghae slamming his palms on the coffee table followed by a glare in your direction. You felt your stomach drop slightly at his stare and nervously swallowed as he clenched his hands into fists.

"You have no right to say anything, Kim (Y/N)! Have you ever been home long enough to even think about how hard it is alone?!" Donghae shouted back and all sense of reasoning left your brain quickly being replaced by anger.

"What right do I have? Donghae, I'm their mother, how dare you say that?! I've suffered so much alone before you decided to tell everyone the truth, but that's irrelevant now?!" you yelled in return and flinched when he stood up and closed the gap between you.

You froze in your place when he lifted his hand up in anger and glared down at you, his frame shaking visibly. "(Y/N)-ah, why are you like this? You know exactly how you practically raised your nieces and nephews, why are you like this with our kids?"

You both stepped back immediately when a crack echoed through the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter