~ 1

Married Off To The Prince

Hakyeon couldn't hate his father more than he already did. Earlier this week, his father announced to the kingdom that Hakyeon was getting married to a partner he was going to choose. The kingdom was more than excited that their crown prince was set to get married, but Hakyeon didn't want to get married. What if his dad chose a partner who looked ugly on the outside? Hakyeon had no choice, but to get married to him or her. And Hakyeon couldn't get a divorce either, because no one wanted a failure who ruled over their kingdom.

''Dad, why? I don't want to get married.'' Hakyeon whined as he followed his dad inside the livingroom. Hakyeon hoped that the arranged marriage could be made undone, but chances remained very little.

His dad turned to Hakyeon and shook his head. If Hakyeon wanted to get the crown on his head, he had to get married first. It was a tradition in the Cha kingdom that the heir was getting married first, before the heir was crowned as the new king or queen.

''You must get married before I'll crown you, Hakyeon. You know that it's a part of the tradition!'' his father said in a demanding tone. Hakyeon couldn't help but sigh. Hakyeon didn't want to get married if he wanted to take the crown, because he didn't want to spend the rest of his life with an ugly husband or wife. Hakyeon was biual and didn't care about the gender of his partner, or so everyone thought. But in fact, Hakyeon was gay and was only interested in guys.

Hakyeon whined when he looked at his dad. Hakyeon was very much against the arranged marriage that his dad planned, but the worst part of it is that his entire family stood behind his dad's plan. His mother, his brothers, his relatives... all of them stood behind the plan to get Hakyeon married before he could take the crown.

''I don't want to get married dad, what if you'll choose a partner who is ugly on the outside?!'' Hakyeon exclaimed and whined again. The king bursted into a huge laughter and placed a hand on his son's shoulder.

''Hakyeon my son, I exactly know what my vision is like. Believe me, your partner will be a partner you will fall in love with. That's how a marriage is like, getting married to someone you love. Believe me Hakyeon, I will find the perfect partner for you and I'm sure that you will fall in love with your partner. Shortly after you two have had your first official meeting, I will announce the engagement.'' the king explained and Hakyeon's eyes widen.

His dad was going to announce the engagement after the two met? Was his dad trying to rush everything? Hakyeon wasn't sure what he had to think of this, but there was no way that resisting would work. His dad was going to choose his partner and Hakyeon had to marry the partner who was chosen by his dad. 

''Well okay then, but don't you dare to choose a partner who is ugly. Because I will refuse to say yes.'' Hakyeon spoke up and walked away, leaving his dad behind in laughter.

Taekwoon also heard of the announcement of the king, but didn't care much of it. The king was going to choose a partner for the prince who definitely was from a royal background, so Taekwoon wasn't worried for his future.

Taekwoon was someone who could've been described as someone who easily would disappear without someone noticing it. On the outside, he looked like a vampire who didn't have emotions or didn't care about anything. But he was caring on the inside and loved his family and his friends dearly. Taekwoon was known as a daddy figure among his friends and they always came to him whenever they needed some support.

Today, Taekwoon was with his best friend Jae Young in a cafe. Everyone in the cafe talked about the announcement the king made earlier, even Jae Young couldn't stop talking about it. Taekwoon wasn't interested in talking about the announcement, because he already knew that it was going to be a prince or a princess who would get married to the crown prince.

''I'm curious who is going to be chosen by the king, hopefully it will be me.'' Jae Young said and smiled when he imagined that he stood next to the prince. Taekwoon hit Jae Young and Jae Young whined when he felt Taekwoon's hand against his head.

''Dream further, Jae Young. The prince will get married to a prince or a princess, so don't expect much from it okay?'' Taekwoon shot back and Jae Young pouted. Jae Young was quite obsessed with the royal family and had a secret crush on the crown prince, but Taekwoon made it all to clear to him that Jae Young would never get close to the prince. Lots of security made sure that Jae Young and the prince were separated from each other.

Jae Young chuckled and looked outside, where a lot of vampires were talking about the announcement of the king. Taekwoon even could hear that some men and women hoped that the king would choose one of them to get married to the prince. To Taekwoon, it was funny to see how excited everyone was about the announcement.

But no one knew how long it was going to take before the king has found a partner for the prince. Taekwoon didn't care how long it was going to take, because it was up to the king how long it was going to take. Taekwoon wasn't that interested in whatever the royal family was doing, because Taekwoon rather had that the family was using their privacy to decide all of this.

''Actually Taekwoon, you would be a perfect partner for the prince too. A relationship doesn't have to be about two of the same personalities all the time, because that doesn't work in most cases. But you're looking like an introvert and you're a caring person behind closed doors, I'm sure that would be a perfect match for the prince.'' Jae Young said and Taekwoon hit him again.

''Oh, shut up. Like I already told you, the king will choose a prince or princess for the crown prince. It'll never be me.'' Taekwoon scoffed and Jae Young chuckled when he saw his friend like this. Jae Young knew that Taekwoon didn't like it if he would connect Taekwoon to the prince in one of these 'imagine' stories.

Taekwoon would swear that he isn't the perfect match for the prince, little does he realise that his life is about to change for good...

A/N Here is the first chapter of Married Off To The Prince. I hope you guys like this twist a bit. It's a concept I used to work on at Wattpad and it was a western story, but I now recycle concepts I used back at Wattpad.