Prologue

Sequel - My Bias Texted Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A small dinging noise awoke me from my slumber when it was still dark outside and I grunted in annoyance, pulling the blanket further up to cover my face. A few moments of silence passed and I felt it safe to drift off again, but the ringing only increased. I tsked angrily and only  ended up sitting properly when I felt an elbow poke my chest.

"Yeobo, please check that..." (Y/N) groaned and turned over so her back was facing me. I grunted under my breath and threw my legs over the side of the bed so that I could easily stand. I sleepily patted the back of (Y/N)'s head when she hummed and then went to find out who was bothering us before the sun had even risen.

It helped that at least my mother and older twins had gone to stay the weekend with my older brother, but once the bell rang again, I heard a distinctive cry from my room. I flinched at the increasing cries and hurried to pull open the door, seriously wanting nothing more than to punch whoever was on the other side. Blinking when I saw him, I wondered what an old man was doing there so early.

"Hello, what is it?" I grumpily questioned the old man stood on the doorstep and watched him nervously twitch before he held out a hand in my direction. I rose my eyebrow and took his offered hand when it seemed that he wouldn't talk unless I shook it, "um, I'm an editor of the show, The Return of Superman and-"

"Sorry, I'm not interested," I answered simply and let go of his hand. He looked panicked as I made a movement to close the door and managed to stop me when he blurted out, "they're threatening to boycott Super Junior!"

"They? What?" I asked in my hazy state and he gulped before he nervously twiddled his fingers. I observed him silently and reached to close the door again, thinking he was messing with me, but his words stopped me again, "they're demanding that you leave Super Junior or join the show unless you want them to boycott Super Junior altogether."

I watched him to see if there was any indication on his face which showed that he was lying, but the firm way his face was tensed made me stop doubting him. I only snapped back to reality when I heard a scream from behind me and I flinched at the sound before I hurried to say goodbye to the man with the promise that I would think about his offer.

After he had left, I locked the door and rushed back to my bedroom, flicking the lamp light when I realised that (Y/N) hadn't done so. "What's wrong with them?" I asked after seeing her awkwardly standing by the crib and gently patting the backs of the identical boys.

"They got scared because of the bell," (Y/N) explained after shooting me a thankful look probably for offering the source of light in the room. She picked the louder twin, Donghyuk it seemed in the dim light, and gently rocked him and I silently observed before following her action to Donghyun.

They both calmed down and fell asleep after a short while and I was so glad that they hadn't woken up their older brothers, Dongwook and Dongwoon, in their fit. If the latter two, who slept in the crib right next to theirs, had awoken there surely would have been a chaos ensued.

"Who was at the door?" (Y/N) asked after I had placed Donghyun back in the crib and covered him and his twin with a blanket. I smiled softly at the five month old babies and then turned around, flipping the switch of the lamp as I did so. I was sleepily guided back to the bed and after we had laid down, I wrapped my arms around (Y/N) and kissed her forehead.

"Let's talk tomorrow," I suggested through a small yawn and felt (Y/N) wordlessly agree, probably feeling more tired than me. I lulled her to sleep while her hair lovingly and then followed her into slumber myself.

...

"Say daddy, come on!" I whined at my kids who only giggled and rolled away from me. I heard a giggle from behind me and turned over my shoulder to smile at (Y/N) who came closer with a stray towel in her hand.

"Have you still not gotten them to call you?" she joked as she sat on the sofa and I frowned, shaking my head in disappointment. "They seem to call you just fine, why not me?!" I cried, knowing I probably looked like a child with my lips pouted, but (Y/N) was obviously used to it.

"Silly, they call me and your mother with the same name. Only Minwoo and Minwon are called something different. They're just not ready to talk yet," (Y/N) shook her head in amusement and I knew she was right, but it didn't feel great that even my nephews had a label from my kids while I received nothing. It made me, in the nicest way possible, sulk like a child.

"It's not the end of the world, at least they love you," she pointed out and I nodded sadly, knowing it was pointless to say anything. I ended up giving up and put them to sleep while (Y/N) went to our room to sleep herself.

When I was sure that Bada and Aejae were deep asleep, I switched the nightlight on and tiptoed out of their room to check on the other twins. I made sure that Eun and Daebak hadn't wet themselves in their sleep and when I was sure that they were completely fine, I left their room and finally went to my room.

It had practically been over eight months since I last returned home and I still hadn't had the chance to meet my until recently new born sons. I had only seen pictures of them and it was painful to admit, but I hadn't been with them at all in their lives.

When I entered the bedroom I shared with my wife and the twins - Dongwook and Dongwoon - I noticed that (Y/N) was still up and looking after one of the boys. I couldn't stop myself from tearing up at the first sight of my twin sons and rushed to help (Y/N) when he kicked her arm and caused her to flinch.

"Ya, I'm back to help you. Go get some rest, I'll look after him for now," I kissed her cheek when she gave me a bewildered look, but then she shrugged and nodded at my words. I smiled and led her to our bed before taking our son and the nappy from her hands.

"Hi, kiddo~ I'm your daddy," I cooed as the boy quietened down slightly and blinked curiously at me. I chuckled softly and took him to the changing mat of the crib before replacing his soiled nappy with a new one.

After the boy was asleep in his crib, I observed the fraternal twins closely and only stopped when I heard a whimper from behind me. I winced at the sound and turned to the bed, seeing how (Y/N) gritted her teeth in her sleep and tightly grip her sides.

-


The next morning, there was trouble in the household. My mother was busy looking after the kids with Donghwa's help, but (Y/N) was very sick and it pained me to see her like that.

I did something stupid - according to (Y/N) herself - that day, but I felt it was necessary. I had absolutely no qualms and rushed my wife to the hospital, without considering the fact that I was a celebrity and no one knew about my family.

I didn't even notice when I had rushed into the hospital and demanded someone to inspect (Y/N) or when there were constant squeals as I walked through the corridors with nurses, and not even when there were obvious whispers from the nurses and doctors tending to my wife. The seriousness of the situation only settled in my head when, almost twenty-four hours later, I was stood with two newborn babies in my hands and Leeteuk in front of me.

"Hae, you were really reckless," Leeteuk frowned with disappointment at me and I felt my shoulders drop, but his next words made a soft smile appear on my lips, "however, what you did is the right thing. Sure there will be people who will hate you for this, but I'm glad you've opened up about the truth... I'm proud of you."

"Thank you, hyung," I smiled softly at him and inhaled a nervous breath. Leeteuk ruffled my hair and then looked down to the two figures in my hands, "so, you got twin boys, huh? Didn't you want girls this time?"

"Ah shush, hyung," I chuckled at his teasing and then shook my head happily, "either way, I'm so happy. I didn't think I would be here when these two were going to be born." Leeteuk nodded with a sad expression on his face before we both started walking to the private rooms I had previously hired.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter