10% : New Job

85%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Many people had asked this question to me before : ‘What do you think of dating Byun Baekhyun?’. And my answer was always the same old: a nervous laugh, a shake of my head and many denials. We both don’t really talk about this kind of things, and I had always thought that it would stay like that, until yesterday. When Baekhyun ambushed me with that question, I was stunned. I didn’t know that he would be asking me that, because honestly, I thought that question was too awkward for both of us to bare. Maybe, he was just curious since I'm sure people would have pester him about the same question before. It is like an untouchable topic that we both secretly want to talk about yet at the same time, secretly signalling each other to never talk about it.

But then again, it must really be not easy for Baekhyun to avoid talking about that topic since he has a lot of friends, and a lot of friends usually just equates to people asking unnecessary questions to both of us.

I heave a tiny sigh, and push the door of the cafe, and the bells jiggle. I thought that I should get a part-time job since the module right now is really easy, and I can handle a job while studying for it. Not to mention, this cafe is really close to the university and my house, so transportation likewise, it is way too convenient for me. A boy is standing behind the counter, with his back facing me, I take a note that he really has broad shoulders and he's literally a giant. He turns his body around and greets me with a half-hearted smile, probably thinking that I am a customer.

“Welcome.” He murmurs, and his back dips a little, I think he is bowing but it doesn't really look a bow. 

“Hi, I saw the sign outside that you need a part-timer?” I point outside the door. “I want to apply.”

“Oh.” He says, and he bends down a little to open the cabinet and pulls out a sheet of paper. “You need to fill up this form.” 

I take the sheet of paper from his hand, and take out a pen from my handbag. I go over to an empty seat, and start filling in my personal information.

After finishing, I got up from the seat, and give him back the paper.

“When can I know the result of my job application?” I ask the guy. He doesn’t reply at all, and instead, he is scanning the sheet of my paper. At first glance, I really thought that he is just a student who is also working part-time, so it really confuse me when he asks me, “When can you start working?”

“I—urh, I am free on Wednesday, Friday and the weekends.” I answer him, still couldn’t hide the surprise in my voice. Shouldn't he call the manager at least? 

Or is he the boss/ manager? But he looks too young to be a boss or a manager. He looks like he's around the same age as Baekhyun and me.

“Ok, since tomorrow is Sunday, see you tomorrow.” He simply says. “Oh right, I forgot to introduce myself.” He mumbles to himself and turns around to face me.

With a stoic face, he tells me, “My name is Oh Sehun. This is my mom’s cafe, and sometimes I look after it. And my mother asks me to just hire someone, so you are hired. Welcome to the team.” He gives me a curt nod, and goes on whipping something. It seems like he is baking something.

I stand there, feeling a little bit flabbergasted, until it fully registers inside my brain. I am hired! I have a frigging job!

With a wide grin plastered on my face, I bow at the back of my boss’s son, and tell him gratefully, “Thank you so much! I will work hard.”

He just nods his head without actually turning to look at me, and taking his cold response as a cue for me to leave the cafe, and so I leave--with that wide grin on myself.

Obviously I have to share the great news with my best friend, so I text Baekhyun as soon as I am outside of the cafe. 

To: BBH

Hey, I got hired in a cafe. :D i got a job.

A second later, I receive a reply from him.

From: BBH

Good for you. Which cafe? Where is it? When do you start working? Who is the boss? Does he/ she looks friendly?

I roll my eyes at his excessive protectiveness over me, and decide to ignore his burning question and instead text him back with a ‘I’m coming later, cook for me ramen please!’.

As I exit the bus, I am surprised to see Baekhyun waiting for me at the bus-stop. He has his hands in the pant’s pocket, as he rocks his body back and forth, trying to keep himself warm. Autumn was over just a few days ago, and you could already feel the winter breezes. These few days have been getting colder.

“You’re finally here.” Baekhyun huffs out, and he removes his jacket and hands it over to me. I reject it, knowing how cold he is, his nose is actually red.

“How long have you been waiting for me?” I ask him, and place my hand on his cheek to realise that it is freezing. Idiot.

“Maybe, a little over thirty minutes?” Baekhyun laughs nervously.

“You idiot. You scold me for waiting for you for one hour in the cold, but what about your own body? You didn’t need to wait for me, Baek. I known the route to your house by heart, I remember it more than the route to my own house.” I scold him, and interlace his fingers with mine, and place it inside my jacket’s pocket where it can keep both of our hands warm.

“I wasn’t worried about you or anything like that,” Baekhyun scoffs, “I was just waiting for at the bus-stop because I was bored at home.” 

I laugh at his lame excuse, and nods at him anyway. “Right, right. I don’t deserve someone like you to wait for me at a bus-stop for over thirty minutes. You are far more important than me.”

“Glad that you know. My mom is at home by the way, so don’t act like a hooligan later.” Baekhyun warns me, and sniffs a little.

"And my mom cooked something for me, and she tells me not to cook ramen for you since it's unhealthy." He sniffs again. He looks so pale that he actually looks like he's falling sick soon. I stare at him worriedly, and about to tell him to take my hoodie instead to keep himself warm when he mutters:

“Oh , the mucus is coming out.”

He takes out our intertwined hand, and I know what he is about to do, so I immediately try to tear my hand away from him, but his grip is so strong that it is kind of hard to do.

With a smirk on his face, he brings  our hands together to his face, and that guy has the guts to actually wipe the fluid on the back of my hand. 

He lets go immediately, and runs for his life. Meanwhile, I shriek in horror and in disgust. I’m pretty sure the whole neighbourhood is shaken up by my scream but I don’t care. All I ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter