Chapter Fourteen: The Interview

Sequel - My Bias Texted Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, so... I believe what you're saying..." the detective said after a couple of silent moments with (Y/N) and Donghae crying and the former looking at them in shock. He cleared his throat and his voice dropped an octave lower sympathetically. "But... what about Chaera-ssi?"

"I don't know how she came up with such a story... I've never met with her these past ten years! I only hired her as a nanny for my children because (Y/N) works daily and sometimes overtime while I get called out at the most random times! Eomoni could never have taken care of all of them by herself... it's too much," Donghae said softly and then sighed, massaging the bridge of his nose with his index finger.

"Whatever she said isn't right... I've never harmed my Aejae either... Aejae was in the hospital when he was two years old with a split head... not because I beat him... he fell after losing his footing in the park," Donghae choked and buried his face in his hands, "it was my fault because I didn't grab him on time, but I... I never hurt him... ever..."

"Uhm, okay..." the detective mumbled with his face gaining a pale colour suddenly. "Uh, what about the identical eldest... uh, what's his..."

"Hyukkie? What about Hyukkie?" Donghae asked in worry and the detective seemed momentarily surprised before he cleared his throat awkwardly. "Ah... I think it won't be your fault, but Chaera-ssi demands to know exactly why he is 'such an annoying little brat who refuses to listen to simple instructions like get in a freaking car'... dang that's a little harsh..."

Both parents seemed to think so too because they winced and shoulders sagged in disappointment.

"Ah... Hyukkie is scared of cars. He'd seen a very bad car accident when he was just half a year old and even though he wasn't able to understand fear, he was still affected by it... I have to bribe him every time we need to travel and when he gets too fussy... I can't do anything about that. I don't make him go," Donghae sighed and ran his thumb gently across (Y/N)'s knuckles with the detective looking closely.

"Ah, so what about you, (Y/N)-ssi... is it true that you are Kim Minhyung-ssi's daughter?" he asked and both (Y/N) and Donghae exchanged surprised looks before looking back at the man in confusion. "How... how did you know?"

"Uhm, Minhyuk-ssi announced it publicly this morning... when he asked everyone to pray for Minhyung-ssi, he said you were his little sister too..." the detective trailed off and (Y/N) gaped at his words, "I mean- huh? Do you have a video of this?"

"Uh, not really. It was a live broadcast... I think it all got deleted after a few hours of being up," the detective said with furrowed eyebrows and then looked at her expectantly, "what is it then? True? You're Kim Minhyung-ssi's daughter?"

"Uhm, yes... I'm his youngest daughter..." she mumbled unsurely and the detective suddenly looked very pleased and let out a sigh of relief. "Okay."

"Ah?" (Y/N) and Donghae wondered, looking at each other and then the detective in confusion. "What is it?"

"That's all there is to it. You are both free to go... we can't detain you after you've answered all the questions required. You're free to go back to your hospital

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter